Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Any ideas on how to make a little extra cash

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
If I can't say anything stupid, I'm not going to comment at all!!
Oh come on ... don't hold back ...
Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by skelevirus
I only grow OD for personal use only!!

but no his names mike bakowski and he lives a 1231 evergreen terrace springfield CO
Wow you must really hate him Sell you some bad shit?

Originally Posted by pjinca
Isn't that the name of the green monster is Monster's Inc? HEY, I HAVE LITTLE KIDS!!!
Hahahahaha
Old 06-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by skelevirus
I gotta friend who grows weed. He makes bank
Hydroponics!! In my job, I go into a lot of peoples homes...Trust me there are a lot of people doing this...You would be suprised!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545i loaded!

If you have space you could part cars out. I used to do that in high school the trick is to research what cars are the fad then find totaled ones! I once paied 350 for a 1996 Nissan 240sx and made about 4k off then when i was done i took the shell to the scrap yard and got like another 75 bucks. But i lived in the sticks so i didn't have to worry about HOA's then.

Now i buy and sell stuff on craigslist, there is always someone willing to get rid of somthing cheap then you can put it up for sale on ebay i do that alot!

If you have your MS you can teach at a local CC (i do that one too) they normaly pay 2500 a class for nights and weekends.

Lastly i do computer odd jobs on the side (websites, general repair, training, design). Training is the way to go, when i get back home i am going to set up MS Office workshop (Word,ppt,excel,access) and teach it to older people good money and it tends to bring other computer related jobs like "can you come over and set up my router?". I just look at Best Buy's rate and stay under that and it normaly works. Stay away from working on friends computers though, that is an endless pit of despair (everytime they break it after you touched it, it must be your faul ).
Old 06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Honestly, selling stuff is the easiest way to make money. There are so many stupid people in this world. Stupid people make capitalism SO much easier.

Honestly, I can buy stuff at retail prices, like HID lights, spacers....etc...and make a 50% profit...on retail stuff. I buy shit on eBay and sell it to stupid people and more often than not, make upwards of 100% profit. Once I bought something for $2, sold it for $25....didn't make a whole lot of money, but its easy to see how far you can bump up the prices.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Eugene, I've been looking for something to do on the side for a while too. Actually, been looking into solar panel installations - if this is something you may be interested in, let's talk - who knows
Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Contributors

Hey V, I would hold off on the Solar panels for now...idk if people want/can buy them right now...

When the housing market really recovers, and people start building again. There will be a much higher demand....and we don't know if this recession is gonna double dip...
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

What i've been doing for years is buying damaged ipods, phones, computers, etc. on eBay and doing simple repairs on them and then reselling. Find someone selling a phone with a broken screen, buy the screen, replace it, and resell.

At one point, I would turn 5-8 phones a day and just started buying them from bulk wholesalers who get them from the insurance companies.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mbp727
What i've been doing for years is buying damaged ipods, phones, computers, etc. on eBay and doing simple repairs on them and then reselling. Find someone selling a phone with a broken screen, buy the screen, replace it, and resell.

At one point, I would turn 5-8 phones a day and just started buying them from bulk wholesalers who get them from the insurance companies.
Middle man FTW!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Krozi
Hey V, I would hold off on the Solar panels for now...idk if people want/can buy them right now...

When the housing market really recovers, and people start building again. There will be a much higher demand....and we don't know if this recession is gonna double dip...
Not necessarily. There are government incentives on Federal and State levels. Not to mention that it's better to get into it early and be established than trying to get into it when it gets hot. Additionally, the big contracts come from government and enterprises, not so much from home owners.

I don't really think it'll catch on with home owners until it drops a bit more -- on top of the already available incentives.

Quick Reply: Any ideas on how to make a little extra cash