Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

CA cops on street racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

saw this recently and heard about it this week. im sure many have seen this, but just thought id share. everyone drive safely.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070620/ap_on_...rushed_hot_rods

interesting to see different views of people on the news and different forums as well. what do you guys think?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:57 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

No penalties surprises me in a country which has death penalty...
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550iReno, NV
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by ipp' post='439325' date='Jun 24 2007, 01:57 PM
No penalties surprises me in a country which has death penalty...
WOW!!!

That's a pretty high horse you're sitting on...
Old 06-26-2007, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

This is very well said:
"They should take out the stuff that matters, auction it off, and give the money to charity."

I really think that those people that determine to crush the cars have simply no brains or are pure ignorant to the laws of consumption. They could very well help homeless kids, or sick people or anything better than throw it to trash.

My opinion is that by doing this it will only make them act worse. It's like giving your kid a hell of beating for something he did wrong, and then acting ugly in the hope to teach him a lesson. Well most of the time that kid will act even worse. It's nature's way.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550iReno, NV
Model Year: 2008

First things first, the American media is here to do one thing, ?Sell Papers.? They do that by making a big headline about a nothing issue.

Now that being said, lets look at the facts of this story:

1. "Nearly 1,000 people have been arrested for investigation of street racing activities over the past two years in San Bernardino County alone"

2. 6 Vehicles were crushed

3. ?Police need a court order to destroy the cars. They must prove that the serial or identification numbers on a vehicle or its parts are removed, altered or destroyed.?

The police are not just out there pulling little ?Innocent Johnny? off the street and crushing his car. They are out there trying to stop a problem. They found a few, 0.6%, cars that are STOLEN or have STOLEN parts on them, and then crushed those cars.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

What a waste of money....

Theres homeless people, single mothers, and various others out there who could use the proceeds of that car if it were sold for even 50% of the value.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

California cops are dicks.

When I was 16, I had a heavily modified 3 series. Slammed to the ground, rims, engine tuning, sound system, the whole works.

I got pulled over one day for nothing, driving through my neighborhood. Cop gave me tickets for everything. Tint ticket, illegal exhaust ticket, headlights below minimum ticket, fog lights below minimum ticket, a few more for illegal parts under the hood. Six tickets in all, luckily my dad?s lawyer did some work and I only had to remove tint on front windows.

They pull over people constantly in So Cal, hassling kids about there cars. They have nothing better to do. Its a disgrace.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i / Black Sapphire Metallic / 6spd. manual / Sports package

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='440104' date='Jun 26 2007, 02:14 PM
California cops are dicks.

When I was 16, I had a heavily modified 3 series. Slammed to the ground, rims, engine tuning, sound system, the whole works.

I got pulled over one day for nothing, driving through my neighborhood. Cop gave me tickets for everything. Tint ticket, illegal exhaust ticket, headlights below minimum ticket, fog lights below minimum ticket, a few more for illegal parts under the hood. Six tickets in all, luckily my dad?s lawyer did some work and I only had to remove tint on front windows.

They pull over people constantly in So Cal, hassling kids about there cars. They have nothing better to do. Its a disgrace.

Yeah, cops in SoCal used to pull people over for anything that looked modified on their vehicle....It was a lot worse when the whole 'import' / 'euro' mod craze began back in the day. The cops have laid off a bit now because they're getting used to seeing these cars, but I'm sure it's still just as bad in certain areas, especially San Bernandino area.

I remember in HS, a kid being pulled over and ticketed by the cops because his 'exhaust was too loud'....He had a stock exhaust. Or this other guy because his 'car was too low'... WTF
Old 06-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by superhung' post='440184' date='Jun 26 2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, cops in SoCal used to pull people over for anything that looked modified on their vehicle....It was a lot worse when the whole 'import' / 'euro' mod craze began back in the day. The cops have laid off a bit now because they're getting used to seeing these cars, but I'm sure it's still just as bad in certain areas, especially San Bernandino area.

I remember in HS, a kid being pulled over and ticketed by the cops because his 'exhaust was too loud'....He had a stock exhaust. Or this other guy because his 'car was too low'... WTF
Yep, the funny thing is. I bet if you went to the parking lot at the police station, where they park their personal cars. I guarantee atleast half of their rides are illegaly modified cars or lifted trucks.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='439985' date='Jun 26 2007, 12:59 PM
What a waste of money....

Theres homeless people, single mothers, and various others out there who could use the proceeds of that car if it were sold for even 50% of the value.
It is clear that you did not listen to the entire video. Your response is ignorant at best.

Quick Reply: CA cops on street racing