Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2007 US GP

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Just got through watching the practice session and I'm in shock.
Lewis Hamilton is once again flying around the track. McLaren-Mercedes have done a great job with his car and he's got lots of confidence.
But that's not the amazing thing...BMW's test driver Sebastian Vettel (driving in place for Robert this weekend) posted a quicker time! This 19 year old is trying to make a point. I hope he does.
During the last 2 minutes of practice Fernando was able to beat out Sebastian by approximately 0.1 second.

Qualifications are coming up. I'll post the results soon.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

The third round of qualifications is always a blast.
Here's the grid for tomorrows race:

1 Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2 Alonso McLaren-Mercedes
3 Massa Ferrari
4 Raikkonen Ferrari
5 Heidfeld BMW
6 Kovalainen Renault
7 Vettel BMW
8 Trulli Toyota
9 Webber Red Bull Renault
10 Fisichella Renault

Lewis was in P1 with about 2 minutes left, went in to change tires and had only 1 lap left with the time remaining...he was still able to best his own time. The rookie continues to amaze. The crowd watching stood up once Lewis crossed the line. There seems to be a fan base rapidly growing for him.
Sebastian also surprised the critics with his great performance. I wonder what BMW will do with him in the future.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Centurion, did you see how close Hamilton got to the wall...traveling at 190 mph?!?!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

Yep. Again Hamilton beat Alonso. And this time nothing can be said, about any favoritism. When they were that close it's not a doubt that Alonso either didn't lift up to the pace of Hamilton or did a small mistake in a sector. Either way he got beatten again. I think that in the race he will try to secure a win and will achive this. I dunno but i have a hunch.

Also i suspect Heidfeld to pass 1 ferrari draiver if not both from the start. The F1.07 launches extremly good and if Heidfeld pays extra attention he can make it. Too bad as i understood he had the P3 in his pocket but in the hot lap (last) he made a mistake in the third sector and got knocked back.

We'll see how this will return. I hardly wait for the race. Interesting lineup and it will be a very hot start.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='436557' date='Jun 16 2007, 10:15 PM
Centurion, did you see how close Hamilton got to the wall...traveling at 190 mph?!?!
I did. The commentators kept alluding to this as they were amazed like I was.
It looks scary from his vantage point.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='436617' date='Jun 17 2007, 05:59 AM
Yep. Again Hamilton beat Alonso. And this time nothing can be said, about any favoritism. When they were that close it's not a doubt that Alonso either didn't lift up to the pace of Hamilton or did a small mistake in a sector. Either way he got beatten again. I think that in the race he will try to secure a win and will achive this. I dunno but i have a hunch.
I agree. The hardware is the same. The set-up (tuning) might differ slightly to satisfy the different driving styles but that's about it. Lewis was the better driver in qualifying. The US fans seem to be responding very well to Lewis. I think this is great for the sport in general.

The race starts in 30 minutes and the skys are clear, with only a few clouds, but no chance for rain. Mid 90 degrees so it will be interesting to see what this will do to the drivers and the tires.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='436617' date='Jun 17 2007, 05:59 AM
Also i suspect Heidfeld to pass 1 ferrari draiver if not both from the start. The F1.07 launches extremly good and if Heidfeld pays extra attention he can make it.
Good call. Nick jumps in front of Kimi at turn 1.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Alonso is such a tool.
He can't pass Hamilton and in the next round he drives up to the wall and shows his fist to his team. WTF? Does he really think they just let him pass because he is the current champion?
What an idiot!

I am ROFLMAO!

Go Hamilton!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Well, there is the Go away Paris Hilton movement... And I think now it's time for a Go away Fernando Alonso movement.

Great race from Hamilton! Congrats!
Old 06-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='436683' date='Jun 17 2007, 10:56 AM
Alonso is such a tool.
He can't pass Hamilton and in the next round he drives up to the wall and shows his fist to his team. WTF? Does he really think they just let him pass because he is the current champion?
What an idiot!

I am ROFLMAO!

Go Hamilton!
They finished the way they started at the top.
Congrats to Lewis.

I must have missed that part with Fernando displaying his disgust with his own team.
This is not good for the team as a whole. He isn't acting like a world champion.

Quick Reply: 2007 US GP