Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

CRAZY Drunk Driver This Morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

This morning around 9AM when I was heading to work (///Motorcepts), I turned into 130th Street from Atlantic Ave. I was 2 blocks away from my shop. The tunnel area if you guys are familiar with it. Then I saw a Honda Accord hit the rear driver corner of an E92 328i and the E92 was a little sideways after that. I waited since there was a car behind me. The E92 driver got out and walked to the Accord. I am guessing he said let's settle this and move the car up. Passed the short tunnel and E92 pulled over. The Accord blew by him and I was right behind him. The E92 quickly caught up and the Accord was then stopped since there was an oncoming truck due to the snow we have.

E92 got out again and then I got out too. I yelled at the Accord guy "Why the **** are you running away? That's hit and run!" The E92 owner told me the Accord driver is pissed drunk. I took a sniff at the window and it smells like CRAZY alcohol. I felt like I was in a bar before it closes. That's how it smelled like. E92 owner said either pay me for my damages (he needs a new paint job on the bumper) or I'll call 911. He said no to both. E92 owner got pissed and called 911. While he was calling, Accord tried to drive away.

Accord blew tons of stop signs and red lights. E92 and I chased him. Accord guy must be retarded! You have a 328i and a Cayenne Turbo chasing you IN THE SNOW! You think you'll get away? He was also stupid enough to stop on the RIGHT with many cars surrounding him on intersection of Van Wyck Service Road and Jamaica Ave at the red light. I drove on the other side and went in front of the light sideways and blocked him. When the car in front of the Accord left, I backed up and cornered him.

E92 owner called 911 again and reported the situation. Accord guy came out and wanted him NOT to call 911 but it's too late. I went inside the Accord, turned off the ignition, took the keys out and gave it to the E92 owner. Accord guy begged E92 owner not to call 911 and said he will go to the ATM now. We both said you're too late! Driving wrecklessly, hit and run, CRAZY! He showed us a check and we both ignored him. I waved down an NYPD car and they stopped. Told him there's a dangerous drunk man driving the Accord who hit the BMW and you better stop him right there. The Accord guy couldn't even stand straight! He was walking wobbly.

Officers took down my information and the E92's owner information and started searching the Accord guy. E92 owner then left afterwards since he said he will repair it himself. I am not sure what happened after Accord guy got searched since I also left since I had to go to work but he definitely deserves a DWI and a small jail time.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Dinan 545i

Drunk driver during commute time!?!?!

Nice catch! Glad that it didn't get 'deadly'.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 LCI 535i sport M5 umnitza full kit, Maya RM 1 245/35/20 20x9 et16, 275/30/20 20x10.5 et17, Future mods- KW coilovers V3 and StopTech brake

That's a crazy morning. Thank goodness no one got hurt.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Damn that's crazy!

Did the E92 driver even thank you for helping him? lol
Old 01-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Damn that's crazy!

+1

But I disagree with you john, I think you should've just got his plate number or just kept following him until the police caught up or came by. What if the guy hit your car as well or moreover, had a gun in possession. I mean, a drunk guy at 9am..... you have to assume the worst. Much different than a guy drunk at 3am

Just thinking about your safety.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Teamwork!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Krozi
Damn that's crazy!

Of course. He took the shop address and phone number down too.

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
+1

But I disagree with you john, I think you should've just got his plate number or just kept following him until the police caught up or came by. What if the guy hit your car as well or moreover, had a gun in possession. I mean, a drunk guy at 9am..... you have to assume the worst. Much different than a guy drunk at 3am

Just thinking about your safety.
That's so true! Why didn't I think of that? LOL. It was early in the morning.

But then maybe I was pissed because that guy tried to run away from a BMW!!!!! EDIT: AND A PORSCHE!

Originally Posted by tonymac
Teamwork!
TEAMWORK!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
Of course. He took the shop address and phone number down too.
Awww yeeee new customer
Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Contributors

Hey John ... got a light bar and siren for that Porsche yet
Old 01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Hey John ... got a light bar and siren for that Porsche yet

LOL. Ur crazier than me!