Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

3 Series rant from another forum: Is it really that serious?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Quoted from another forum I frequent

Originally Posted by Wiezer Walley
I purchased a 2008 3 series back in late 2007. Only mod I did was a set of 19 inch wheels. Since owning my 3 series I can say that there were 3 things I did love about the car. The smooth tranny, The quiet cab and the way it handled curves when getting in the pedal. While these are great things to have in a car this is where the positive talk ends. My car has been in and out of the dealers shop 7 times. I want to remind you I bought the car with just 107 miles on it brand new! The interior is cheap. The "paint" on the console started to rub off after the first 8 months. The trunk would get stuck and not open from the inside or fab. The drivers side door wouldn't open with fab. Sun roof opened on 2 occasions on its own!! Once while raining!!! Had random check engine lights turn on and off. Car had computer issues 3 times that left me stranded. I would turn key and nothing!!! Now I know you guys are thinking I got a lemon...................NO while visiting the bimmer forums I learned that all the issues I had others had aswell! Some of the issues the bmw dealership said happend on "almost all" the 3 series!! Well even though the 3 series is on the lower end of the bmw line up it has tanted my views for any future BMW's. I have owned a corolla, cavalier, maxima, probe, altima, and element among other cars and this was by far the worst and the most expensive. Seems Im not the only one. I went car shopping and every lot I went to had at least 2 of the newer 3 series that were traded in. One place called automax had a full row of newer 3 series, I would say at least 15 of them!! I just want to let any potential buyers to take this into consideration before buying a "name" like I did. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Now I am looking for a mid sized luxury sedan. I have narrowed it down to a Lexus GS 350 or a Mercedes E class. I love the new benz look but I really want to know If anyone or the org can give me advice or either one. I want RELIABILITY!! I know lexus is great but how are these new benz? Before spending 50,000 on a car I want some insite. Thanks
What you guys think about this? He keeps saying that his car isn't a lemon, but all I could think of was lemon as I kept reading it. I mean, I don't own a 3, but still man... wtf.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The guy needs to just get the Lexus and be done with it...
Old 08-30-2010, 06:05 AM
@mr
Members

My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

bad luck.. you always have a monday morning car somewhere. Seems he had bad luck, but
I am more interrested how BMW solved all the issues on these 7 occasions.
Lexus.. is that not part of Toyota?.. you know.. the ones calling their cars back to the shop?
Besides, he turns the key and nothing? Turn the key? Guess he never read the manual.

I own an E90 2008 model and have had some issues with the injectors and coils..nothing else.
I now wonder if I have a lemon wit so little issues
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by @mr
bad luck.. you always have a monday morning car somewhere. Seems he had bad luck, but
I am more interrested how BMW solved all the issues on these 7 occasions.
Lexus.. is that not part of Toyota?.. you know.. the ones calling their cars back to the shop?
Besides, he turns the key and nothing? Turn the key? Guess he never read the manual.

I own an E90 2008 model and have had some issues with the injectors and coils..nothing else.
I now wonder if I have a lemon wit so little issues
+1, no matter where you go and doesn't matter what year. BMW sells seemingly 10 times as many 3 series as they do 5's and 7's, so it's no wonder why you'd see a lot at a used car dealer after trade-ins as opposed to our cars. When you have the most popular model in the lineup, and the typical BMW driver tends not to keep their car for 10 or 20 years, the you should expect to see many more of those cars on a used car lot. Even later models

I dunno where this guy lives, but in SoCal it's hard not to spit and hit a 3er
Old 08-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

my gf has an '08 328i, no issues so far.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

He sorta sounds like a prick....maybe the car found him? lol

Besides...owning a BMW is much more exciting...you never know when it's gonna break down....it could happen any day randomly....much more interesting....assuming you have the warranty and good dealership
Old 09-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Contributors

Is it so hard to believe he might be telling the truth? I dont doubt the validity of his problems for one second. Some people have their heads stuck so far up BMWs ass they cant understand that some people are stuck with aweful vehicles. I used to have my head up BMWs ass, but I was tired of getting poop in my mouth. I cannot wait to get rid of my car.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I hear ya Craig! I was at my dealer yesterday getting a tire patched and I met a guy dropping off his 2008 535 for another mechanical issue. He could not wait to get rid of it when the lease expired in Feb. He rattled off a list of problems that made my head spin with the HPFP being just one of the issues. Knock on wood, my experience through two E60's and two X5's has been trouble free. Hopefully my M3 is equally trouble free!

Edit: Guess my point is that there are some folks out there that just have bad cars (probably should be lemoned) so don't discount what this one person's experience was. There are of course many like myself who have had great experiences and continue to have our heads up BMW's ass!!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Let him get a Lexus GS 350.

He most likely got a bad car, but I don't think he will ever be happy especially with a BMW anymore.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I don't know if it's me nitpicking, but it absolutely irks me when I see supposedly adults misspelling the simplest words. It's freaking "insight" damnit. I skimmed the wall of text, and that's the only thing that came at me.