5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Lounge (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/)
-   -   Anyone have lasik done? (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/anyone-have-lasik-done-118059/)

tex_phil 10-16-2011 08:17 PM

Starting to really get tired of wearing glasses and switching between normal ones and prescription sunglasses. Has anyone had it done? What was your experience? I'm guessing it will be around $3k or so?

acuteperformance 10-16-2011 08:20 PM

I did it I went from -8.75 to better than 20/20; however, since I sit in front of the computer everyday my eyes are now -0.75. I only wear glasses if I want to see super clear or if I'm driving at night.

I don't regret doing it at all totally worth the money. $3000 seems cheap though, is that just for basic lasik? If I could do it again I would've paid the extra $2k and done the wave something or other procedure.

When the surgery was done (10 min), and I opened my eyes, I could immediately see clearer. I went in Sat morning went back to work Monday.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

CWS530 10-16-2011 11:23 PM

I had wavefront done in April of this year. No problems at all. A little stinging for a couple of hours after it was over, but I could see better than 20/20 immediately. By far the best money I've ever spent. I still can't believe it sometimes.

pinguhk 10-16-2011 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by tex_phil (Post 1391331)
Starting to really get tired of wearing glasses and switching between normal ones and prescription sunglasses. Has anyone had it done? What was your experience? I'm guessing it will be around $3k or so?

its funny you say tired of wearing glasses.
in HK it is a trend to wear glasses.
even many ppl who don't need to wears them still has them to look cool.

many of my friends have done it 3 years ago and it is very stable.
1 thing if your eye are very bad then over time after the lasik it may come back a bit but not much.

other thing you can do is get the changing colour lens, that is what I have for all my glasses so I dont have to change them each time I drive my car or play tennis when the sun is hitting me hard.

acuteperformance 10-17-2011 10:17 AM

WAVEFRONT! That's what it's called, that's the one you want. Cost about $5k here in SoCal

melimel 10-17-2011 10:33 AM

i did it right around jan 2002, so its been a while. Im 20/20 if not better, I was 20/10 at one point but i havent been for a check up in a while, lol.. DO IT@ I HATED WEARING CONTACTS AND MY EYEBALLS DRYING OUT 24/7! i could see perfect immediately, except like calvin said.. i had the stinging, small percentage gets that.. it goes away.. its pretty cool, i encourage it 1000%

tex_phil 10-17-2011 12:06 PM

Sweet I'll have to go for a exam. The 3k I was just guessing, I don't know how much it will be I'm guessing between 3-5k. I dont want to go the cheap route at all I wanna get the best one.

BetterMakeWay 10-20-2011 02:44 AM

what is exactly wavefront? i googled it and from the wiki i've seen it's aobut Higher-order aberrations or i'm getting things mixed? Is it a new technology like femto lasik or it's a special procedure for specific individuals (eg with specific disorders)