Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Alexandria & Sharm El Sheikh Egypt YouTube Video i made.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

ALEXANDRIA, on the Meditteranean

Sharm El Sheikh on the Red Sea (Best party spot in Egypt and beautiful beautiful spot) Full of European tourists, especially Italianos.)

Hope you guys Enjoy it, and maybe it shows you a different prespective than the BS you see on TV all time.

*In Egypt a BMW is a B.M (Bee Em)

To clear a few misconseptions

-Egypt has the biggest Christian population in N.Africa and the Mid-east, about 10 million out of 85 million egyptians are Christian rest are Muslim
- Allah means GOD in the Arabic Language, Christian and also Jewish Arabs say ALLAH when describing God and pray to ALLAH. so Allah is not a different entity Muslims worship as the media like you to think/
- Egypt is a very modern country, There are very beautiful and main stream places, and ofcourse there are the very poor dirty places, there are Many many moderates and a few Fanatics (which do not represent Islam as Islam is a religion of peace)
- Egyptians LOVE Europeans and Americans, If you were to ever go there, you would be welcomed with open arms and literally treated like a king, and people would try to invite you to their homes to eat with them all the time..lol, and ofcourse they would also try to sell you stuff..lol .. They just HATE BUSH...as does 90% of the rest of the world.
- Finally all i can say is Don't believe the BS you see on the Media about Egyptians or Muslims.
Attached Thumbnails Alexandria & Sharm El Sheikh  Egypt YouTube Video i made.-n534340330_1196887_6920.jpg  
Old 11-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

Originally Posted by tarek307' post='498405' date='Nov 24 2007, 08:46 AM
ALEXANDRIA, on the Meditteranean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7ZjiKsCxw

Sharm El Sheikh on the Red Sea (Best party spot in Egypt and beautiful beautiful spot) Full of European tourists, especially Italianos.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDafvn30XRE

Hope you guys Enjoy it, and maybe it shows you a different prespective than the BS you see on TV all time.

*In Egypt a BMW is a B.M (Bee Em)

To clear a few misconseptions

-Egypt has the biggest Christian population in N.Africa and the Mid-east, about 10 million out of 85 million egyptians are Christian rest are Muslim
- Allah means GOD in the Arabic Language, Christian and also Jewish Arabs say ALLAH when describing God and pray to ALLAH. so Allah is not a different entity Muslims worship as the media like you to think/
- Egypt is a very modern country, There are very beautiful and main stream places, and ofcourse there are the very poor dirty places, there are Many many moderates and a few Fanatics (which do not represent Islam as Islam is a religion of peace)
- Egyptians LOVE Europeans and Americans, If you were to ever go there, you would be welcomed with open arms and literally treated like a king, and people would try to invite you to their homes to eat with them all the time..lol, and ofcourse they would also try to sell you stuff..lol .. They just HATE BUSH...as does 90% of the rest of the world.
- Finally all i can say is Don't believe the BS you see on the Media about Egyptians or Muslims.
My daughter was in Egypt a couple of weeks ago, both the coastal resorts and pyramids. She had a great time and specifically commented that the people were indeed very friendly.

Sadly we have fanatics in the UK too.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lancaster' post='498462' date='Nov 24 2007, 11:21 AM
My daughter was in Egypt a couple of weeks ago, both the coastal resorts and pyramids. She had a great time and specifically commented that the people were indeed very friendly.

Sadly we have fanatics in the UK too.

Thank you very much... next time tell your daughter to make sure to visit Sharm El Sheikh,...yes fanatics are everywhere..What i hate most are the Muslim Fanatics, because they say and do rediculous stuff to propell their own agenda or someone elses agenda and they justify anything they do by saying its in the name of Religion...influencing the poor and uneducated to do what they want!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Contributors

I took my family to Sharm el Sheikh last year for 2 weeks, absolutely brilliant holiday.

But I don't get why you feel you have to write things like "Finally all i can say is Don't believe the BS you see on the Media about Egyptians or Muslims. " or "They just HATE BUSH...as does 90% of the rest of the world" or even "To clear a few misconseptions..."

Writing stuff like that is just as bad as any media coverage I could mention. Why not just talk about how nice egypt is and leave it at that.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='498490' date='Nov 24 2007, 12:14 PM
I took my family to Sharm el Sheikh last year for 2 weeks, absolutely brilliant holiday.

But I don't get why you feel you have to write things like "Finally all i can say is Don't believe the BS you see on the Media about Egyptians or Muslims. " or "They just HATE BUSH...as does 90% of the rest of the world" or even "To clear a few misconseptions..."

Writing stuff like that is just as bad as any media coverage I could mention. Why not just talk about how nice egypt is and leave it at that.
I'm sure you had a great time in Sharm, what resort did you stay at? i Stayed at Laguna Vista..But went to Naama Bay every night, LOVED PACHA!

as for the extra things i said its Because 99% of the people have totally different idea of Egypt, and its because of the Media..when have you ever seen the media show ONE nice thing about Egypt or Muslims or any other Mid-Easter or North African country? Very Rare!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tarek307' post='498571' date='Nov 24 2007, 04:38 PM
I'm sure you had a great time in Sharm, what resort did you stay at? i Stayed at Laguna Vista..But went to Naama Bay every night, LOVED PACHA!
My memory is rubbish and I can't remember the name of the resort (or any other that I've stayed at in any holiday!). I do remember however the name of the airline... "excel" ... and I remember that I won't EVER travel with them again. We were on a 747, and one of the engines caught fire, then the wing caught fire, as we were coming in to land. Very scary.
as for the extra things i said its Because 99% of the people have totally different idea of Egypt, and its because of the Media..when have you ever seen the media show ONE nice thing about Egypt or Muslims or any other Mid-Easter or North African country? Very Rare!
Here you go again. 99%?? Rubbish! More like 0.001%

What does the media report. NEWS. Is it news that a terrorist plants a bomb? yes. Is it news that the people are nice, shopping is great, and the sun shines? No. I watch the UK news and all it reports is bad things that have happened. Doesn't mean the UK is crap or that our government and PM are crap. Oh, hang on, that wasn't a very well put argument

Regardless though - I think your statements about Bush/Egypt/etc etc are completely unfounded. I don't know a single person that has any issue with muslims/egyptians out of a rather large group of people I associate with, and can't say I have ever experienced any media about "muslims" or "egyptians" in general, only about specific people or groups (such as those in terrorist training camps). They could be black, white, yellow or green, and praise allah, god, buddha, ronald mcdonald or elvis. It doesn't matter, and the majority of the world feels the same way. It's certainly not 1%.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Contributors

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!? One of the Engines caught fire!!! Oh My God!! i think that would be enough reason to not fly with them again..lol, Thank God you came out ok!

About the Rant... Russ..maybe i'm just in a negative mood today..lol, watched too much FOX NEWS the past few days..and let me tell ya...or not!! haahha
Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='498490' date='Nov 24 2007, 12:14 PM

Russ, do you plan on going to Sharm El Sheikh again anytime soon??? Let me know, God willing i will be there this summer!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

So Tarek, I guess you feel absolutely safe there in Egypt? It good to hear, I have friends that travel to Israel and absolutely LOVE IT! But here in the USA, we see media coverage at night about all the violence etc. and thats been the main reason I've never taken my family to the middle East. I'm glad to hear its really NOT the way it seems to be portrayed in the media. In fact it looks great.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='519198' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:49 PM
So Tarek, I guess you feel absolutely safe there in Egypt? It good to hear, I have friends that travel to Israel and absolutely LOVE IT! But here in the USA, we see media coverage at night about all the violence etc. and thats been the main reason I've never taken my family to the middle East. I'm glad to hear its really NOT the way it seems to be portrayed in the media. In fact it looks great.

Well, Egypt is NOT IN THE MIDDLE EAST! you barely ever ever ever hear of anything crazy going on in Egypt....Its 100% safe man, you can walk down the street at 4am and not have to worry about anything, no terrorism or any of that crazy stuff! Don't believe the Media!

ps: what is Israel..oh you mean Palestine..lol

Quick Reply: Alexandria & Sharm El Sheikh Egypt YouTube Video i made.