Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Anyone in NY been to...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1018363' date='Sep 27 2009, 10:53 AM
It was RIDICULOUS! That man is so creative, it's insane! It's all about his Molecular Cooking Techniques. The manager clearly knew we were big foodies, so after dinner, we got a private tour of the kitchen. It was very cool. Wylie was not there though. His Foie Gras dish from the tasting menu could have been the best Fois Gras ever! Even the couple next to us said the exact same thing. Better than Daniel, better than Gary Danko, better than Masa's, better than Fleur De Lys...it was retarded!

We ended up doing the full Tasting Menu. We normally do the Wine Pairing to accompany a tasting menu, but they were having a special for Tasting Menu orders only, where all bottles were 50% off. The sommelier told us we had to take advantage of this, instead of the wine pairing, so we did. We ended up doing a couple of nice bottles that worked out to the same cost as the wine pairing, because of the discount. However, I will say this...his wine list prices are a bit over the top. Great wines, but definitely very steep for a wine list.

If you have the chance to go, do it. You'll love it. The only downside is, it's not cheap. With a few cocktails before dinner, the bill came to around $600 for the two of us. Not cheap, but well, well worth it. I can tell you that you have not tried anything like this before. The things he does with the food is amazing. So creative!

I highly recommend it.
damn C sound yumm! what did u guys have for entree's?
Old 09-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1018363' date='Sep 27 2009, 07:53 PM
It was RIDICULOUS! That man is so creative, it's insane! It's all about his Molecular Cooking Techniques.
Sounds a bit like Heston Blumenthal's approach too. If you're in the UK, it's worth seeking his restaurant out (although it's also a 3 month waiting list I've heard).

His "Fat Duck" restaurant was voted best in the world 2005. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heston_Blumenthal
Old 09-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1018363' date='Sep 27 2009, 01:53 PM
It was RIDICULOUS! That man is so creative, it's insane! It's all about his Molecular Cooking Techniques. The manager clearly knew we were big foodies, so after dinner, we got a private tour of the kitchen. It was very cool. Wylie was not there though. His Foie Gras dish from the tasting menu could have been the best Fois Gras ever! Even the couple next to us said the exact same thing. Better than Daniel, better than Gary Danko, better than Masa's, better than Fleur De Lys...it was retarded!

We ended up doing the full Tasting Menu. We normally do the Wine Pairing to accompany a tasting menu, but they were having a special for Tasting Menu orders only, where all bottles were 50% off. The sommelier told us we had to take advantage of this, instead of the wine pairing, so we did. We ended up doing a couple of nice bottles that worked out to the same cost as the wine pairing, because of the discount. However, I will say this...his wine list prices are a bit over the top. Great wines, but definitely very steep for a wine list.

If you have the chance to go, do it. You'll love it. The only downside is, it's not cheap. With a few cocktails before dinner, the bill came to around $600 for the two of us. Not cheap, but well, well worth it. I can tell you that you have not tried anything like this before. The things he does with the food is amazing. So creative!

I highly recommend it.
Calton,

You've sold me on it. I'm going. I know just who I want to take there. Can two people get out of there for $500 if you don't go too heavy on the alcohol?
Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Been thinking about Daniel.. just havent made the call..lol..