Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

best cop ever!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

So i was hungry at 1 am and decided to head downtown for late night supper....on the way back, i took RT2 as usual as there is usually no one and no cops. I floored the pedal and did not realize that a car coming in from the arlington exit to my left was a state police car....marked. I was the only car except him and I kept flooring till i reached 155mph. The cop car was pretty far behind but I saw that he was driving really fast too trying to catch me. His light was NOT on. As I approached I-95 exit i slowed to about 70 and he caught up with me and then flashed his light. At this time i was scared shitless because at 2am I knew for sure I am going to jail and I'll have to bother someone to bail me out as I only have 20 bucks cash in my pocket. So I rolled all my windows down, hoping the cop will not see my tint and make comments and sat there shivering with the chilly New England wind blowing at my face and face white as sheet.

Cop came over and asked for my license and registration. I gave them and told him in my most pitiful voice that I am just a student and am not trying to harm anyone with the highway being empty and that I have alot of points in my driving record and asked him to go REALLY easy on me. Upon looking at my license, cop then proceed to ask which school I attend and I quietly gave him my school ID card. He looked at both cards and my registration and handed them back to me to my surprise. He leaned in and said," Young man you should be in jail by now but I am gonna be REALLY nice and let you off.
I understand that the car is powerful and excites you but you have to learn to be a mature and sensible driver. I will be patroling this highway often and if I catch you speeding again you will have to face the consequences. Have a good night" With that, he left.

Well I am one lucky guy tonight but I know that just a few minutes' thrill of speeding is not worth the trouble. Will keep that in mind next time I go fast.
see....finally I met a cop who's not an a**hole...
Old 10-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Dude!!
Ur so lucky man!!
or not ur behind bars as we speak!
If u find a dick cop, just bribe him like indo style bro!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

hahaha! figured out both of you, Indo kids with flashy cars in the US!
Enjoy! these will be the best days in your life.... Merdeka!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

You are one lucky guy, all cops that pull me over are a**holes!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by zag' date='Oct 18 2005, 02:59 AM
hahaha! figured out both of you, Indo kids with flashy cars in the US!
[snapback]185576[/snapback]
Yeah 2 more years of fun left. Once I work either in Singapore or Indo, cars will either be too expensive in Sg or too many potholes in Indo....

That experience was still unbelievable but not likely to repeat that anytime soon...
Old 10-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by Jeffs' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:03 AM
[quote name='zag' date='Oct 18 2005, 02:59 AM']hahaha! figured out both of you, Indo kids with flashy cars in the US!
[snapback]185576[/snapback]
Yeah 2 more years of fun left. Once I work either in Singapore or Indo, cars will either be too expensive in Sg or too many potholes in Indo....

That experience was still unbelievable but not likely to repeat that anytime soon...
[snapback]185578[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've got 4 more!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Senior Members

Hey man, lucky escape!

One time in my M3 I was working late (or early, like 1am on an emergency callout) in Guildford, Surrey.

Anyhow I finish the job and want to get back home - 130 mile trip, and I reckon I can aim to do this in as close to an hour as possible

Anyone who knows the roads of South East of England will know how good the sliproads to the M4 can be - in this case the A329 onto the M4 at J10 is a long sweeping left-hander - so I take it at ~120 and floor it, going up past 150 in fifth, hit sixth and keep going.

I failed to see the marked Volvo T5 coming up the outside lane - he follows me at around 155 for a minute or so before flashing and pulling me over.

At this point I'm thinking "jail sentence, career over" - absolutely sh***ing bricks.

Both cops get out of the car and approach - I get out also and immediately apologise, and say what an idiot I am. The cops gave me a ticking off "this is a powerful car but you can't respond quick enough if something goes wrong at this speed" etc.

They sit me in the car and I'm expecting my rights to be read, when the lead cop says "That's a beautiful car, and it deserves to be driven hard - BUT not on this patch - DO NOT do it again, because if you're caught, you'll be in jail, and you don't want that" - turns out both cops are M3 freaks, one has an M3 e30 EVO and the other an e36 - we chat about cars a while, turns out we're all members of BMW Car Club GB - I thanked them, and they let me go.

Now I cruise at 80mph - my lesson is learned and I appreciate my good fortune.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by shiny' date='Oct 18 2005, 03:28 AM
Hey man, lucky escape!

One time in my M3 I was working late (or early, like 1am on an emergency callout) in Guildford, Surrey.

Anyhow I finish the job and want to get back home - 130 mile trip, and I reckon I can aim to do this in as close to an hour as possible?

Anyone who knows the roads of South East of England will know how good the sliproads to the M4 can be - in this case the A329 onto the M4 at J10 is a long sweeping left-hander - so I take it at ~120 and floor it, going up past 150 in fifth, hit sixth and keep going.

I failed to see the marked Volvo T5 coming up the outside lane - he follows me at around 155 for a minute or so before flashing and pulling me over.

At this point I'm thinking "jail sentence, career over" - absolutely sh***ing bricks.

Both cops get out of the car and approach - I get out also and immediately apologise, and say what an idiot I am. The cops gave me a ticking off "this is a powerful car but you can't respond quick enough if something goes wrong at this speed" etc.

They sit me in the car and I'm expecting my rights to be read, when the lead cop says "That's a beautiful car, and it deserves to be driven hard - BUT not on this patch - DO NOT? do it again, because if you're caught, you'll be in jail, and you don't want that"? - turns out both cops are M3 freaks, one has an M3 e30 EVO and the other an e36 - we chat about cars a while, turns out we're all members of BMW Car Club GB - I thanked them, and they let me go.

Now I cruise at 80mph - my lesson is learned and I appreciate my good fortune.
[snapback]185600[/snapback]
Nice story! Hey too bad u have such awfull laws like jail sentence. Here the worst thing that can happen is to have the licence suspended for 3 months and a 300$ ticket ...maximum for speeding.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Over here if you're caught speeding above 40Km beyond the speed limit, get ready to hang up your license for at least a year plus fine plus maybe a jail sentence. Mind you, the speed limit here is max 90Km/h along the "Expressways"
Old 10-18-2005, 05:05 AM
Contributors

So let's see if I've got this right. You're doing 155mph on Rt. 2 in Arlington and the COP is the a**hole?

Quick Reply: best cop ever!