Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Car seat/Stroller and Baby Furniture Recc...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

***I know there was a thread on baby seats earlier this year but I just can't seem to find it....

Okay, so most of you already know my wife and I are expecting our first child. We have been doing some research on stroller/car seat combo's lately but just seems like there's way too many to choose from. Anyone have any suggestions on which ones to use or are better?

We would like a stroller to car seat convertible, opinions on combos please: advantages or disadvantages.
Car seat suggestions. We are planning on just buying a second base to keep one in each car and make it easier to switch between cars.
Stroller Suggestions. We would like something lightweight and easy to break down.

RE: baby furniture: We are planning on getting a crib/toddler bed, changing table/dresser, a side bassinet, and a nursing/rocking chair. Missing anything else or don't need something I just listed?

***We are trying to find a balance between cost and function, not trying to break the bank here...

TIA guys and gals (mel... )

Gene
Old 07-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='628545' date='Jul 20 2008, 12:17 PM
***I know there was a thread on baby seats earlier this year but I just can't seem to find it....

Okay, so most of you already know my wife and I are expecting our first child. We have been doing some research on stroller/car seat combo's lately but just seems like there's way too many to choose from. Anyone have any suggestions on which ones to use or are better?

We would like a stroller to car seat convertible, opinions on combos please: advantages or disadvantages.
Car seat suggestions. We are planning on just buying a second base to keep one in each car and make it easier to switch between cars.
Stroller Suggestions. We would like something lightweight and easy to break down.

RE: baby furniture: We are planning on getting a crib/toddler bed, changing table/dresser, a side bassinet, and a nursing/rocking chair. Missing anything else or don't need something I just listed?

***We are trying to find a balance between cost and function, not trying to break the bank here...

TIA guys and gals (mel... )

Gene
Congratulations again GENE, start with Peg Perego products. We've had a good experience with their products. Check out the Maclaren products as well, very light!

Our friends have liked the Strollair products. We've never used, but they've been happy with it. Bugaboo is another good option; we've never used them so I can't provide any feedback.

Best of luck!

@DRANGED... take note
Old 07-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

Congrats on the addition.

For car seats I wouldn't look anywhere else than Britax. They do make a couple infant seats/stroller combo's. I have three kids so we have tried our share of car seats. We started with Britax and each time we purchased another brand for one of the other cars, I would always be disappointed. The Britax seats do cost a little more but it's an investment in safety.

http://www.britaxchildcare.com/
Old 07-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='628567' date='Jul 20 2008, 12:44 PM
Congrats on the addition.

For car seats I wouldn't look anywhere else than Britax. They do make a couple infant seats/stroller combo's. I have three kids so we have tried our share of car seats. We started with Britax and each time we purchased another brand for one of the other cars, I would always be disappointed. The Britax seats do cost a little more but it's an investment in safety.

http://www.britaxchildcare.com/
+1 one Britax
Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Hey, that is awesome!!! The wife and I are also having our very first little one... I am am hoping for a Human! (we find out tomorrow the sex. Wooohoooo!)
Seriously, I have been looking for a bunch of things myself. I hope this thread can help...
Old 07-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

+1 for Peg Perego. We had the combo system with the base and seat that would go in the stroller. Very easy to use, light and appeared safe. Made it through two kids w/no problems.

Just wait till you are shopping for double-strollers. Those things are monsters!

congrats on the new addition.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Members

we went with the Peg Perego, it is much light than the combo systems, look at the primo viaggio SIP carriers amd the pliko p3, you'll love them. I know it isn't very manly to know so much about baby things, but after today, i am very glad I did the research on them.

We aren't even due until December and we already have the stroller and carrier. We went with the Pliko P3 and the primo viaggio SIP(side impact protection)
Old 07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

lol.. this is funny.. lol.. Gene.. pm sent to ya
Old 07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

My wife is also expecting in the next 2 weeks but this one is #5 for us so I have a lot of experience in this department!
With just one kid, Peg Perego "Aria" worked well...their infant carier does click into the stroller and the base for inside your car has the latch system (I think all car seats actually have latch system now).

Here's what else we currently have which you should considerafter the infant stages:
In my e60: 2 Britax "Boulevards" which are very good
In my wifes Sub: 1 Recaro, 1 Britax "Marathon" (we will soon replace with matching Recaro), and 2 Graco Booster seats (would like to replace those with the Recaro booster seats but the middle kids like the colors and features)

For strollers, go lite! We have 3 Maclaren "Volo's" which have been used to travel all over the from Hawaii to the Caribean. We have a PegPerego double in-line stroller but it is very heavy so it just sits in the garage but we do have a Combi side by side and it is very lite and folds very small.

For cribs...go to Baby's R Us. Best selection and prices. In fact I just bought a new one there but can't remember the name off hand. All the other kids had used the same one prior but we need 2 at the same time now. I also just bought a "Baby Trends" pack and play for our room when the baby will sleep in our room. Later we can use this when we go on vacation.

Here's what I think are the 3 biggest wastes of money:
- Baby bottle sterilizer - just wash in the dishwasher
- Diaper Gene - that thing stinks! Just throw the used one's away outside
- Wipes warmer - come on! Just use the costco kirkland brand like everyone else.

Hope this is helpfull good luck and congrats!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by melimel' post='630205' date='Jul 22 2008, 03:31 PM
lol.. this is funny.. lol.. Gene.. pm sent to ya
Thanx for the PM mel, always appreciated...

Quick Reply: Car seat/Stroller and Baby Furniture Recc...