Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BMW Pulls out of F1

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Rislar' post='958425' date='Jul 29 2009, 12:29 PM
they wish and ill still Bet on Lewis to have a go at him, he seems to be the only driver with any balls!! bring back the badases of F1

Agreed, like I said, I really miss the Prost/Senna days - they HATED each other and it was obvious even when they were teammates.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='958429' date='Jul 29 2009, 08:30 PM
Agreed, like I said, I really miss the Prost/Senna days - they HATED each other and it was obvious even when they were teammates.
In the past, racing was racing. Today with all the fans crying unfair this and unfair that because Schumacher was above the rest, all sorts of rules came about. can't block, can't cut more than twice, and so on. Racing has become boring because drivers are not allowed to what they know best.... go out and RACE!.

Who cares if the guy infront wants to block the guy behind. Thats racing. He who dares,... WINS!!. So let the guy at the back screw on bigger balls and go for the last braking point. But no!! these pansies will complain and bitch more than they drive. And FIA will give in and slap a penalty on the best.

THink school for a second. We all knew of one guy who was always tops in the exams. Should the teacher go over and break his knuckles just so the rest can finish the exam while mr. smartie struggles to write beyond question 2?

In the past there have been numerous battles with champions. THe best though still stayed out of each others way no matter how close racing was. Thats why when shumi was racing, the only one I gave credit to was Mika. They raced but seldom ever came together... as opposed to Schumi racing a weaker driver like Damon.

that said, even senna drove prost off the road on a number of occasions.

cheers.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rislar' post='957984
Isn't McLaren BMW made?
Yes... BMW did tie up with mclaren and what a wonderful pairing it was. Not like Merc-Mclaren now.

cheers
Old 07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='958635' date='Jul 29 2009, 02:42 PM
In the past, racing was racing. Today with all the fans crying unfair this and unfair that because Schumacher was above the rest, all sorts of rules came about. can't block, can't cut more than twice, and so on. Racing has become boring because drivers are not allowed to what they know best.... go out and RACE!.

Who cares if the guy infront wants to block the guy behind. Thats racing. He who dares,... WINS!!. So let the guy at the back screw on bigger balls and go for the last braking point. But no!! these pansies will complain and bitch more than they drive. And FIA will give in and slap a penalty on the best.

THink school for a second. We all knew of one guy who was always tops in the exams. Should the teacher go over and break his knuckles just so the rest can finish the exam while mr. smartie struggles to write beyond question 2?

In the past there have been numerous battles with champions. THe best though still stayed out of each others way no matter how close racing was. Thats why when shumi was racing, the only one I gave credit to was Mika. They raced but seldom ever came together... as opposed to Schumi racing a weaker driver like Damon.

that said, even senna drove prost off the road on a number of occasions.

cheers.
+1 it was so much better and more exciting then. now it looks more like slot cars instead of real racing, they might as well race fom the padok with remote controls.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='958640' date='Jul 29 2009, 02:45 PM
Yes... BMW did tie up with mclaren and what a wonderful pairing it was. Not like Merc-Mclaren now.

cheers

That's a rather strange statement. Merc/McLaren produced the reigning champion, and were very close to taking the WCC last year. The win in the last race shows they've made more progress since the start of the season than any of the other supposedly top tier teams that would ordinarily have been expected to be in contention this year.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='958644

That's a rather strange statement. Merc/McLaren produced the reigning champion, and were very close to taking the WCC last year. The win in the last race shows they've made more progress since the start of the season than any of the other supposedly top tier teams that would ordinarily have been expected to be in contention this year.
Its evident you forget "Stepneygate". Lewis has to thank ferrari for his 2009 trophy in reality.

As for my comment on BMW-mclaren tie up, it was a joke... MclarenF1 car using BMW engine. While the new Mclaren SLR uses merc engines. However I sense merc are moving away from Mclaren SLR. Why would they come up with cars like the CLK black and so on.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='958683' date='Jul 29 2009, 03:14 PM
I call it PS - playstation racing. Totally boring and predictable.

cheers

Its evident you forget "Stepneygate". Lewis has to thank ferrari for his 2009 trophy in reality.

As for my comment on BMW-mclaren tie up, it was a joke... MclarenF1 car using BMW engine. While the new Mclaren SLR uses merc engines. However I sense merc are moving away from Mclaren SLR. Why would they come up with cars like the CLK black and so on.
With due respect, that's just bull... No team, and no car, was under greater scrutiny last year than McLaren.

Renault were also involved in Stepneygate. And so was a Ferrari employee. Renault got away with it, McLaren carried the can. Either way, the Stepney incident had zero to do with McLaren's win last year. Absolutely zero.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames' post='958697' date='Jul 29 2009, 11:34 PM
With due respect, that's just bull... No team, and no car, was under greater scrutiny last year than McLaren.

Renault were also involved in Stepneygate. And so was a Ferrari employee. Renault got away with it, McLaren carried the can. Either way, the Stepney incident had zero to do with McLaren's win last year. Absolutely zero.
I agree and well said