Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Cool Personalized Plates

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009 | 08:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

The cooled plates I've seen have both been attached to Jaguar's...

A long time ago, this Warrant Officer I was stationed with had a Jaguar XJ. On his plate he had PURRPWR (Purr Power).

A month or so ago, I saw this older MILF in the mall parking lot. She was driving a Jaguar XF, and on her plate it said "BAD KITY"

I also saw a guy with a Mustang GT. On his plate it said "WO HORSY". He had Wyoming plates I do believe.

Very cool / appropriate and cool plates given the cars.

----------------------------

True highway stories-

The other cool license plate I heard about. My friend Will, from Mobile, AL- had a 1990 BMW 325i 5-sp manual, coupe. He thought it was the cat's meow as far as performance goes. I didn't, but after he took me for a ride in it, I thought it was too. It had 183 HP, if memory serves- which was as much as many V8's back in 1992. Back then, the mighty M5 only had 272 HP.

So anyway, he was heading back to Fort Hood and was on I-10 between Baton Rouge and Lafayette on the long bridge- nowhere for a cop to hide, plenty of room to run- if one is so inclined. He was cruising about 80 MPH, minding his own business when he said this Camaro passed him, and got just far enough ahead of him for him to read his licence plate. The plate said BMWEATR.

Will sped up a bit and the guy began bucking (pressing and lifting off the accellerator) his car (at 80 MPH) to initiate a race. Will took the bait, down-shifted, and walked away from the Camaro. He quickly surged from 80 MPH to the governor/rev-limiter at 125 MPH and was holding it. The Camaro quickly pulled alongside of him (at 125 MPH) and began bucking him again. He looked over at the guy, and the dude floored it, and walked away from him. If that was a newer Camaro (1992 - 1993) it woudl have to have been a Z28, to walk him like that... I think if it were on IROC, he woudl have said IROC.. But anyway...

Will let up, and the guy in the Camaro went on about his business. He never saw or caught up to the guy again.

Will never told me what year or bodystyle Camaro he thought it was. Only that he got his butt kicked by a guy in a Camaro with BMWEATR on his license plate.
Old 10-07-2009 | 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bighersh' post='1026846' date='Oct 7 2009, 12:16 PM
The cooled plates I've seen have both been attached to Jaguar's...

A long time ago, this Warrant Officer I was stationed with had a Jaguar XJ. On his plate he had PURRPWR (Purr Power).

A month or so ago, I saw this older MILF in the mall parking lot. She was driving a Jaguar XF, and on her plate it said "BAD KITY"

I also saw a guy with a Mustang GT. On his plate it said "WO HORSY". He had Wyoming plates I do believe.

Very cool / appropriate and cool plates given the cars.

----------------------------

True highway stories-

The other cool license plate I heard about. My friend Will, from Mobile, AL- had a 1990 BMW 325i 5-sp manual, coupe. He thought it was the cat's meow as far as performance goes. I didn't, but after he took me for a ride in it, I thought it was too. It had 183 HP, if memory serves- which was as much as many V8's back in 1992. Back then, the mighty M5 only had 272 HP.

So anyway, he was heading back to Fort Hood and was on I-10 between Baton Rouge and Lafayette on the long bridge- nowhere for a cop to hide, plenty of room to run- if one is so inclined. He was cruising about 80 MPH, minding his own business when he said this Camaro passed him, and got just far enough ahead of him for him to read his licence plate. The plate said BMWEATR.

Will sped up a bit and the guy began bucking (pressing and lifting off the accellerator) his car (at 80 MPH) to initiate a race. Will took the bait, down-shifted, and walked away from the Camaro. He quickly surged from 80 MPH to the governor/rev-limiter at 125 MPH and was holding it. The Camaro quickly pulled alongside of him (at 125 MPH) and began bucking him again. He looked over at the guy, and the dude floored it, and walked away from him. If that was a newer Camaro (1992 - 1993) it woudl have to have been a Z28, to walk him like that... I think if it were on IROC, he woudl have said IROC.. But anyway...

Will let up, and the guy in the Camaro went on about his business. He never saw or caught up to the guy again.

Will never told me what year or bodystyle Camaro he thought it was. Only that he got his butt kicked by a guy in a Camaro with BMWEATR on his license plate.
Get an M and you wont have that problem!
Old 10-07-2009 | 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Again, all muscle cars have the same Achilles Heel. Great in a straight line, horrible in a turn, too bad all roads aren't straight, huh?
Old 10-07-2009 | 08:36 AM
Contributors

I saw a very appropriate plate in Munich recently. It's very hard to get a plate that's meaningful here because of the limitations. The first 1-3 letters depend on your city (e.g. M for Munich, S for Stuttgart, and up to 3 letters for smaller towns). Then there's the two little circles that show the car is registered, then come between 1 and 3 more letters, followed by between 1 and 4 numbers. So you can get things like A:A1234 up to ABC:XY 123. Difficult to get creative with that.

So the one I saw was on a Mustang 500 and the owner lived in the town of Starnberg which has the first 3 letters of STA (which is a good start). The dude managed to get the next two letters of NG followed by the numbers 500. So his plate was STA:NG 500. Pretty good for a german plate. I imagine there are some people out there sporting S:L 55 and A:MG 63 and so on.
Old 10-07-2009 | 02:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

Originally Posted by Aartsy19' post='1026849' date='Oct 7 2009, 11:18 AM
Get an M and you wont have that problem!
Very true (Today), but, in 1993 (when this incident happened), the M3 (for sure) M5 (most likely) would have probably got it's butt kicked too by a 92-93 Z-28.

Today, the M's would dispatch all stock Camaro's.

Are today's M5's clipped at 155 too?

I tell you what.. I'd love to get my hands on a BMW 850Csi... I don't care how old it is, that was one sweet car...
Old 10-07-2009 | 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by bighersh' post='1027164' date='Oct 7 2009, 05:29 PM
I tell you what.. I'd love to get my hands on a BMW 850Csi... I don't care how old it is, that was one sweet car...
My neighbor's dad (her mom has it now, since he passed away) has one, black.
If you're serious about buying it, I can inquire for you.
Old 10-07-2009 | 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by bighersh' post='1027164' date='Oct 7 2009, 03:29 PM
Are today's M5's clipped at 155 too?
Yep, in the US at least they are limited. Easy to delimit, but out of the box they're limited to 155 (although BMW seemingly chooses to interpret 155MPH rather liberally..)
Old 10-07-2009 | 03:31 PM
Contributors

I parked next to a Tesla Roadster a couple of weeks ago in the O'Hare parking garage. It was a dark green color and the plate said: GRN CAR
Old 10-07-2009 | 03:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='1027171' date='Oct 7 2009, 05:41 PM
My neighbor's dad (her mom has it now, since he passed away) has one, black.
If you're serious about buying it, I can inquire for you.
Not in the market right now... 12 months too soon.
Old 10-07-2009 | 03:48 PM
Senior Members

I saw a car that said"AMGTHIS" it was on a forum I don't think it was this one but sick nonetheless.

Quick Reply: Cool Personalized Plates