Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

cop cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

in the u.s... the cop cars seen are ford crown vics and chevy impalas for how many years. in the east they are starting to use dodge chargers as cop cars to see how they are. those things are badass and look hard and can do serious damage. my friend with an evo just added the charger as a car that he's scared of to race on the streets. well while i was at the shop gettin tint done on my car today i noticed a cop car in the streets of long beach. first time for me to see a dodge charger as a squad car. the only thing was that it said on the side that it was stationed in tustin. i was wondering why a squad car from tustin is doing in long beach.. not that normal to see cop cars from other specific cities other than close ones. well the charger cop car was making a right on cherry and just took off.. it sounded mean. i just found it interesting so decided to post about it. any thoughts on these? i know alot of people wont like it because cop cars are just gettin faster and all. also wondering about what kind of cars are used by the police in other areas of the country / world.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='378782' date='Jan 16 2007, 03:48 AM
. also wondering about what kind of cars are used by the police in other areas of the country / world.
This our local crack police crew...... be afraid be very afraid !!!

cop cars-police.jpg
Old 01-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

We have this:

V6 petrols and V6 diesels.

But of course we also have this:
Old 01-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Members

My Ride: '12 BMW 520d Touring

This kind of cars are driving around in my area, supported by some Opel Zafira's (we are on the border of two police districts).

The Police cars in my place of birth (which I visit several times a year) are much nicer though!

On the Autobahn Mercedes E-classes all the way, and in the city Volkswagen Passat (I have seen an E91 BMW also as a police car, but just once, so maybe it was some kind of demonstrator?):

Althought these ones are the nicest ones, they remain to be seen in just a few places in Germany:

Old 01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

cop cars-post_7188_1168182055.jpg

cop cars-post_7188_1168182074.jpg

cop cars-post_7188_1168182087.jpg
Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Glad I don't see these in my rear view mirror!!

cop cars-0503_lamborghini_gallardo_police_car_04_445.jpg

cop cars-police_porsche.jpg
Old 01-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Members

It doesnt matter what they got they also have helicopter in many countries! And on things for sure if your on a highway and you cannot get off you aint gonna go as fast as a radio! I have to admit i tried it twice first time they got me. Banned 2 years! Second time they didnt but the first time was in a volvo the second time a honda blackbird!
My advice get all your detectors working and get your jammers installed. And always be aware.

In the uk i have golden rules. Dont do over 100mph for any length of time on the highway. Keep all the high speed stuff to the A roads and roads that you know.

If you know the road then you know where they trap or hang out or where the cameras are.

And if your going to run Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by fraseman999' post='381572' date='Jan 22 2007, 10:43 AM
I have to admit i tried it twice first time they got me. Banned 2 years! Second time they didnt but the first time was in a volvo the second time a honda blackbird!
What speed were you doing to get that???
Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Members

My Ride: '12 BMW 520d Touring

Originally Posted by fraseman999' post='381572' date='Jan 22 2007, 11:43 AM
It doesnt matter what they got they also have helicopter in many countries! And on things for sure if your on a highway and you cannot get off you aint gonna go as fast as a radio! I have to admit i tried it twice first time they got me. Banned 2 years! Second time they didnt but the first time was in a volvo the second time a honda blackbird!
My advice get all your detectors working and get your jammers installed. And always be aware.

In the uk i have golden rules. Dont do over 100mph for any length of time on the highway. Keep all the high speed stuff to the A roads and roads that you know.

If you know the road then you know where they trap or hang out or where the cameras are.

And if your going to run Good Luck!
With the proper machinery you can get away.

Classic Video:

Old 01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

Originally Posted by fraseman999' post='381572' date='Jan 22 2007, 01:43 PM
It doesnt matter what they got they also have helicopter in many countries! And on things for sure if your on a highway and you cannot get off you aint gonna go as fast as a radio!
tell that to my mom.. she tried it once... and once she came to a stop a police officer knoked on the window... she played dump..and said "i didnt know you were following me "...
amazingly i cant remmember what she did but she got off with a warning...

another time was at a checkpoint, she was driving my car...my car was fully tinted (even front), in the checkpoint police officer asker her to pull over and stop next to the other cars pulled over.. she pulls over waits about a minute, no officer came... then pulls off like nothing happened.. nobody knew she even left...

Quick Reply: cop cars