Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Crashed BA Plane for sale on Ebay!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

See description & those questions from other members

There you go:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boeing-777-for-sale-low-mileage-but-sold-as-non-runner_W0QQitemZ330205464820QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2983QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Don't make jokes about this.
This could become a huge headache for the aircraft manufacturers...
Old 01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

The plane crash is not funny i know (Luckily, no one is seriously hurt in this incident )

But the guy trying to sell a crashed plane is real funny!! He's trying sell it like selling a car
Old 01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

I know two people that were on board.

And if all the reports from the crew are right, this could be a massive problem for Boeing and maybe all aircraft manufacturers.
Engines not responding, not on autopilot, not on manual... That's severe.

How the emergency was handled shows us what highly trained professionals can achieve.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Contributors

I ran AirFax on it ... It's a one owner.

Allstate is not sure if they will total it. Might be a good deal after the body shop gets done with it.

On a serious note, CNN reported that the plane lost power on a landing approach that takes it over heavily traveled roads - not unlike many US Metro Airports. The crew must have had a handful to take it as well as they had. Luckily no fire and no loss of life.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='519828' date='Jan 18 2008, 05:18 PM
I know two people that were on board.

And if all the reports from the crew are right, this could be a massive problem for Boeing and maybe all aircraft manufacturers.
Engines not responding, not on autopilot, not on manual... That's severe.

How the emergency was handled shows us what highly trained professionals can achieve.
Absolutely - all the evidence seems to point to this crew doing an outstanding job. Flight deck heroics notwithstanding one other thing that stood out for me was the lady who was the cabin services director making sure she was last off the plane. She made sure the passengers were off and the crew were all OK rather than just opening the door and jumping out. Very professional job under what must have been a tremendous amount of pressure.

Glad your friends were OK. Did they have any idea what happened?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Actually customers, not friends.
They had no idea.
Everything went fine and suddenly the plane hit harder than usual and everybody was told to get out, and move...
When they were out of the plane they noticed what had happened and were stunned, couldn't believe it.

It was a GREAT job by the flight crew and the cabin crew!
When teh autothrottle demanded more throttle and the engines didn't respond, the aircraft was 2 nautical miles from the runway and 600 ft. high in the air. At this point in flight, they need a little speed to land the aircraft safely with its nose up. Not getting the demanded throttle, the aircraft falls below a certain speed and stalls. That seems to be the case with BA038.
Now the question is, why did the engines didn't respond?
Not even when the flight crew manually applied more throttle.

It sounds a bit like their CCC froze...

If this is a computer problem, the industry is in trouble...
Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='519828
Absolutely - all the evidence seems to point to this crew doing an outstanding job. Flight deck heroics notwithstanding one other thing that stood out for me was the lady who was the cabin services director making sure she was last off the plane. She made sure the passengers were off and the crew were all OK rather than just opening the door and jumping out. Very professional job under what must have been a tremendous amount of pressure.
+1 all crews and pilots done brilliantly and saved hundreds of lifes!! They are 'hero'!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='519836' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:44 PM
When teh autothrottle demanded more throttle and the engines didn't respond, the aircraft was 2000 miles from the runway and 600 ft. high in the air.
2,000 miles away and 600 ft in the air, quite a glide path! Just kidding, sounds like a top notch crew averted a major disaster. And think what could have happened if this occured earlier in the approach, say somewhere over London...

All this reliance on computers has its consequences, and we're not talking about rebotting iDrive here!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yep.

The flight crew had a total of about 30 seconds to get the plane down.

Well done, and no wonder the pilot looked a bit pale after the landing... Who wouldn't?

Quick Reply: Crashed BA Plane for sale on Ebay!!