Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2011 M3 fatal accident.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Dinan 545i

What a horrific crash - I would imagine that the car must have been traveling very fast in order to be split in half.
Very tragic...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:37 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

What I don't understand is that no one has mentioned that he was driving drunk. Imagine if he had hit and killed someone, we would all be tearing him apart right now for killing someone. I have no tolerance for drinking and driving, sure it was a stupid mistake....drinking and obviously speeding. This time he just managed to kill himself.

You're all making it seem like he got hit by someone who was drinking and driving....yes it is a tragedy, but remember he made the choice, and he paid the consequences. With that said, may he still RIP.

-Marc
Old 01-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Krozi
What I don't understand is that no one has mentioned that he was driving drunk. Imagine if he had hit and killed someone, we would all be tearing him apart right now for killing someone. I have no tolerance for drinking and driving, sure it was a stupid mistake....drinking and obviously speeding. This time he just managed to kill himself.

You're all making it seem like he got hit by someone who was drinking and driving....yes it is a tragedy, but remember he made the choice, and he paid the consequences. With that said, may he still RIP.

-Marc
"And don't drive drunk! Driver was leaving a club at 3:30 AM, strongly suspect alcohol was a factor..."

second post in this thread (by me ), it's been mentioned.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

-Marc
Agree

Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by kscarrol
"And don't drive drunk! Driver was leaving a club at 3:30 AM, strongly suspect alcohol was a factor..."

second post in this thread (by me ), it's been mentioned.
I know you mentioned it, but I was talking about the majority.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I hear ya Krozi..... Its sad all around... People still make stupid choices.. I dont know why people just dont take fucking cabs! It just takes the damm edge off of even worrying if you have to "slow down" on your drinking. Thats what pisses me off. Even if he was a little buzzed he shouldnt have been thinking of taking his car. Maybe he wanted to show it off? I dont know, but he shouldnt have drank then, but this is sadly another tragic lesson learned, some will take knowledge away from it, some wont and it will happen again. I for one not only do not want to get arrested, BUT I dont EVER want to hurt someone, AND I want to keep my car cause I love it so much... I know thats silly, but those are the silly things that keep me taking cabs over and over.

Condolences to the family, thats hot to be heart wrenching..
Old 01-25-2011, 04:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
I remember the news about that crash too. Some people would draw the conclusion that the car caused the accident! But that's the same argument that people advocating gun control put forth.

That said, maybe pictures of these crashes should appear on on the BMW iDrive splash screen at start-up to remind drivers that a car has the potential (IF MISUSED BY THE DRIVER) to cause death or serious injury!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

-Marc
Agree. Mentioned. Noted. etc..

I hate to say it, but, as a sports car enthusiast, it's sad that he didn't know better.. We're all part of the same family.. We all love our babies (e60, e90, 92, whatever it may be), and I'm sure we all respect our cars (AND OUR LIVES) enough to not D&D.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Saw this on 6speed.

Wow... what a tragic accident. RIP
Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Wow. Very scary and very sad. Feel terrible for the parents.