Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Been cruising the Lounge area

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by hyethug015' post='840530' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:16 PM
Ive been "loungin" in the Lounge area alot more then I used too lately and the more I do the more I realize how different people can be due to their culture.
You just may have learned something...
Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Hahahahahhaah!!!! I don't get it... Don't worry man, just nod and smile and you will get through almost anything in this forum...
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='840539' date='Apr 8 2009, 12:22 PM
U Tiger now!
Here you go Hye...

A lot of what goes on here is behind the scenes inside jokes from PM's, Facebook and Instant Messaging. Like Puck said, you may or may not ever get it. Stay tuned.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='840539' date='Apr 8 2009, 01:22 PM
Some of those jokes are of the inside variety, keep reading and posting and soon enough you too will be laughing along with the rest of us!!! Jimmy would!! BTW, it has little to do with culture here, many here are "uncultured" if you know what I mean! U Tiger now!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='841383' date='Apr 8 2009, 11:13 PM
Here you go Hye... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It0ozA0dXQY

A lot of what goes on here is behind the scenes inside jokes from PM's, Facebook and Instant Messaging. Like Puck said, you may or may not ever get it. Stay tuned.

ya as for the behind the scenes, i have a few of the guys from here, the ones im closer with on my AIM and also facebook. i guess i would just have to give it time and try to socialize with you guys other then the forums.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i MSport, Silver Grey, Step, 19" 172 Wheels, Media Pkg inc MP3, Heated Front Seats, Black Leather Seats, Aux Port, Space Saver Wheel, M Rear Spoiler, Ext Voice System

Try this - might explain it better

Old 04-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

I don't get it!!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Most of this sh*t isn't funny anyway. Believe me, I'm responsible for a fairly large percentage! It's not you, it's me!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='841775' date='Apr 9 2009, 10:01 AM
Most of this sh*t isn't funny anyway. Believe me, I'm responsible for a fairly large percentage! It's not you, it's me!
ya i noticed your the trouble maker
Old 04-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hyethug015' post='841545' date='Apr 9 2009, 02:16 AM

ya as for the behind the scenes, i have a few of the guys from here, the ones im closer with on my AIM and also facebook. i guess i would just have to give it time and try to socialize with you guys other then the forums.

BMW members just do not joke (except perhaps for the members who have known each other for some time).

Take a look at the Cadillac and Corvette forums. Huge difference in style, attitude, etc. Seriously.

I have also found that BMW buyers are obsessive compulsive when buying their cars--even from private individuals.

These comments are not derogatory. Just something that I have noticed over the years.

I will admit that a lot of people here are extremely helpful, esp with DYI stuff.

Again, I plan to continue here--unless someone tears me a new @ssh....

Here is an example of a thread that I found on the Caddy forum:

I just recently realized the CTS has been using gas like crazy. The salesman told me it was an electric car. I think it is ridiculous for a luxury car to require me to pay for gasoline
on a regular basis. If Cadillac doesn't reimburse me for my fuel costs then I will be forced to seek justice through the lemon law.

Think you have it bad, I realized the valve stems are never in the same position on all 4 wheels after I drive it...some at the top, some on the bottom...
I demand new wheels, this must be resolved!

Think you have it bad, I realized the valve stems are never in the same position on all 4 wheels after I drive it...some at the top, some on the bottom...

I demand new wheels, this must be resolved!
My valve stems will point in the same position on all 4 wheels after I go for a drive, but the Cadillac emblems on the wheels won't.

My vehicle is 7,500 miles out of warranty, and my service department replaced a front running light
(partial fascia removal) for nothing while it was in for an oil change.
That's BS!!! I need a new service department. F___ Cadillac.

Send a private message to GM, Jim

...I need a new service department. ...
don't get me started. had my CTS4 with DI in for service and the loaner was an 09 CTS - base model!!! no respect I tell ya.

One year later and people on the street STILL stop, point and exclaim "Great effing car!!!" What was Cadillac thinking?

My vehicle is 7,500 miles out of warranty, and my service department replaced a front running light
(partial fascia removal) for nothing while it was in for an oil change.
That's BS!!! I need a new service department. F___ Cadillac.
That's nothing. My dealership replaced my whole leaky windshield for free on my Seville which has been out of warranty since 2004. I've since filled a suit against the dealer. GM dealers are supposed to be scum, and that's what I expect!

My '09 CTS had a blemish under the driver side exaust pipe, at least as it looked to me, after I got it home from the drive from the dealer....and yes, as you might well imagine, the valve stems were out of line also!! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! GM should provide me with at least an Escalade while this obvious screw-up on their part is being attended to. If GM fails to take care of this to my comlete satisfaction, I will continue to post this helpful-type info on this board, and others as well.

I thought I saw a problem with the wheels. now that you point it out it is so obvious.
this forum needs another poll - are your valve stems out of alignment? I bet this is more widespread than those smudges I've seen on the nav screen. another gm engineering blunder.

It's about time you pussies vent your frustrations with this POS automobile.

The valve stems are nothing!! My mirror decides to dim when I'm being followed at night. Now I don't realize there's someone right on my ass!

MY DISPLAY AUTOMATICALLY DIMS AT NIGHT!! WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT???

How can GM expect me to drive in a safe and prudent manner at night without being blinded my the glare of the instrumant panel and nav screen!!

You folks are just complaining about the mechanical and electrical stuff.
How about the psychogical warfare?????
That darn DIC keeps NAGGING me about stuff - trunk open - passenger door open - its cold outside, watch for ice - tire pressure low - and on and ON.
The day it reminds me that my fly is open, I'm pulling it's plug.

Been married over 50 years - thought I could take it!

Quick Reply: Been cruising the Lounge area