Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Amazing photos of Katrina

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Originally Posted by m5lover' date='Sep 26 2005, 12:26 PM
Are you sure these photos are not photoshoped?Because i notice the rough edges on the wind formations and cyclones?
[snapback]175271[/snapback]

Any photoshop experts or pros to answer this?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Contributors

i don't know whether they are photoshoped or not, but they are certainly not pictures of a hurricane. These are pictures of funnel clouds, and funnel formations. Living in South Florida we see alot of huricane and tropical storms, including Katrina and Rita. all it really looks like are rain clouds coming in, in addition to the wind you feel on the ground. If you look at those pics, the entire storm looks like it might be a mile wide, maybe? however, we all know that hurricane, specifically the last 2, could be 200-400 miles wide, not compacted into a mile circumfrance (spelling)... the pics look fascinating nonetheless, but certainly not hurricane pics. Tornadoes, YES, hurricanes, no!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Thanks
Old 09-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Might have been of Katrina spawned tornadoes or similar weather phenomena, but as wassy says, not a huriccane pic. Also cannot rule out the photoshop theory but don't know that and would hope not. They are beautiful pics.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hey! Looks like the tornado in that one TV Show... Smallville... End of Season 1...

Oh and who took them? Anyone watched Twister? With Helen Hunt? That should answer the question on which brave soles takes those pics...
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

i love these kind of pics !
Old 09-27-2005, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

They're pretty, but the first thing that struck me is that they land and scenery doesn't really look much like Louisianna. More like the midwest - these could be photos taken by stormchasers - that one of the twister funnel that is nearly touching down might be just that...
Old 09-27-2005, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

cool pics. must be freaky see this for real
Old 09-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Sep 27 2005, 07:17 AM
They're pretty, but the first thing that struck me is that they land and scenery doesn't really look much like Louisianna.? More like the midwest - these could be photos taken by stormchasers - that one of the twister funnel that is nearly touching down might be just that...
[snapback]175700[/snapback]
They must be from the Midwest, I can tell you that is definitely not Louisiana and does not look like any part of Alabama I've ever seen. And is definitely not a hurricane. In a hurricane, you don't see the individual storm cells like like.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Contributors

A special thanks to kscarrol for finding this wed site

This should confirm what some of you thought

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hur...katrins-pix.htm

Quick Reply: Amazing photos of Katrina