Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Anyone done this tour?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:32 PM
ipp
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

I'm in NYC 28th March - 16th April. I've booked this Sopranos tour, but I can still call it off. I might be really stupid to book this kind of tourist trap..

Activity Description
Get a 'shakedown' on a trip through Sopranoland!

This four hour, guided, narrated bus tour takes you through New Jersey's Sopranoland, leaving from the Garment District in Manhattan.

You'll learn Sopranos trivia, origins of the show, and production information along the way... not to 'fuhgid aboud' mafia speak and a stop for cannolis!

The tour features over 40 real-life locations from the show, including:
  • Take a peek inside Bada Bing's
  • Go to Satriale's, Tony's pork store hangout
  • Sit on the steps of the diner where Chris was shot
  • Visit the spot where Big Pussy spoke with the FBI
  • Go on location to the high school where A.J. dumped pizza boxes into the pool
  • See Pizzaland, the Muffler Man, and other sites from the opening credits
  • Enjoy a cannoli while listening to behind-the-scenes info
Meeting Location:
Midtown Manhattan: 39th St and 7th Ave (New York, NY)
(Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)

Link to the website
Old 02-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Interesting indeed. You might be dissapointed and get the wrong impression. NJ is a dirty dingy state. AKA The Fifth Ring of Hell.

My garbage man was personally invited to John Gotti's funeral. The Mob still works here from what I can tell. But this tour may not give you the true view of it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Just go to the Meat Packing District in NYC and hang out at a few of the bars around there. The cast of the Soprano's hangs out at these bars all the time.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ipp' post='396867' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm in NYC 28th March - 16th April. I've booked this Sopranos tour, but I can still call it off. I might be really stupid to book this kind of tourist trap..
Activity Description
Get a 'shakedown' on a trip through Sopranoland!

This four hour, guided, narrated bus tour takes you through New Jersey's Sopranoland, leaving from the Garment District in Manhattan.

You'll learn Sopranos trivia, origins of the show, and production information along the way... not to 'fuhgid aboud' mafia speak and a stop for cannolis!

The tour features over 40 real-life locations from the show, including:
  • Take a peek inside Bada Bing's
  • Go to Satriale's, Tony's pork store hangout
  • Sit on the steps of the diner where Chris was shot
  • Visit the spot where Big Pussy spoke with the FBI
  • Go on location to the high school where A.J. dumped pizza boxes into the pool
  • See Pizzaland, the Muffler Man, and other sites from the opening credits
  • Enjoy a cannoli while listening to behind-the-scenes info
Meeting Location:
Midtown Manhattan: 39th St and 7th Ave (New York, NY)
(Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)

Link to the website
hmmmm...you know though, the Sopranos are actually filmed for the most part in a studio in Queens!!! one of my best friends is the bestboy grip...they are finishing up the last episode over the next couple of weeks, and then there will be all the parties!! funny thing is you may be in town for those parties!! and as noted earlier, the crew does often hang on the west side, im lucky enough to be invited to a few in the past, and my friend goes to all of them...

if i were coming into NYC, would i take a tour, NO, since there are too many things to do in NYC....instead of bada bing, I can give you a few 'better' options ....but thats me, im sure you'll have fun though
Old 03-03-2007, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='396913' date='Feb 28 2007, 07:26 PM
Interesting indeed. You might be dissapointed and get the wrong impression. NJ is a dirty dingy state. AKA The Fifth Ring of Hell.

My garbage man was personally invited to John Gotti's funeral. The Mob still works here from what I can tell. But this tour may not give you the true view of it.

North Jersey is dirty and dingy...The tour sounds like a waste of time...
Old 03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by m630' post='397098' date='Mar 1 2007, 03:14 PM
I can give you a few 'better' options
That would be great! I've been to NYC a couple of times before, and I've been to the most common sights.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ipp' post='398852' date='Mar 5 2007, 07:31 PM
That would be great! I've been to NYC a couple of times before, and I've been to the most common sights.

Thanks!
sorry, just saw this...PM me with as 2 what are looking to do, or where you'll be staying and i can make a few recommedations....