Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Dealer Auction Pics 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

That Ferrari was awesome! Always love the pics brotha keep em coming
Old 12-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1075105
That Ferrari was awesome! Always love the pics brotha keep em coming
Thanks!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

So Marc, the questions of the day is: Did you guys buy any cars at this one? Or are you waiting for the next one? Also, did you ever sell that Bentley (or was it a Rolls) you had before?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1075195' date='Dec 17 2009, 09:59 AM
So Marc, the questions of the day is: Did you guys buy any cars at this one? Or are you waiting for the next one? Also, did you ever sell that Bentley (or was it a Rolls) you had before?
We where bidding on a 2007 E92 335i Space Grey with 14k miles, the car was near perfect. It was, I am not kidding, the only E92 that wasn't trashed. All of the other E92 coupes where in horrid condition....I don't know if it's because its the end of the year or something but 90% of the BMW's at this auction where horrible. Because this E92 was the only one in good shape, the bidding price got dangerously close to the retail price so we didn't buy it..

My Dad decided he liked the Bentley that much that he kept it for himself
Old 12-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1075211' date='Dec 17 2009, 07:24 AM
We where bidding on a 2007 E92 335i Space Grey with 14k miles, the car was near perfect. It was, I am not kidding, the only E92 that wasn't trashed. All of the other E92 coupes where in horrid condition....I don't know if it's because its the end of the year or something but 90% of the BMW's at this auction where horrible. Because this E92 was the only one in good shape, the bidding price got dangerously close to the retail price so we didn't buy it..

My Dad decided he liked the Bentley that much that he kept it for himself
Good for him, he should enjoy some of the better things in life. I agree if the price was that close to retail I wouldn't buy it either - no way you'd recoup the cash invested then. Anyway glad to hear another auction went well enough (anytime you walk away not having made a bad deal is a good day).
Old 12-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1075213' date='Dec 17 2009, 10:27 AM
Good for him, he should enjoy some of the better things in life. I agree if the price was that close to retail I wouldn't buy it either - no way you'd recoup the cash invested then. Anyway glad to hear another auction went well enough (anytime you walk away not having made a bad deal is a good day).
Yea it's just too bad that the highline market is dying in this economy. You should see for how much sh*t boxes go for these days....but dealing with those sh*tty cars is no fun, and it's a really tough market for highline cars... we aren't even able to cover our overhead. It looks like we will be pulling the plug on the dealership soon...too bad since we really put a lot of work into it.

There are so many costs involved in this business, you have auction fees, post sale inspection costs, transportation costs, $500 per month just to be able to make listings on cars.com, costs for the website...the list goes on...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1075216' date='Dec 17 2009, 07:32 AM
Yea it's just too bad that the highline market is dying in this economy. You should see for how much sh*t boxes go for these days....but dealing with those sh*tty cars is no fun, and it's a really tough market for highline cars... we aren't even able to cover our overhead. It looks like we will be pulling the plug on the dealership soon...too bad since we really put a lot of work into it.
Eh, when one doors closes another opens buddy. Besides the dealership can be revived when the economy gets a little better. Maybe try real estate - longer term commitment but hey, there's a TON of $$$$ to be made right now in it. The houses we bought earlier this year are now rented and producing income, marginally, but still producing. Hopefully soon we can actually buy one for ourselves
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1075218' date='Dec 17 2009, 10:36 AM
Eh, when one doors closes another opens buddy. Besides the dealership can be revived when the economy gets a little better. Maybe try real estate - longer term commitment but hey, there's a TON of $$$$ to be made right now in it. The houses we bought earlier this year are now rented and producing income, marginally, but still producing. Hopefully soon we can actually buy one for ourselves

Hahaha, well my Dad is always looking for new ways to make money
Thankfully we don't need to rely on the dealership to cover our costs... so we can try new things without the fear of going under if we should fail...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1075219' date='Dec 17 2009, 07:39 AM
Hahaha, well my Dad is always looking for new ways to make money
Thankfully we don't need to rely on the dealership to cover our costs... so we can try new things without the fear of going under if we should fail...
Great way to live, more people should be like that. I'm trying to be that way, I still have my career so if I lose some in the houses (and they won;t turn a profit for a while after remodelling) I'll be okay. In the meantime we keep looking.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1075223' date='Dec 17 2009, 10:59 AM
Great way to live, more people should be like that. I'm trying to be that way, I still have my career so if I lose some in the houses (and they won;t turn a profit for a while after remodelling) I'll be okay. In the meantime we keep looking.
That sounds good

Quick Reply: Dealer Auction Pics 4