Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Anyone know how to make a website?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured theres a lot of people here who are very capable with computers. I currently have a restaurant with a website thats pretty crappy. I always wanted to redo it but with the Holidays was way too busy. The only catch is I need to be able to update the menu regularly with menu changes and pictures etc. Anyone know anyone?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

try www.elance.com
Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NY530i
Figured theres a lot of people here who are very capable with computers. I currently have a restaurant with a website thats pretty crappy. I always wanted to redo it but with the Holidays was way too busy. The only catch is I need to be able to update the menu regularly with menu changes and pictures etc. Anyone know anyone?
Most hosting sites have "free" basic website-builder tools ... if you're wanting something simple that you as a business owner can manage that'd be a place to start. Where is your business website hosted ?? godaddy , 1and1, or one like that? Do you already have a fan page on Facebook?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Currently using godaddy. We have a fan page on fb and everything. Just looking to make it a little more sophisticated. Maybe throw some flash in there. I'll definitly check out those websites!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NY530i
Currently using godaddy. We have a fan page on fb and everything. Just looking to make it a little more sophisticated. Maybe throw some flash in there. I'll definitly check out those websites!
I have just started a web development company. I would be more than happy to speak with you about a website.

We primarily build our sites using the Joomla 1.7 CMS, we can do any number of features. We do not use flash anymore. Flash is being phased out and is not compatible with iDevices. within two years, the majority of web surfing will be done with mobile devices. Flash's Hayday is over. We can however do some stuff with JQuery that looks like flash. Matter of fact. it will load better, and work on all devices. We will be working with HTML5 shortly, but are currently not comfortable pushing projects that incorporate that technology.

Adobe announced it will phase out its Flash Player

Joomla is fairly intuitive, wins tons of awards (dont listen to the wordpress people) and we would set it up so you, the user, could make changes when needed. I of course would provide you with PDF instructions, and when we build websites, it comes with training. We could do it via video teleconference, but it would probably be unnecessary.

Joomla! Named Top Open Source Content Management System

We are just turning our freelancing in to a business- I am currently building our site- which is not up yet. But feel free to check us out on facebook- shoot me a PM if you'd like more info. I can provide you with some links to projects from our portfolio. We haven't done a restaurant, but we have done two wine cellars.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vector...52854048149509