Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Damn you Baron!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

It's all over ESPN, Baron Davis left the Warriors to sign with the LA Clippers for a 5 yr deal at $65 million.

Originally Posted by ESPN
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3470016

Baron Davis shocked the Warriors by opting out of his contract on Monday. Imagine their surprise now.

Baron Davis

Davis

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a new multiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.

Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at the last minute.

Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.

Forward Elton Brand also opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, and speculation quickly began that the team would try to keep Brand and sign Davis. This scenario is only possible if the Clippers renounce the rights of Corey Maggette and Brand takes a slight pay cut.

Sources say the Clippers are expected to do just that and quickly reach a verbal agreement to bring back Brand.

Maggette opted out of his deal on Monday as well.

Davis averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season for a Warriors team that won 48 games but did not make the playoffs.

Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
I can't believe it, I'm mad at Baron for all that bullshit talk saying he wants to stay here and all that and then leaves. He held out last minute to opt out and couple days later he signs with another squad. On the other hand, he did bring back the excitement back to the Bay since both football teams are garbage right now (still GO RAIDERS!). I'm still salty at the Warriors organization about J-Rich getting traded. Being a die hard fan, I'm getting use to seeing this happen all the time to the Warriors. I'm very torn about this situation but I hope Mullin and the rest of the organization can make some super moves to get us back to the top..
Old 07-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

just heard about this

if they all stay healthy in L.A is going to be a good team, but i didnt like that he opt'd ot i like him at GS
Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Contributors

the Clippers?! i love BD, but the Clips will always suck - w/ or w/o him!

i think he had a great thing going with the GW, loved watchin' those guys play. they always covered the o/u!lol
Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

^ Haha TRUE, they always covered.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Contributors

yo, any updated on the shipment?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Clips are a good team, just think there management sucks. They don't know how to keep a team together....BD should be a nice addition to the team tho...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Personally I was kind of hoping Baron Davis would opt for the "other" LA team.....The idea of Davis passing to Kobe was intoxicating!! Especially with his UCLA roots, I figured he would want to join Jordan Farmar and Trevor Ariza too! But alas it was not to be.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

i dont get why la has 2 teams, they just sell the clippers and put that money into an la nfl team, that would bring in sooo many spectators
Old 07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='614635' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:23 PM
i don't get why la has 2 teams, they just sell the clippers and put that money into an la NFL team, that would bring in sooo many spectators
If only it were that easy!! Send the Clippers back to San Diego and get an NFL franchise, where do I sign up for that???? I even heard a wild story yesterday about the Rams only having 7 years left on their contract with St. Louis and with Georgia not around anymore, they might come back to LA!! We supported TWO NFL franchises here in LA and when the last franchise offer goes out, it went to Houston!! And they lost their previous franchise partly due to LACK OF SUPPORT from the fans!! I mean who does LA have to sleep with to get an NFL franchise in the second largest media city in the USA??? But I digress,
Old 07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

He did the same thing to the Hornets a couple of years ago. He's chasing the $$! God bless him...

Quick Reply: Damn you Baron!