Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BREAKING NEWS: Major explosions in London

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 01:51 AM
IMU
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**Breaking news**

London Underground has suspended all services following reports of explosions near Liverpool St and Edgware Road this morning.
We are also receiving news of explosions on a number of buses including one in Tavistock Square - and further explosions on the Piccadily Line near King's Cross.

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9am.

British Transport Police said the incident, reported at at 8.49am on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate.

London Underground said: "The network has been suspended until further notice and all stations are being evacuated.

"This follows major incidents at Liverpool Street and Edgware Road (Hammersmith & City) stations. Emergency services are on site and are working closely with London Underground."

A spokesman for the City of London Police said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Station.

Mainline train company First Great Western said its services into London's Paddington station were terminating at Reading in Berkshire because of the Underground crisis.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

i hope everybody is ok over there. this happend a day after london was awarded the 2012 olympics . i guess the officals won't rule out an intentional attack :'(.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:58 AM
IMU
Contributors

seems as though all mobile network phone lines are down....
Old 07-07-2005, 02:04 AM
Senior Members

don't be too nervous or you'll make the people around worry about you and i'm sure that is something you don't want to see. i think your family and friends will be ok. god bless everybody.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:07 AM
IMU
Contributors

I agree - we are not panicking but only 30% of our office staff have arrived to work and reports are that there are quite a few casualties...

See this link
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 AM
Senior Members

i'm reading this as well.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Senior Members

The cell phone transmitters have potentially been shut down in central London to prevent remote detonation of explosive devices. Latest news reports suggest that 20 people have died as a result of the 7 reported explosions. One of the explosions was on a tourist double decker bus.

Tony Blair has just been on tv to confirm these are terrorist attacks.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:25 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530 Touring XDA E61 M-Kit,X-Drive,and more n more :)

I just got that picture from a london broker ....
Attached Thumbnails BREAKING NEWS: Major explosions in London-london.jpg  
Old 07-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Terrible to hear and terrible for the victims' families. Not even a chance to bask in the newly acquired Olympic Games host victory.

A pity to hear the experts saying that this was ultimately inevitable...
Old 07-07-2005, 04:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Terrible news.

My wife called me when I was at lunch. Turned on the TV and it was a big Deja Vu for me.
All my staff was around my desk and we where watching the newschannel to get some info. In my office it was exactly the same scenery as it was at 11 september 2001..

Quick Reply: BREAKING NEWS: Major explosions in London