Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Confused?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009 | 11:26 PM
Contributors

Today I got pulled over for speeding (52 mph in a 30 mph section).

The cop seemed real strict and uptight. Told me that he was pacing behind me and that I was driving too fast. He then took my driver's license, registration and insurance paperwork.

Then asked me why my front windows are tinted and that I should know that it is illegal.

Then he asked me where my front plate is.

So he went back into his car for like 5 minutes while I was sweating in my car (I've never had a traffic ticket before).

Came back to me and handed me my license, insurance, and registration. Tells me "Just remember that the speed limit here is 30 mph, I won't give you a ticket for the tinted windows but make sure you get that removed to avoid getting pulled over next time"...then he walks back to his car.

Now im sitting here thinking, "Did he forget to hand me a ticket for speeding?" or "Did he just let me go with a warning?" or "Did he register the ticket electronically or something new that I have not heard of before???" If it was a warning, why go to his car for 5 minuites? what was he doing?

Don't I have to sign a ticket for speeding?

Someone tell me, as I never had a moving violation before.
Old 12-15-2009 | 11:34 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

you lucky bastard. if you didn't get a ticket you didnt get a ticket.

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1074477' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:26 AM
Today I got pulled over for speeding (52 mph in a 30 mph section).

The cop seemed real strict and uptight. Told me that he was pacing behind me and that I was driving too fast. He then took my driver's license, registration and insurance paperwork.

Then asked me why my front windows are tinted and that I should know that it is illegal.

Then he asked me where my front plate is.

So he went back into his car for like 5 minutes while I was sweating in my car (I've never had a traffic ticket before).

Came back to me and handed me my license, insurance, and registration. Tells me "Just remember that the speed limit here is 30 mph, I won't give you a ticket for the tinted windows but make sure you get that removed to avoid getting pulled over next time"...then he walks back to his car.

Now im sitting here thinking, "Did he forget to hand me a ticket for speeding?" or "Did he just let me go with a warning?" or "Did he register the ticket electronically or something new that I have not heard of before???" If it was a warning, why go to his car for 5 minuites? what was he doing?

Don't I have to sign a ticket for speeding?

Someone tell me, as I never had a moving violation before.
Old 12-15-2009 | 11:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

If he said "remember the speed limit is 30", I don't think you have anything to worry about. He probably spent a long time in his cruiser checking your license and making sure that you've got no warrants or anything like that. When he saw your record and that you've had no moving violations before, he decided to take it easy on you, but I suspect LEOs can make a "note" about a "warning" somehow, so I'd be sure to follow his advice or at least get a friend or a relative who's on the force give you a badge - so that the tints don't get you in trouble again. As for moving violation, 52 in 30 sounds like a typical "young driver" stuff - I used to get those way back before I hit the big two-O Just be careful and don't do stupid stuff. I'm sure that if you're behaving like a normal person, no cop ever really wants to give you a ticket.
Old 12-16-2009 | 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

if he didn't make you sign anything, most likely you have got off with a warning....
Old 12-16-2009 | 11:59 AM
Contributors

You should have asked him
Old 12-16-2009 | 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Stop being confused Joe, be happy you got no ticket, you got lucky. Enjoy it
Old 12-16-2009 | 02:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Sounds like just a warning. Congrats on getting out of you first ticket.