Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

And another one bites the dust.............

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

So I guess, now it's down to Bobby Jindal and Sarah Palin for the 2012 nomination - pathetic. A nobody and an idiot, nice choices guys.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/24/sou...=rss_topstories
Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark Sanford doesnt have the charisma to be president anyway. i personally never thought he would get nominated. Mike Huckabee should go for it again! Mitt Romney would be good if he wasnt Mormon. I think a mormon would be too conservative and base a lot of the decisions he makes on his "traditional conservative religious" values.

the republicans need to loosen up a bit in an attempt to swing some of the liberal votes. take a financial conservative approach. run as "capitalists" and leave the religious sh*t at home...

we will take the whitehouse back in 2012!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='923482' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:30 AM
Mark Sanford doesnt have the charisma to be president anyway. i personally never thought he would get nominated. Mike Huckabee should go for it again! Mitt Romney would be good if he wasnt Mormon. I think a mormon would be too conservative and base a lot of the decisions he makes on his "traditional conservative religious" values.

the republicans need to loosen up a bit in an attempt to swing some of the liberal votes. take a financial conservative approach. run as "capitalists" and leave the religious sh*t at home...

I doubt they will take it back. The Republicans need to get back to what most of us can agree with (small government and less intrusion into personal lives) and I can jump on board, but with all the religious crap they want to force feed the country it makes it hard find one I can like (Ron Paul maybe?)
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='923517' date='Jun 25 2009, 12:50 PM
I doubt they will take it back. The Republicans need to get back to what most of us can agree with (small government and less intrusion into personal lives) and I can jump on board, but with all the religious crap they want to force feed the country it makes it hard find one I can like (Ron Paul maybe?)
well taking it back is obviously hopeful thinking... and you are on point with dumping the religious crap. this country was built on capitalism and keeping that in tact needs to be the focus of a solid republican campaign in today's world. People need to make their own way in this world. I think the majority of us here driving $60K plus cars can appreciate that. I am a registered republican and I will vote as such, but you are right about the lack of good candidates.

STEPHEN COLBERT for PRESIDENT!

He once said "AIG executives just recieved 200 million of your tax dollars.... At least it didnt go towards welfare!"

haha, i know his show is a gimmick and he isnt a conservative, but he is hilarious!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Just add Sanford to the growing list of hypocrites who make laws and admonish others for immoral behavior, then engage in those very same activities. I just love it when these people get their well-deserved comeuppance. Watching them squirm in front of the spotlight is, well, delicious.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='923482' date='Jun 25 2009, 12:30 PM
Not likely to happen. Obama's political skills are way too good and his charisma way too strong to be a one-termer.

It's looking more and more like Mitt Romney will be the Republican front runner in 2012. As a Democrat, I'm fine with Romney as the Republican standard-bearer.

Romney comes across as mean and nasty and, almost always, the more sunny and optimistic candidate wins elections.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

hahaha its fuckin america!! woohoo!!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='923701' date='Jun 25 2009, 02:55 PM
Not likely to happen. Obama's political skills are way too good and his charisma way too strong to be a one-termer.

It's looking more and more like Mitt Romney will be the Republican front runner in 2012. As a Democrat, I'm fine with Romney as the Republican standard-bearer.

Romney comes across as mean and nasty and, almost always, the more sunny and optimistic candidate wins elections.
obama is charismatic. i dont know if his skills are that great. I dont dislike obama. I am a republican, but more importantly I am a free market capitalist/libertarian. I think barack obama is a decent man, I just dont agree with many of his policies. I would like a republican in the white house, and i would like for us to have control of capitol hill. The republican part has a lot of reforming to do to get with the times, and our time will come. the reform the republican party needs wont happen in the next four years. they have their work cut out for them in the next 8 if we are lucky, but:

The only thing that Obama has going against him right now is the fact that the massive bailouts will later cause major problems for the US and relations with foreign nations. Unfortunately this is the American way... FIX NOW, worry about it later. Example: need a home? get an ARM. dont worry about your giant payments later... just refinance down the road. Suddenly the economy has taken a turn for the worst and banks arent handing out money to people with mediocre credit anymore... cant get out of your ARM... it is the mentality of the American people to get instant gratification. I feel the Bailout (for the repubs), Stimulus (for the Dems) was another prime example of this. Additionally, The "Socialized Healthcare" will be a bomb, but that will take time for the masses to realize. These issues wont be serious until long after Barack Obama is writing his memoirs and having his library built. I just got back from the DMV... I cant imagine the government running the show down at the hospital. AND... I have had "socialized" healthcare before. 7 years in the military. It was aweful in comparison to private healthcare. Competition is what we need in this country, Healthcare IS NOT the exception

I am one of those people that enjoy political discussion. I dont shy away from politics and religion. I feel healthy discussion and communication is the key to understanding each other. If anyone wants to turn a reasonable adult discussion into a name calling argument, i will not dignify your statements with a response. I know this will not be a problem with the majority of the members, but someone always gets heated with these topics.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='923827' date='Jun 25 2009, 01:22 PM
obama is charismatic. i dont know if his skills are that great. I dont dislike obama. I am a republican, but more importantly I am a free market capitalist/libertarian. I think barack obama is a decent man, I just dont agree with many of his policies. I would like a republican in the white house, and i would like for us to have control of capitol hill. The republican part has a lot of reforming to do to get with the times, and our time will come. the reform the republican party needs wont happen in the next four years. they have their work cut out for them in the next 8 if we are lucky, but:

The only thing that Obama has going against him right now is the fact that the massive bailouts will later cause major problems for the US and relations with foreign nations. Unfortunately this is the American way... FIX NOW, worry about it later. Example: need a home? get an ARM. dont worry about your giant payments later... just refinance down the road. Suddenly the economy has taken a turn for the worst and banks arent handing out money to people with mediocre credit anymore... cant get out of your ARM... it is the mentality of the American people to get instant gratification. I feel the Bailout (for the repubs), Stimulus (for the Dems) was another prime example of this. Additionally, The "Socialized Healthcare" will be a bomb, but that will take time for the masses to realize. These issues wont be serious until long after Barack Obama is writing his memoirs and having his library built. I just got back from the DMV... I cant imagine the government running the show down at the hospital. AND... I have had "socialized" healthcare before. 7 years in the military. It was aweful in comparison to private healthcare. Competition is what we need in this country, Healthcare IS NOT the exception

I am one of those people that enjoy political discussion. I dont shy away from politics and religion. I feel healthy discussion and communication is the key to understanding each other. If anyone wants to turn a reasonable adult discussion into a name calling argument, i will not dignify your statements with a response. I know this will not be a problem with the majority of the members, but someone always gets heated with these topics.

Whoa Craig that was quite a mouthful, are your finger tired? The Republicans (and Dems too) need to weed out the hypocrites (like Sanford) and cease and desist with the religious BS. Keep politics and religion separate, it's the way the country was designed to operate. The Republicans have been listening too closely to the religious right wing wackos who want to dictate all facets of our individual lives to match their chosen beliefs. As I said before, I like what the Republicans originally stood for, small gov't, strong military (which is the main function of a federal gov't anyway), and states rights.
I can agree welfare needs to be done away with (along with most other entitlements), but there needs to be a balance, our education system is in the crapper, our infrastructure is crumbling, the economy is this way because of policies set during the much beloved Reagan years. The Republican lost me not just because they got too conservative, but because they ventured too far from their own core beliefs - and if you don't believe them why should I?
I can see the benefits of national healthcare (and anyone who has seen Sicko can as well), not because of the idea that the gov't should provide for the people, but because of the power of the Healthcare lobby. They are far too powerful and presidents as far back as Andrew Jackson knew that letting an industry hold more power than the gov't itself is dangerous (see bank of the US). Our healthcare system is flawed, can anyone tell me the last time we actually cured anything? No, we have treatments up the yin-yang for all sorts of imaginary ailments (WTF is restless leg syndrone? Gimme a break).
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='923844' date='Jun 25 2009, 04:39 PM
Whoa Craig that was quite a mouthful, are your finger tired? The Republicans (and Dems too) need to weed out the hypocrites (like Sanford) and cease and desist with the religious BS. Keep politics and religion separate, it's the way the country was designed to operate. The Republicans have been listening too closely to the religious right wing wackos who want to dictate all facets of our individual lives to match their chosen beliefs. As I said before, I like what the Republicans originally stood for, small gov't, strong military (which is the main function of a federal gov't anyway), and states rights.
I can agree welfare needs to be done away with (along with most other entitlements), but there needs to be a balance, our education system is in the crapper, our infrastructure is crumbling, the economy is this way because of policies set during the much beloved Reagan years. The Republican lost me not just because they got too conservative, but because they ventured too far from their own core beliefs - and if you don't believe them why should I?
I can see the benefits of national healthcare (and anyone who has seen Sicko can as well), not because of the idea that the gov't should provide for the people, but because of the power of the Healthcare lobby. They are far too powerful and presidents as far back as Andrew Jackson knew that letting an industry hold more power than the gov't itself is dangerous (see bank of the US). Our healthcare system is flawed, can anyone tell me the last time we actually cured anything? No, we have treatments up the yin-yang for all sorts of imaginary ailments (WTF is restless leg syndrone? Gimme a break).
that was a mouthful too my friend... but well said.

on that note, no more need to hone my keyboarding skills... I am off tomorrow and it is Happy Hour. It is nearing 5 pm on the east coast.

I will be back later!

Quick Reply: And another one bites the dust.............