Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BMW M5 E39 vs. Audi RS4/6

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: –

Certainly isn't!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

:thumbsdown:
Old 03-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMWN' post='254259' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:48 PM
I recodnize that road where vid was shot if not mistaken its in Moscow around city highway, damn crazy Russians . Its nothing compare when guys start racing each other on 2 lane roads going against the traffic and puling into the lane right before the colapse.
Done in the past and looking back I'm ashamed, what a stupid kid I was.
Yes...i do too...
Coming back from the mountains, on some tight s turns i got provoked just a few days ago by a guy in a skoda octavia rs. At first i stayed there, but he was really on my nerves...and when i saw how stupid he was buy doing exact what you said...MAN i'm telling you on a descent on very tight mountain S roads where you don't see squat, going against the traffic and pulling right into the lane, in fact forcing the other traffic members to brake hard and let him pull in...i said to myself...wtf m i doing? Grow the #$%k up...especially after my terrible accident. I backed away immediatly and let him go...i'm tellling you he was like a ticking bomb. Annoyed me a bit at then end when he went his way, although, when he flashed his hazard lights (telling me that he won) but didn't care that much...i knew i could have had him...just wasn't about to take the enourmous risks. I took them once and i allmost ended up in a coffin. Be carefull out there and play safe.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='254593' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:38 AM
Yes...i do too...
Coming back from the mountains, on some tight s turns i got provoked just a few days ago by a guy in a skoda octavia rs. At first i stayed there, but he was really on my nerves...and when i saw how stupid he was buy doing exact what you said...MAN i'm telling you on a descent on very tight mountain S roads where you don't see squat, going against the traffic and pulling right into the lane, in fact forcing the other traffic members to brake hard and let him pull in...i said to myself...wtf m i doing? Grow the #$%k up...especially after my terrible accident. I backed away immediatly and let him go...i'm tellling you he was like a ticking bomb. Annoyed me a bit at then end when he went his way, although, when he flashed his hazard lights (telling me that he won) but didn't care that much...i knew i could have had him...just wasn't about to take the enourmous risks. I took them once and i allmost ended up in a coffin. Be carefull out there and play safe.
Depends what you mean by 'won' - racing in traffic on the road is a mugs game - I used to play around a bit when I was younger and frankly it's more about how f*ckin mental you are than the quality of your driving. Being pulled by the police a few times calmed me down and as you get older (it's true) you do get wiser.

I raced a friend of mine once who forced his way down the centre of a 2 lane road at about 100mph (in effect making his own lane) forcing oncoming vehicles to break hard or swerve. I had the faster car, but more I also had more common sense - so he won. Same guy once blasted straight past a 'red' light at a crossroads at 140mph on a 30mph road.

I know he won't do the same again now cause he has developed enough self belief to know that driving like a prick is not a good way to 'prove' he is a man.

Truth is no-one win's unless you race properly on a track.

Having said all that, I like to drive hard when I can and it's safe to do so, I just recognise that the road is NOT an acceptable place to compete with others.

(oh and to prove a point the guy who ran the red light was in his dad's 3500 litre rover v8, which he later wrote off after rear-ending an unmarked police car - 6 points for dangerous driving and a very angry dad - LOL)
Old 03-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='254596' date='Mar 14 2006, 02:49 PM
Depends what you mean by 'won' - racing in traffic on the road is a mugs game - I used to play around a bit when I was younger and frankly it's more about how f*ckin mental you are than the quality of your driving. Being pulled by the police a few times calmed me down and as you get older (it's true) you do get wiser.

I raced a friend of mine once who forced his way down the centre of a 2 lane road at about 100mph (in effect making his own lane) forcing oncoming vehicles to break hard or swerve. I had the faster car, but more I also had more common sense - so he won. Same guy once blasted straight past a 'red' light at a crossroads at 140mph on a 30mph road.

I know he won't do the same again now cause he has developed enough self belief to know that driving like a prick is not a good way to 'prove' he is a man.

Truth is no-one win's unless you race properly on a track.

Having said all that, I like to drive hard when I can and it's safe to do so, I just recognise that the road is NOT an acceptable place to compete with others.

(oh and to prove a point the guy who ran the red light was in his dad's 3500 litre rover v8, which he later wrote off after rear-ending an unmarked police car - 6 points for dangerous driving and a very angry dad - LOL)
Agree with you man...all the way.
You are so right...it just depends on how insane you are.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:08 AM
Contributors

Crazy driving....that mtm audi put buslengths on the m5 though.

Here's the original link if anybody's interested http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthrea...hlight=mtm+audi
Old 03-19-2006, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='257161' date='Mar 19 2006, 05:08 PM
Crazy driving....that mtm audi put buslengths on the m5 though.

Here's the original link if anybody's interested http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthrea...hlight=mtm+audi
A stock RS4 would pull away from an m5 let alone an mtm monster of 500-600bhp. As the member from m5board said that mtm is in the sl65 amg territory.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

this the old RS4 and M3

not M5 and RS6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='257208' date='Mar 19 2006, 09:09 PM
this the old RS4 and M3

not M5 and RS6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEES the old rs4 avant v6 biturbo 2.7 liter 420 bhp and a bmw e39 m5.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

if bettermakeway was there hed beat them both... i mean hes already conquered the mighty e39 m5, i dont think hell have any trouble with the rs4

Quick Reply: BMW M5 E39 vs. Audi RS4/6