Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BMW dealer in Colorado Springs, CO

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

I think I may be moving to Colorado Springs. This post will probably be moved but everyone will see it. Sorry Lomag.

What are:

The nicest areas to live.

Best Schools

Best BMW dealership

Closest ski area. How far.

Drive time to Denver.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Contributors

Okay Brother,

Lets do some totaling here. How many E60 owners on this site are from Colorado Springs. Just one, me. How many E60 owners are there in Colorado Springs? I have seen 4. The dealer here, Winslow BMW, has only 1 for sale. That means it will be you, me, another guy in my building, and some old lady I always see with a white 530.

Now the Springs facts:

Nicest area to live: Greenbrair. Northern end of the city. Trendy. Or look for areas on near Marcshuffel (sp). Another good area is called Black Forest. Huge lots, but pricey. Has trees, the only one in the Springs.

Best schools: The Greenbriar area. District #20. Named #4 school district in the country about a month ago! A stones throw from the Air Force Academy.

Best BMW delalership: There is only one, Winslow. How is there service? Well, I drive 1 hour to Denver for service!!! They are aweful as far as service is concerned. Dude, the MECHANICS didn't know the E60 had a CPU! They didn't know cup holder info. Didn't know software, bluetooth info, nothing! They are horrible! I have a friend with a 330 who refuses their service and another with a E39 M5 who does also. Denver has the best service. I have been to three in Denver, The BEST is BMW of Denver. EXCELLENT service. The second is Gephardt in Boulder, CO, about 90 min and near SUN headquarters (the company that makes the E60 CIP software).

OK.

Closest ski area. Brickenridge, Keystone, and A Basin, 2 hrs. Vail is 2.5 hrs. Aspen (Haven't been yet) is 3 hours. Keystone is better for every weekend going. Vail is good for a once in a while trip. Denver pass is $300 for the year, ALL resorts.

Drive time to Denver. Speed limit here is 75. You can get away with 85, and people normally stay around 90. I stay around 110. Denver just passed a no hogging the right lane law (and they will give a ticket quick for it) Tickets are steep, but roads are straight, ie you can see people braking for a cop a mile away. Answer: a good 50 min.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info! I am a military guy who has sponsored co-workers who've move here with their families, so I am used to this.

Good luck!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Is there a BMW of Denver?? I just thought there is Murray Motors, and Ralph Schomp in the Denver area?

And I think that you mean no hoggin the left lane correct? How has that been going?

It is about 70 miles from center to center, so you can get an idea of the time from the speeds Ruf930 does. Works out to less than an hour at the speed limit. Of course, I am like Ruf930, so a little quicker.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Contributors

Actually, you're right. BMW of Denver is actually Murray BMW (In the yellow pages the go by both). Never tried Schomps yet.

And yes, it's the no left lane hogging. I have seen police just roll in and pull guys over a few times for not changing lanes.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ruf930' date='May 24 2005, 09:10 PM
And yes, it's the no left lane hogging.? I have seen police just roll in and pull guys over a few times for not changing lanes.
[snapback]132921[/snapback]
Great, I am ready to get back(4 days and counting). They need that law in CA also. I seem to be passing more on the right than the left.

Have not had too much service done yet at Schomp's, so we will see.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Thanks Ruf930 and the rest. I knew I could count on the forum. I will be asking marital advice next.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

<_<
Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='May 24 2005, 11:58 PM
Is there a BMW of Denver?? I just thought there is Murray Motors, and Ralph Schomp in the Denver area?

And I think that you mean no hoggin the left lane correct?? How has that been going?

It is about 70 miles from center to center, so you can get an idea of the time from the speeds Ruf930 does.? Works out to less than an hour at the speed limit.? Of course, I am like Ruf930, so a little quicker.
[snapback]132917[/snapback]
murray is good on the mercedes side, but I had murray the bmw side crack my windshield and not take any responsibilty for it they said either their lift or the car wash caused it but sorry I am out of luck on trying to get compensation. Ralph Schomp is also good but they are a little more pricey when it comes to labor.
<_<

p.s. but yes Denver has the better service over the springs.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='May 24 2005, 09:27 PM
[quote name='Ruf930' date='May 24 2005, 09:10 PM']And yes, it's the no left lane hogging.? I have seen police just roll in and pull guys over a few times for not changing lanes.
[snapback]132921[/snapback]
Great, I am ready to get back(4 days and counting). They need that law in CA also. I seem to be passing more on the right than the left.

Have not had too much service done yet at Schomp's, so we will see.
[snapback]132923[/snapback]
[/quote]

The law already exists in California...unfortunately it doesn't seem to be enforced.