Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BP is just a big drop in a very bad ocean

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

I'm just vlad to be here
Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by nycmedic86
1 out of 2 is very general dont you think, having been working in the medical field i would assume that those numbers are specific to certain populations,

for example smoking is a very common point, living in a very urban society (i.e la, nyc etc) also job specifics (anyone thats has an office job/desk is

going to have a very different exposure limit than myslef for example who sits in a ambulance & breathes in diesel fumes daily). Yes cancer is a problem,a

growing problem, but that is also becuase we are an increasingly sedentary society becoming more & more dependant on manufactured & re-manufactured goods.

Basically what i'm trying to say is statistics are skewed to the person giving them & alot of cancer problems can be prevented or eased with a healthy

lifestyle/choices, dont get me wrong there is plenty out of our hands but with so much out of our hands why give up the things that we are in control of?
I hope you're not gonna have to be providing any kind of care for me, bro

Yes, one out of two. Get your hand out of the sand or stick it back in. You're speaking out, but you ain't got a voice, you hear?

I got word from a pal, who's undergone some procedures just recently today and he is FAR from the age where it could've happened from smoking or anything else. Its an epidemic and those of you, who haven't caught onto it yet, are going to catch up too late. Its probably already too late - just look around you and think how many people you know, who've had at least some form of it...

it is scary, but I'm far from paranoid. Unfortunately. I WISH it was paranoia... but none of us are waking up from this oil spill and none of us are gonna wake up from the fact that U.S. is the only developed country in the world where the hormones that cause cancer aren't banned from use on cows that produce milk. Had a glass lately?

Originally Posted by skelevirus
I'm just vlad to be here
+1, my brother, so +1
Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Members

My Ride: black on black 530Xi 6 spd

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I hope you're not gonna have to be providing any kind of care for me, bro

Yes, one out of two. Get your hand out of the sand or stick it back in. You're speaking out, but you ain't got a voice, you hear?

I got word from a pal, who's undergone some procedures just recently today and he is FAR from the age where it could've happened from smoking or anything else. Its an epidemic and those of you, who haven't caught onto it yet, are going to catch up too late. Its probably already too late - just look around you and think how many people you know, who've had at least some form of it...

it is scary, but I'm far from paranoid. Unfortunately. I WISH it was paranoia... but none of us are waking up from this oil spill and none of us are gonna wake up from the fact that U.S. is the only developed country in the world where the hormones that cause cancer aren't banned from use on cows that produce milk. Had a glass lately?

+1, my brother, so +1

Well i hope i dont have to either : ), but i must say i disagree with you there. I just listed some causes (there are hundreds, poss more),genetics play a big part also. I as well had a young person close to me < 25 catch cancer & it is scary, but the number you listed 1 out of 2 is so general, It tells me nothing of risk factors, demographics ect... which influence so much of a persons health. I wont disagree with you that cancer rates are much higher now than they've been, however a rate of 1 out of 2.... I would like to see something definitive on that. I also agree with the amount of hormones we use are very excessive,in fact there was an awesome documentary on our increased use of hormones & processing, which i recommened to anyone who's interested in the subject it was called Food,inc
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Members

c
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Members

c
Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Bro, how much clearer can it be?! 1 out of 2 men alive today.

Again, its not like I want this number to be right either.

Besides, what are you trying to argue - that cancer is not an epidemic?
Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

I've always believed, for the majority, you die of cancer or heart problems. So 1 out of 2 seems to make sense.