Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

5 Tips for GT5

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Here are some tip for you guys with GT5

1. Level up quickly in the beginning of the game by doing the "Special Challenges" as they dispense experience and credits faster than the Spec races.

2. Having trouble with the Top Gear Test Track Samba bus race? Try ignoring the racing line and follow these rules: Tap the brake at Wilson. Take the inside at Chicago and tap the brake, Take the inside at the hammerhead and tap the brake, then cut the corner when you start turning right, then flat out until you hit Bacharach start outside of the racing line, don't cut the inside so much that you go off the track, but come close, and just tap the brakes, then let off the gas a bit through Gambon, and across the line! Remember if you hit another bus or try to pull a Tom Cruise you'll be disqualified. You are allowed to sideswipe buses as long they are turning into you also.

After a few tries you should be able to pass them all in one lap.

3. To get the Penniless trophy, buy a Dhiatsu Copen Active Top and then go to the "Gran Turismo" Dealership and buy a Go-Kart. MAKE SURE you do this before buying any cars or doing any races, otherwise it will probably be a lot harder getting to zero credits.

4. When you've finished your License tests, turn off "User BGM" and disable "Race BGM" in order to save precious RAM bandwith. Trust us, Gran Turismo 5 needs it.

5. The oil change glitch is still present. When you buy a brand-new car, IMMEDIATELY take it to the shop and get the oil changed. It's only 250 credits, and you can get a significant power bump?on an Audi R8 5.2 FSI it's around 30HP, but it'll be different with each car.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Contributors

If you have any more tip please post them up
Old 11-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Nice dave!! Thanks. Dont we ALL wish we get 30 HP for oil changes on real cars??? hehehe
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Nice dave!! Thanks. Dont we ALL wish we get 30 HP for oil changes on real cars??? hehehe
maybe there is a oil that adds hp
Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

My only question: Can you turn the penalties off in the full version? I played prologue and hated it because of the stupid penalties, and I don't buy that crap about "realism" - I have raced competitively on a real track and there is rarely any of those stupid penalties. If you can turn them off, I'll buy it, if not - forget it. Other games are catching up quickly and GT needs to keep up, no stupid penalties in Grid or NFS Shift (damage yes, penalties, no)
Old 11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
My only question: Can you turn the penalties off in the full version? I played prologue and hated it because of the stupid penalties, and I don't buy that crap about "realism" - I have raced competitively on a real track and there is rarely any of those stupid penalties. If you can turn them off, I'll buy it, if not - forget it. Other games are catching up quickly and GT needs to keep up, no stupid penalties in Grid or NFS Shift (damage yes, penalties, no)
you can not compare VR to real thing.
I dont know, I dont have GT5
Old 11-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by pjinca
So far I've only seen the corner cutting penalty, non for contact.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill
So far I've only seen the corner cutting penalty, non for contact.
When doing the licenses there is corner cutting penalties and contact... but in the main game there isnt.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Any tips for making the M5 stop bouncing with sport fixed and fully adjustable? I swear I spent 2 hours trying to get the car to stop. It happened when I added wither the supersoft slicks and or the the rear wing..I have taken them off and nothing ...It is awesome seeing huge cloud of smoke bellowing from the tires on corner entry! Ugh this game
Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
Any tips for making the M5 stop bouncing with sport fixed and fully adjustable? I swear I spent 2 hours trying to get the car to stop. It happened when I added wither the supersoft slicks and or the the rear wing..I have taken them off and nothing ...It is awesome seeing huge cloud of smoke bellowing from the tires on corner entry! Ugh this game
Sometimes less is more, look at the spring rates and the ride hight.....soften things up a bit.

Quick Reply: 5 Tips for GT5