Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Barney Frank is "the man"!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/18/fra...tion=cnn_latest

"Arguing with you is like arguing with a dining table!!"

I love it!! Comparing national healthcare to Nazi policies is the single stupidest argument ever. Considering every ally we had in WW2 HAS national healthcare, the comparison is the stupidest thing ever said, and finally on Representative had the cajones to call someone on it. Kudos Mr. Frank
Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Frank was a key player in the housing collapse with Fanny and Freddy, leading to much of the problems we have today with the housing market. Frank's boyfriend was running a prostitution business out of Frank's home. Doesn't seem like Barney has the best mental or moral clarity.

Didn't see this on CNN.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Barney Frank, in his behavior and record as a politician, is an embarrassment to the United States.

And that opinion has nothing to do with who he does!

sixcard
Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Members

Here is how dishonest and inept your role model is. Here is a New York Times story from September 2003, clearly showing that the first substantive Fannie and Freddie reform from inside government came from the Bush administration. Spurred by worries that Fannie and Freddie were cooking their books and taking too many risks, Treasury Secretary John Snow proposed placing the companies under Treasury oversight with strict controls over risk and capital reserves. The NYT labeled the proposal "the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago".

Yet Franks, who vociferously criticizes the Bush administration for not doing enough to derail the current economic crisis, said this in Sept. 2003 when Bush was trying to warn America:

"These two entities?Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

What a joke.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Contributors

Oh boy.....here we go again.....

Where's my popcorn????

Barney Frank is "the man"!!!!-to_popcorn.jpg
Old 08-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theonlychoman' post='983409' date='Aug 20 2009, 09:36 AM
Oh boy.....here we go again.....

Where's my popcorn????

Attachment 87672

Nah, no popcorn needed. This wasn't about his "moral fortitude" or anything else he has done in his political career. Rather it is about someone having the cojones to finally stand up and tell one of these planted protesters that they are lying - to their face. It's just beautiful.

Comparing Obama to Hitler is simply moronic, but it's the best they could come up with. Anyone else see the Daily Show last night? Another thing of beauty, putting Fox News in their place.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='983413' date='Aug 20 2009, 12:41 PM
Nah, no popcorn needed. This wasn't about his "moral fortitude" or anything else he has done in his political career. Rather it is about someone having the cojones to finally stand up and tell one of these planted protesters that they are lying - to their face. It's just beautiful.

Comparing Obama to Hitler is simply moronic, but it's the best they could come up with. Anyone else see the Daily Show last night? Another thing of beauty, putting Fox News in their place.
..... we'll see how the next 4 years turn out...
Old 08-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='983432' date='Aug 20 2009, 09:51 AM
..... we'll see how the next 4 years turn out...

Agreed, I am not naive enough to think ANY politician is "the savior". They are all politicos and corrupt to some degree or other, regardless of party or ideology. Is he trying to do some good things? Yes, is it for ideological or altruistic reasons? Doubtful. True altruism doesn't exist, especially in politics.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='983443' date='Aug 20 2009, 12:58 PM
Agreed, I am not naive enough to think ANY politician is "the savior". They are all politicos and corrupt to some degree or other, regardless of party or ideology. Is he trying to do some good things? Yes, is it for ideological or altruistic reasons? Doubtful. True altruism doesn't exist, especially in politics.
I honestly don't have any faith in Obama at all.

I just hope people realize that a liberal extremist can't run a country.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

He is doing it for personal political power. As are many of them. IMO they don't care a hoot about my health or your health or any health but maybe their own.

sixcard

Quick Reply: Barney Frank is "the man"!!!!