Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: Do you own an iPod? If so, what type otherwise choose No.
iPod Shuffle
1.92%
iPod Mini
21.79%
iPod Nano
8.97%
U2 iPod
1.92%
iPod
44.87%
No iPod
20.51%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

BMW owners who own iPods

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by mikej' date='Oct 11 2005, 08:22 PM
I read somewhere that BMW was the first car to become iPod ready.? The reasoning behind this was that most people who drive BMW's own iPod's.? Not sure how popular iPod's are in other countries but I've read people in other countries getting the aux port installed, so I'm pretty sure iPod's are popular everywhere.?

I forgot to but a "don't own one button".? Oh well, can't edit the selections.
[snapback]182974[/snapback]
Don't own one, don't care for one, don't understand why they are so popular. Don't get me wrong, I love music, but to the point of carrying it around with me and paying the price for one. Maybe there should a poll as to, "Who listens to ALL the music on their iPod?
Old 10-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' date='Oct 11 2005, 07:23 PM
[quote name='mikej' date='Oct 11 2005, 08:22 PM']I read somewhere that BMW was the first car to become iPod ready.? The reasoning behind this was that most people who drive BMW's own iPod's.? Not sure how popular iPod's are in other countries but I've read people in other countries getting the aux port installed, so I'm pretty sure iPod's are popular everywhere.?

Don't own one, don't care for one, don't understand why they are so popular. Don't get me wrong, I love music, but to the point of carrying it around with me and paying the price for one. Maybe there should a poll as to, "Who listens to ALL the music on their iPod?
[snapback]183012[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, that's my whole reason for having an iPod. I get sick of hearing the same songs over and over...but when my shuffle is for 2000 songs instead of 200 or whatever you can fit on a MP3 cd or smaller player (or 15 songs on a regular CD) I never have to worry about hearing the same stuff over and over.

I don't understand people who can listen to the same songs over and over. But to each their own...

Apple is expected to announce a new iPod tomorrow...so we'll see what it is.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Members

I love apple things...
I have a lot of things including iPod from apple..
That's why I like BMW..
I think that chariteristic of BMW is similar to apple...I also like Nintendo more than PlayStation....
Old 10-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by Scott' date='Oct 11 2005, 07:29 PM
[quote name='Bimmer32' date='Oct 11 2005, 07:23 PM'][quote name='mikej' date='Oct 11 2005, 08:22 PM']I read somewhere that BMW was the first car to become iPod ready.? The reasoning behind this was that most people who drive BMW's own iPod's.? Not sure how popular iPod's are in other countries but I've read people in other countries getting the aux port installed, so I'm pretty sure iPod's are popular everywhere.?

[/quote]

Actually, that's my whole reason for having an iPod. I get sick of hearing the same songs over and over...but when my shuffle is for 2000 songs instead of 200 or whatever you can fit on a MP3 cd or smaller player (or 15 songs on a regular CD) I never have to worry about hearing the same stuff over and over.

I don't understand people who can listen to the same songs over and over. But to each their own...

Apple is expected to announce a new iPod tomorrow...so we'll see what it is.
[snapback]183015[/snapback]
[/quote]

What ipod are they're releasing tomorow?Is there any news link to this rumor?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:18 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by m5lover' date='Oct 11 2005, 11:06 PM
What ipod are they're releasing tomorow?Is there any news link to this rumor?
[snapback]183067[/snapback]
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0510oct12d.html

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/...11203158.shtml
Old 10-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' date='Oct 11 2005, 09:23 PM
[quote name='mikej' date='Oct 11 2005, 08:22 PM']I read somewhere that BMW was the first car to become iPod ready.? The reasoning behind this was that most people who drive BMW's own iPod's.? Not sure how popular iPod's are in other countries but I've read people in other countries getting the aux port installed, so I'm pretty sure iPod's are popular everywhere.?

[/quote]

..first, its true, BMW was the first to sort of integrate the iPod into the E46 a few years ago...unfortunately, that is where they stopped and even as most have seen the iPod explode in popularity worldwide, BMW somehow forgot about it and has yet to integrate it within iDrive...now even VW has gone so far as offering USB support for MP3s and it seems that BMW is at the back of the bus offering only the AUX in which is not great for sound transmission...

...as for the question on why it is so popular...well if you really like music, why wouldnt you want to carry around your entire music collection in a handheld portable device? no longer do you need to keep cds all over the place and worry about scratching them up or changing in and out when you feel like hearing a different song from a different artist...as for the point on cost...well how much have you spent in the past on CD players both in house and walkmans? as with anything, there is a cost vs benefit, and in this case, the benefit surely outweighs the cost if you trully love music and have a significant collection.

...currently, i have a green mini 4G and it is full, over 800 songs, and i will listen to all of them over a few months time as i travel back and forth to work...i chose the mini as an in between, as i too am waiting for apple & bmw to announce an ipod Bluetooth where it will be integrated within iDrive and have 80-100Gs space, there has been a patent application as of last year but still no news on when it would appear...i do have a very extensive collection of music and could easily fill up 100Gs as i have thousands of songs that i wish to install and have with me in my car so that at any time i feel the need to hear some extraneous song from way back when, i just select it and sing along
Old 10-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by mikej' date='Oct 11 2005, 09:22 PM
I read somewhere that BMW was the first car to become iPod ready.? The reasoning behind this was that most people who drive BMW's own iPod's.? Not sure how popular iPod's are in other countries but I've read people in other countries getting the aux port installed, so I'm pretty sure iPod's are popular everywhere.?

No ipod here.

Difficult poll to find out ratio of Ipod to non ipod BMW owners, but u knew that right after u hit "Submit"
Old 10-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

No iPod
Old 10-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 530i 6-speed Titanium Silver/Black Interior Premium Package Sport Package Aux input 30 GB video iPod Cold Weather Package Xenon Red rear reflectors Tint Clear Bra

I have a company issued iPod but have yet to get the AUX input so I can listen to it in my car.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

I added a "No iPod" option.

Where's the option for multiple iPods?

My wife has a 1st generation 5GB, a 3rd generation 20GB, and a 1GB iPod shuffle; I have a black 4GB iPod nano, a 1GB iPod shuffle, and a 3rd generation 40GB. Not all of them are used, of course.

Quick Reply: BMW owners who own iPods