Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Did you already go for the new Firefox 4.0?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Did download the new Firefox to day. Yes, it's a bit faster but is it really better?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

new layout takes some getting used to, but i like it....

clean and simple, especially the full screen mode
Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
new layout takes some getting used to, but i like it....
clean and simple, especially the full screen mode
Damned this spreads fast, http://glow.mozilla.org/

Already 10 million when I post this... now!

Did also download the IE9, though.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Contributors

I did the 4.0 install on one of my notebooks and as already written the layout (tabs, buttons, etc) still need some customizing to make it more familiar for me. After using a browser for a year or so you kinda get used to pointing and clicking ... but if a familiar button is on the other side of the page ... UGH !! Relearning a layout all over again
Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

I've given up on the browser war. I also kinda gave up on FF when it started to get bloaty and unstable (maybe because of Flash?). These day's I mainly stick with the native browser - IE9 on Win7 and Safari5 on OS X.

I do sometimes miss the customizable features in FF and some plug-ins but it's not worth the hassle for me when there is a new upgrade then I had to go and fix everything that broke. I work with computers all day and the last thing I want to do is come home to tinker on my own machine. If I tinker on the computer it's because I'm trying to learn something that will make me more money.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

been a few hours now I'm finally getting used to the new layout..also found 2 great add-ons for yahoo mail and gmail that have icons in the actual menu bar and not just the add-on bar...

so far, for FF4
Attached Thumbnails Did you already go for the new Firefox 4.0?-ff4.png  
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Liking it here too - it's a nice upgrade
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

One thing I'm finding annoying (only due to the new layout)..when right clicking over a link to open in a new tab, the "new tab" selection is now first, and the "new page" selection is now second, vice versa from previous FF versions...but minor annoyance which I'll sure be rid of in a few days...
Old 03-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
One thing I'm finding annoying (only due to the new layout)..when right clicking over a link to open in a new tab, the "new tab" selection is now first, and the "new page" selection is now second, vice versa from previous FF versions...but minor annoyance which I'll sure be rid of in a few days...
Yes, I faced that as well, but got used to it in time as in Google chrome it is the same as well. IE9 "open new tab" is in still in second row.

Gene, can you please tell me what is tthe difference between having Gmail as an Icon like yours and Gmail as an add-on like mine?
Is it more efficient? What does it do? If you get a new email, can you see it from the drop down arrow in the icon or does it take you to a new tab to your inbox?

Mine has a dropped down arrow but doesn't show any new mail, just says "Refresh". So have to click the icon to take me to my inbox.
Is there a way to know if i have a new email with my gmail through add-on or extension?

If possible, can you send me the link where I can find that icon to try it out.

Here's my layout.

Thanks

Jad
Attached Thumbnails Did you already go for the new Firefox 4.0?-ff4.jpg  
Old 03-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

been using it 2 days and it is ok same as IE9 but better

Quick Reply: Did you already go for the new Firefox 4.0?