Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Car wash compliments?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009 | 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by e60insd' post='791351' date='Feb 12 2009, 12:42 PM
Anyways... It got me to thinking: How many people get compliments at the car wash?
My car gets looked up and down just about every place it travels to. Aside from the exhaust system getting everyones attention focused on the car at first, there's not a day that goes by where someone doesn't say something. I recently got asked about all the new work I did to my new X5 too. I doubt it will get as much attention as the M, but I was pretty shocked. There are a lot of enthusiasts out there, that you would never think are BMW lovers.
Old 02-12-2009 | 01:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

lol i got stopped by traffic cops thinking i was going to get a ticket yesterday in the city after i finished up a job..... but they stopped me to say damn you know how to take care of your car " i saw you surve and turn out of the way of every bump and pothole" i was on the west side near varick st.. man was i scared! lol i thought it was for running stop signs or something lol or my tints!
Old 02-12-2009 | 01:30 PM
Contributors

I get compliments every wea i go alot of negative stuff too since im young i get stuff like i hope your dad knows your driving his car i just dont say anything back because at the end of the day its mine i have my own place and no one covers my car note or my bill
Old 02-12-2009 | 01:35 PM
Members

"Why you washing your dads car for?" , then I show them my proof of insurance and registration all in my name and they just hate.
Old 02-16-2009 | 05:14 AM
Contributors

my car is always spotless and i usually spend about 1 day a week putting about 3 hours into it. the guy at my apartment complex with a black/black 2008 M5, always dirty as hell, never been washed always says "want to trade". I wish he was serious, although he recently traded it for some huge chevy pick-up. i dont know...

I have actually not gone out to dinner where i had planned before because the sprinklers are on in the entrance way to the resturant. there has been nights where i sat in my apartment starving because i have nothing to eat and it is raining out, and i know its going to be beautiful the next day and the car is perfect.... once when it was drizzling, i actually took my motorcycle to the store because the car was so clean.

yeah. im that bad.
Old 02-16-2009 | 06:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Sports, Premium and dynamic packages

I wash (once a week) and wax (once every 3 months) my own car. And yes, I get a lot of compliments, quite a bit of head turning too (I'm a girl and most people think it's my sugar daddy's car...people at my Starbucks (go there 2x day) were hitting on me, but told the Barista that most likely I had a sponsor
I have only gotten compliments from guys; I guess the girls get jealous since I get the attention, oh well tough sh** LOL
Old 02-16-2009 | 10:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='793903' date='Feb 16 2009, 06:14 AM
my car is always spotless and i usually spend about 1 day a week putting about 3 hours into it. the guy at my apartment complex with a black/black 2008 M5, always dirty as hell, never been washed always says "want to trade". I wish he was serious, although he recently traded it for some huge chevy pick-up. i dont know...

I have actually not gone out to dinner where i had planned before because the sprinklers are on in the entrance way to the resturant. there has been nights where i sat in my apartment starving because i have nothing to eat and it is raining out, and i know its going to be beautiful the next day and the car is perfect.... once when it was drizzling, i actually took my motorcycle to the store because the car was so clean.

yeah. im that bad.
Don't sweat it, most of us here are "That Bad"!!
Old 02-17-2009 | 12:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Most of the time people look at the car, then look at me, then turn back to the car and say:
"Ah, daddy's car huh..." (I'm 24 by the way)
After which i reply:
"Nope, it's mine"
After which they look either angry or scared.

I've gotten a couple of comments like: "You must be in the drugbusiness" but i just ignore those people...

With friends or just general "nice people", i mostly get compliments. I especially get compliments on the M-Tech kit and the rims (which aren't OEM btw, these are my winter tires so: replica).
Old 02-17-2009 | 12:32 PM
Contributors

I get lots of smiles, "nice car", thumbs up and people that ask questions especially when filling up with gas (which is every other day ).

Not many negaitve comments but a few sneers and disgusted looks from time to time....it's sad really, I just can't image going through life as a hater. It also bugs me when I'm checking out someone's car (repectfully, not to close, just looking at it) and they give you a sneer, like "what are you looking at....dream on....I am better than you because I have a fancy car" kind of look. Just crazy.
Old 02-17-2009 | 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

I was at the car wash a couple weeks back, I was sitting their watching them clean it when two Army guys in Camies were like look at the M5. I laughed to myself and also smiled because it is just a 530I. good times.

Quick Reply: Car wash compliments?