Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Anyone from Chicago who can help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 04:21 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I bought a Dell laptop and got some car cameras delivered to my sister in New York who was going to come into London this week. Biggest problem now is that she is not coming any more and I need those items badly. My other sister who works in an airline is coming to Chicago from the 12th evening to the 14th afternoon.

I'm asking for a big favour off someone who stays in Chicago.

If you are in town those days can I ask my sister in NY to send this stuff over to you before hand and will you be able to meet my sister visiting Chicago on the 13th to hand this package over to her.

Please PM me if you can help. With you address and telephone number. My sister is going to be staying at some Holiday Inn but she doesn't know which one as yet.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

I think members from Chicago would like to know your sister's age J/K
Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Bruce

I'm in New York so I cannot assist directly but once your sister knows which hotel she is staying at in Chicago, your New York-based sister could send the package (insured) to that hotel to be held for her arrival.

I would call the hotel first for specific instructions first however.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='541526' date='Mar 8 2008, 04:24 PM
Bruce

I'm in New York so I cannot assist directly but once your sister knows which hotel she is staying at in Chicago, your New York-based sister could send the package (insured) to that hotel to be held for her arrival.

I would call the hotel first for specific instructions first however.

That was my original idea but sometimes what happens is that at last moment airline staff are moved around between hotels. So she knows which hotel she's in only when she actually gets there.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Give it some time...there are plenty of Chicago members here...
Old 03-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='541466' date='Mar 8 2008, 08:21 AM
I bought a Dell laptop and got some car cameras delivered to my sister in New York who was going to come into London this week. Biggest problem now is that she is not coming any more and I need those items badly. My other sister who works in an airline is coming to Chicago from the 12th evening to the 14th afternoon.

I'm asking for a big favour off someone who stays in Chicago.

If you are in town those days can I ask my sister in NY to send this stuff over to you before hand and will you be able to meet my sister visiting Chicago on the 13th to hand this package over to her.

Please PM me if you can help. With you address and telephone number. My sister is going to be staying at some Holiday Inn but she doesn't know which one as yet.
Why can't she just fedex them to London or why can't she bring them with her to Chicago?
Old 03-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='541640' date='Mar 8 2008, 05:02 PM
Why can't she just fedex them to London or why can't she bring them with her to Chicago?
Higher likelyhood of getting snagged in customs by going Fedex. And one sister is in NY while the other sister has the short lay over in Chicago. If Bruce any real certainty which hotel in Chicago the second sister would be staying in, the first sister could Fedex there, but from Bruce's comments, sounds iffy...
Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

if its sent fedex bruce is going to have to pay importation tax.............
Old 03-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='541528' date='Mar 8 2008, 11:33 AM
That was my original idea but sometimes what happens is that at last moment airline staff are moved around between hotels. So she knows which hotel she's in only when she actually gets there.
Quite true but worst case she goes during her layover to the other hotel to fetch it.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Contributors

OK guys, for now its all sorted. The reason i bought this laptop from the US was the specs are not available in the UK, I do not know why Dell do this. The laptop is going to my sister's friend in Chicago who will try and meet up with my other sister.

Problem is now my other sister doesn't even know if she's going to Chicago anymore. I cannot understand how airline staff do their jobs - forget not knowing the difference between night/day but not knowing what country you will wake up in is something else.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Chicago who can help me