Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Car Pics from Bruges

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi All:

The train ride from Belgium to Burges was very comfortable. The country side was very beautiful although we passed no "outstanding" features. We saw several small towns. They all looked immaculate as we have come to expect in outher European countries. Brugge, itself, is a gorgeous little city/town--immaculate like others. The people are very friendly and helpful and most we have encountered so far speak good English--which is not a necessity for us. We always muddle through somehow. On more than one occassion now, Belgiuns have told us that they will not go to Brussels if they can help it--maybe just to shop. And, more have said don't don't go out in Brussels after dark, etc., and have confirmed that the subways are very hard on the pocketbooks of others. Oliver, who lives in Brussels, mentioned that he tries not to go out after 6:00 p.m. My point is that we would visit Brussels again, but would be much better prepared.

Brugges is an entirely different story. Everyone says to feel safe here, but, as no matter where one is these days, to be observant. The, City, itself is gorgeous and picturesque. We had a great time exporing this afternoon. I now have seen one new-model BMW--a beautiful black 645i 0r 650i. Snapping fast moving objects is not the Minolta's forte unless I am completely ready for the object to move by. I wasn't so I did not try.

I am going to try to attach a few auto movies I shot with the Minolta. If they are not good enough, then this thread may be moved to the lounge. That's were my thread about Brussels is now.

Only one movie got attached. Go figure.
Attached Files
File Type: avi
PICT1926.AVI (1.56 MB, 139 views)
Old 01-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

znod,

Contact Lomag or something asap to get all the tens of same threads
that your crazy computer did going amok.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='219088' date='Jan 4 2006, 11:41 AM
znod,

Hi Rr: It wasn't the computer; it is the forum software. Things are still appearing and disappearing. It is bizzare. Please say please. I don't react well to orders.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by Znod' post='219097
znod,

Hi Rr: It wasn't the computer; it is the forum software. Things are still appearing and disappearing. It is bizzare. Please say please. I don't react well to orders.
[/quote]

It's not the forum software, from what I can tell, for what it's worth...
Old 01-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Not sure but it looks as if Lomag was doing a software patch right around the same time...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=20275

Maybe some strange software behavior did, in fact occur?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by das' post='219101
Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='219088' date='Jan 4 2006, 11:41 AM
znod,

It's not the forum software, from what I can tell, for what it's worth...
[/quote]The same thing happened when I was posting from London. I previewed the thread I was going to post and duplicates magically appeared. One thing I know for sure is that I did not make any duplicate posts.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='219106' date='Jan 4 2006, 12:15 PM
Not sure but it looks as if Lomag was doing a software patch right around the same time...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=20275

Maybe some strange software behavior did, in fact occur?
I know that it occurred. I only did what the software is supposed to allow--preview a post.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Cool vid. Bruges is one of the nicest small cities I've visited in Europe.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

that is a great movie of a one HorsePowered powered vehicle
Old 01-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Znod, Cool video...post some more pictures.
I am planning a trip to Europe soon I was hoping for a European delivery...but now I am considering just a visit and European delivery after I get tired of my new toy
Old 01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='219322' date='Jan 4 2006, 09:14 PM
Znod, Cool video...post some more pictures.
I am planning a trip to Europe soon I was hoping for a European delivery...but now I am considering just a visit and European delivery after I get tired of my new toy
yeah Europe is good

Quick Reply: Car Pics from Bruges