Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BMW Fahrer Training: BMW M Perfection Training

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I did finished the BMW M Perfection Training in Zandvoort, near Amsterdam, The Nederlands on the new Circuit Park Zandvoort.

It was a dream come true. The training cars were Z4M Coupe. We did very fast laps on the track on both days, we did many exercises, and we had ideal line "track trainer" BMW 330i cars.

It was a dream!

Track trainer cars, were from SF movies. One 330i Steptronic, which can drive alone on the track and four 330i manual with track feedback.

Have you ever been in a car that drives alone on a circuit? Claudia H?rtgen recorded a fast lap on the circuit with a differential GPS device they installed on the car (and the radio differential transmiter in the pits), wich had an error less than 5 cm. And after that we used the car, prepared to accelerate, break, and turn the steering wheel, based on the respective recording. It was a dream.

After we saw it is possible, and get the feeling from Claudia's lap turning points and generally whole ideal line she chosen, we used feedback track trainer cars, with a memory card in the GPS device. We had audio, visual, and vibrating feedback for position on the ideal line chosen by Claudia. Then back in the pits, we analyzed our laps, ideal line, breaking points, and so forth. Unbelieavable.

Then we did more than 50 flying laps on the track with the Z4M Coupe.

I recommend to anyone to take this course, and learn what they teach you there. Well worth every eurocent.