Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2007 Spanish GP

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Again, qualifying was exciting to watch. Only surprise was a 6th place grid position by Jarno Trulli with the Toyota motor.
Here's how it looks for tomorrows race:

1st - Massa/Ferrari
2nd - Alonso/McLaren-Mercedes
3rd - Raikkonen/Ferrari
4th- Hamilton/McLaren-Mercedes
5th - Kubica/BMW
6th - Trulli/Toyota
7th - Heidfeld/BMW

This is still anyone's game...the difference between Heidfeld and Massa is less than 1 second.
I suspect Fernando will try and steal the lead at the first turn. He has a lot of fans to please at his home court.
The last sector of the race is quite technical with a tight turn. Some of the drivers, including Kimi, were having difficulties adjusting to it.
Only partial clouds but it will be a dry raceday.
Enjoy.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

What a race! There were surprises throughout.

Alonso tries a daring move at the 1st turn and nearly takes himself and Massa out;
Nick in the BMW jumped ahead from the standing start from 7th to 6th;
Kimi is out with electronic problems;
Alonso could not defend his win from last year;
BMW finishes in 4th...AGAIN, but this time it's with R. Kubica;
Felipe Massa got the whole package - pole position, fastest lap, and the win; and
The rookie, Hamilton, is the current points leader.

BMW gets the bonehead award. At the first pit-stop of the race, N. Heidfeld was in a comfortable 4th place. On his way out, the pneumatic gun was still attached to the front right wheel. Nick left the pit without the nut on his wheel!
I'm sure there was more to the story than what I'm aware of. The tire SHOULD have come off.

Here's how the points were distributed:

1st - Massa/Ferrari
2nd - Hamilton/McLaren-Mercedes
3rd - Alonso/McLaren-Mercedes
4th - Kubica/BMW
5th - Coulthard/Red Bull-Renault
6th - Rosberg/Williams-Toyota
7th - Kovalainen/Renault
8th - Sato/Super Aguri-Honda
Old 05-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

Yes indeed nice race but i'm very sad for Nick. Stupid mechanics didn't do their job right and the pit stops and as i was watching it live i saw how the front-right mechanic didn't manage to do his hob properly as he either had problems fitting the wheel nut back or it was a delay in his job or whatever and then the other mechanic signaled GO not paying attention to the right-front team mate (because indeed he didn't rasie his arm as an ok). After that the race was really over, but on top of that even with the struggle Nick had a gearbox problem in lap 44 and that was the end.

Congrats to Robert for the long awaited points win. Nice race by him. I'm rather sad than happy since i think Nick had a chance at Alonso as his pace was better before his pitstop and could he could have had a good shot at Alonso again, but this time more important walking on the podium.

Hamilotn again impresses and i think it will be a nice race at Monaco. I bet Alonso is more determined than ever. Massa drove flawlessly and secured his well deserved win.

Come on BMW now, we need a podium finish.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

Yeah, Nick had great rhythm up until that point and a very good chance at a podium (as well as Robert). But you can tell, after that blunder, he just couldn't get back into it. His concentration was disrupted.

Ferrari has Massa's car hooked up. Everything is working properly on his car for now and Ferrari seems to have shifted their focus on him and less on Kimi. In my opinion, if I HAD to place most of my resources to one of my drivers it would be someone like Felipe who is more upbeat, emotional, and really plays into the fans.

"Kimi, you just won the 2007 Formula 1 GP Series. How do you feel?"
2007 Spanish GP-pic03.jpg
Old 05-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='424163' date='May 14 2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, Nick had great rhythm up until that point and a very good chance at a podium (as well as Robert). But you can tell, after that blunder, he just couldn't get back into it. His concentration was disrupted.

Ferrari has Massa's car hooked up. Everything is working properly on his car for now and Ferrari seems to have shifted their focus on him and less on Kimi. In my opinion, if I HAD to place most of my resources to one of my drivers it would be someone like Felipe who is more upbeat, emotional, and really plays into the fans.

"Kimi, you just won the 2007 Formula 1 GP Series. How do you feel?"
Attachment 32220

Right on!

Regarding Nick H. and the fact the couldn't find it's rythm back, wouldn't you be? I know i would, i mean focusing that hard to drive fast, giving results, to see something like that happening to you in the pits, by some stupid mechanic(s), i for sure would be unplugged and demotivated. For sure it takes some time to get the rythm back, but once he started trying he must have started having gearbox problem symthoms and that also unplugs you from what real racers call "the zone".
Old 05-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

Absolutely. I don't blame Nick at all. What happened to him this weekend just plain sucks.
On a positive note...at least BMW is consistant. Fourth place in every race so far.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='424392' date='May 15 2007, 03:28 AM
Absolutely. I don't blame Nick at all. What happened to him this weekend just plain sucks.
On a positive note...at least BMW is consistant. Fourth place in every race so far.
YEAH but we need moooore
Old 05-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='424392' date='May 15 2007, 08:28 AM
that is very good just hope they do even better from the next 2 weeks.
Keep up the good good BM
Old 05-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='424267' date='May 15 2007, 02:53 AM

Right on!

Regarding Nick H. and the fact the couldn't find it's rythm back, wouldn't you be? I know i would, i mean focusing that hard to drive fast, giving results, to see something like that happening to you in the pits, by some stupid mechanic(s), i for sure would be unplugged and demotivated. For sure it takes some time to get the rythm back, but once he started trying he must have started having gearbox problem symthoms and that also unplugs you from what real racers call "the zone".
I think Nick and F1 car dont mix well, look at last year and now, I feel sorry for him, hope he dose well in 2 weeks time.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='423920' date='May 14 2007, 12:25 AM
What a race! There were surprises throughout.

Alonso tries a daring move at the 1st turn and nearly takes himself and Massa out;
Nick in the BMW jumped ahead from the standing start from 7th to 6th;
Kimi is out with electronic problems;
Alonso could not defend his win from last year;
BMW finishes in 4th...AGAIN, but this time it's with R. Kubica;
Felipe Massa got the whole package - pole position, fastest lap, and the win; and
The rookie, Hamilton, is the current points leader.

BMW gets the bonehead award. At the first pit-stop of the race, N. Heidfeld was in a comfortable 4th place. On his way out, the pneumatic gun was still attached to the front right wheel. Nick left the pit without the nut on his wheel!
I'm sure there was more to the story than what I'm aware of. The tire SHOULD have come off.

Here's how the points were distributed:

1st - Massa/Ferrari
2nd - Hamilton/McLaren-Mercedes
3rd - Alonso/McLaren-Mercedes
4th - Kubica/BMW
5th - Coulthard/Red Bull-Renault
6th - Rosberg/Williams-Toyota
7th - Kovalainen/Renault
8th - Sato/Super Aguri-Honda
itis alway the lollypop man flaut for putting the lolly in the air so quick.
that was amsing that his wheel did not come off after 1 lap, I must get them wheels

Quick Reply: 2007 Spanish GP