Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

all the money i was gonna spend on mods to my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010 | 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by ConviktColby
besides the refund at the end of the year is like a savings account for me that doesn't fail
federal maybe .... Still waiting for my Cali return
Old 03-22-2010 | 09:27 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Bitches...

That's all I have to say for now, if this thread gets heated (hopefully) I will contribute further
Old 03-22-2010 | 09:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames
Can you cite the actual case law where the defendant has a) won and b) not had to pay any tax, other than sales tax, as a consequence?
Pec Vs Lowe

Coppage Vs Kansas

Both of those it was upheld that personal wages were private property and therefore not taxable under the 16th amendment which doesnt define what income is
Old 03-22-2010 | 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
roll your eyes all you want, everytime it goes to court the defendant has won because they cannot produce any law that stipulates it

the downside is they wreak havoc on your finances in the meantime so its a pyric victory

From what I've researched in the past, you are not entirely wrong, but you aren't entirely right either. I forget all the shit I found, but being that I have an accounting degree from Penn State and used to work in a public accounting firm doing taxes, I can assure you that I found what I needed to satisfy me that I had better continue filing and paying my share. At the bear minimum the precedence has been set that they will come after you eventually, and they can make you pay.
Old 03-22-2010 | 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by skelevirus
federal maybe .... Still waiting for my Cali return
Strange. My Cal return was deposited 3 days before my Fed.
Old 03-22-2010 | 09:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bha7176
From what I've researched in the past, you are not entirely wrong, but you aren't entirely right either. I forget all the shit I found, but being that I have an accounting degree from Penn State and used to work in a public accounting firm doing taxes, I can assure you that I found what I needed to satisfy me that I had better continue filing and paying my share. At the bear minimum the precedence has been set that they will come after you eventually, and they can make you pay.

The problem is the cases win when they go to the supreme court which have consistently ruled that federal income taxes are voluntary and not actual written law, but if they stay in the local state courts they are sent to jail, which is ironic being that the lower state courts MUST be in compliance with the Supreme Court
Old 03-22-2010 | 09:50 AM
Contributors

The secondary problem is that the IRS will use your income as leverage against you in court which violates your 5th amendment rights to not self incriminate, they will seize your assets, ruin your credit and drag you through the mud to make an example of you because if the punishment wasnt severe then nobody would pay the tax

essentially we are bullied into paying a federal income tax on wages earned though there is no definition in the IRS tax code on what "income" is and the Supreme courts have explicitly stated that it is personal and therefore private and exempt
Old 03-22-2010 | 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
Pec Vs Lowe

Coppage Vs Kansas

Both of those it was upheld that personal wages were private property and therefore not taxable under the 16th amendment which doesnt define what income is

Ah. Two cases from the early 20th century. Coppage v. Kansas ostensibly addressing a very different issue, and Peck v. Lowe also addressing a different (though albeit tangentially related) issue - and effectively affirming that the objections were unfounded. Neither one seems to focus on your specific position on the legitimacy of income taxes.

The IRS has more recent case law on its side, much of which is highlighted here, together with its own analysis on the 16th Amendment "arguments":

http://www.irs.gov/t...=159853,00.html

And while I generally counsel against using Wikipedia as the primary source of reference in such matters, the content here is instructive.

http://en.wikipedia....dment_arguments
Old 03-22-2010 | 02:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by swajames
Ah. Two cases from the early 20th century. Coppage v. Kansas ostensibly addressing a very different issue, and Peck v. Lowe also addressing a different (though albeit tangentially related) issue - and effectively affirming that the objections were unfounded. Neither one seems to focus on your specific position on the legitimacy of income taxes.

The IRS has more recent case law on its side, much of which is highlighted here, together with its own analysis on the 16th Amendment "arguments":

http://www.irs.gov/t...=159853,00.html

And while I generally counsel against using Wikipedia as the primary source of reference in such matters, the content here is instructive.

http://en.wikipedia....dment_arguments

Break it down man........BREAK IT DOWN!
Old 03-22-2010 | 02:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by jim7498
are now going to have to be set aside from my paycheck so I can contribute to universal health care. Sorry vendors
Thank God I already bought (and sold) my second house. I have no idea how I would have scraped together the $500K down payment if I had to pay for Universal Health Insurance, at the time.

Quick Reply: all the money i was gonna spend on mods to my car