Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2004RType problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have read posts from 2004RType from other boards, I'm sure you will question his credibility. My gut feeling is that he is just playing with everyone here.

-------------------------

Author: 2004RType on 2004-10-27 at 16:11:48 (posted from: Host: spider-dtc-ta042.proxy.aol.com IP: 205.188.112.22)

Subject: 545i Versus 2005 Jaguar S Type R, Anyone Compare? (286 views) (1446 thread views)

Message: I have now got it down to these two cars, and they are priced in the same league.

Honestly the style of the E60 and I drive is turning me away, I must have had more than 30 negative NO' dont get that car etc.

Well, I must have mentioned this in the past, all the E60 cars I drove had electrical problems. Yesterday I drove another one and Got stuck on the Highway as the car shuddered and dies out and would not start.

I am a bit concerned with this, so far on the 5 test drives the following faults have come up on all separate cars at separate dealers.

Check Engine, Airbag fault, Passenger Retraint Fault, ABS Fault
Unlatched Front Hood Fault, Car died and wont start.
I Drive froze up completely.

Cars were all 2005's

And Last night my friend in his 2004 745I called me to pick him up his car died out in NYC and was towed away, the problem, bad ECU apparently.
Its funny how all these things keep happening right when I am about to purchase a new car, I mean ITS A SIGN from ABOVE or WHAT?

Honestly I really am partial towards the Jaguar, I will agree BMW has more engineering in there E60, but the Jaguar is SO SEXY, Has one of the Best Command Centers out and comes nicely equipped with Big Brembos, wheels, skirts and Recarro seats.

Too Many Choices and Only one car in the End.

Anyone here drive the 2005 R?

Car is a screamer and in terms of style you will never get a vague face from any onlooker in traffic.

No matter what a 545i in the color and options will arrive next week and a Jaguar too both are on hold, this is driving me NUTZ

Oh and another thing why is the ACURA in so Many threads? How can you even compare European to Import? Maybe its just me so Im going to ignore them.

-----------

2004RType on 2004-10-28 at 23:16:53 (posted from: Host: ool-4577aa3b.dyn.optonline.net IP: 69.119.170.59)

Subject: Re: Get the Jag..... (57 views)

Message: I assume your just an automatic guy because you cant figure those damn vents out, just admit it!

BMW owners will always flame any other car never acknowleging the reality.

My reality is

Every car manufactured today is Junk, Incredible engineering, great performance, but JUNK

Lets be subjective and objective,

I can drive a Bentley and to be honest it is a POS, Im being honest and I am just basing this on my experiences.

I have owned over 18 cars in my life.

Cars today are not meant to last long, the manufactures dont want them too, they would not try make all the money they do, in actuallity they are all LOSING money each and every one of them, why do you think FORD owns so much now, even Ferrari is In trouble and FORD had propossed a plan to purchase it so who knows right?

------------------

2004RType on 2004-10-28 at 23:03:36 (posted from: Host: ool-4577aa3b.dyn.optonline.net IP: 69.119.170.59)

Subject: Re: Get the Jag..... (67 views)

Message: I didnt get any car as of yet, and look at some polls, Lexus, Caddy and Jaguar top three for quality

If you BMW guys swear your cars are more reliable your just kidding yourselves. Statistics and serive shops reveal the truth, BMW buys more cars back than any European Manufacture since 2001.

I am in the Car buisness and a mechanical engineer and know much more than most consumers about things I hear about on these cars.

Lets just say in the Jaguars I owned prior, in 3 years not a single burnt lightbulb, fault code Nothing. What I did get, a few rattles, worn out leather, brakes, tires and bent wheels, thats about it.

Every Benz, Porsche etc had issues from day one, and everyone else I know the same,

I see E60 and new 745's being towed all day long in NYC,

Drive your cars hard and start racking up some real miles, Like 35k- 65k, they will fall apart and cost $$$$$$ to keep.
I mean why are there so many BMW 5 series and 7 series cars prewoned for sale if there are so Great?
I found this website, swapalease.com, there are guys who own MB and BMW who will give someone up to 4k cash to take there lease over they hate there cars so much, Wonder why?
then come back on the board and tell us what has failed in those months/years of use.

I never said a Jaguar was a better car, it is better looking and more reliable in most areas, not all but most and I am being very fair in my statemnts.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Members

Stop feeding the troll. We called him out in a previous post but Lomag deleted it.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by katmai' date='Dec 4 2004, 01:03 PM
If you have read posts from 2004RType from other boards, I'm sure you will question his credibility.? My gut feeling is that he is just playing with everyone here.

-------------------------

Author:? ? 2004RType on 2004-10-27 at 16:11:48 (posted from: Host: spider-dtc-ta042.proxy.aol.com IP: 205.188.112.22)?

? ? ? ?
Subject:? ? 545i Versus 2005 Jaguar S Type R, Anyone Compare? (286 views) (1446 thread views)?

Message:?? I have now got it down to these two cars, and they are priced in the same league.

Honestly the style of the E60 and I drive is turning me away, I must have had more than 30 negative NO' dont get that car etc.

Well, I must have mentioned this in the past, all the E60 cars I drove had electrical problems. Yesterday I drove another one and Got stuck on the Highway as the car shuddered and dies out and would not start.

I am a bit concerned with this, so far on the 5 test drives the following faults have come up on all separate cars at separate dealers.

Check Engine, Airbag fault, Passenger Retraint Fault, ABS Fault
Unlatched Front Hood Fault, Car died and wont start.
I Drive froze up completely.

Cars were all 2005's

And Last night my friend in his 2004 745I called me to pick him up his car died out in NYC and was towed away, the problem, bad ECU apparently.
Its funny how all these things keep happening right when I am about to purchase a new car, I mean ITS A SIGN from ABOVE or WHAT?

Honestly I really am partial towards the Jaguar, I will agree BMW has more engineering in there E60, but the Jaguar is SO SEXY, Has one of the Best Command Centers out and comes nicely equipped with Big Brembos, wheels, skirts and Recarro seats.

Too Many Choices and Only one car in the End.

Anyone here drive the 2005 R?

Car is a screamer and in terms of style you will never get a vague face from any onlooker in traffic.

No matter what a 545i in the color and options will arrive next week and a Jaguar too both are on hold, this is driving me NUTZ

Oh and another thing why is the ACURA in so Many threads? How can you even compare European to Import? Maybe its just me so Im going to ignore them.
??
?
-----------??
?

2004RType on 2004-10-28 at 23:16:53 (posted from: Host: ool-4577aa3b.dyn.optonline.net IP: 69.119.170.59)?

? ? ? ?
Subject:? ? Re: Get the Jag..... (57 views)?

Message:?? I assume your just an automatic guy because you cant figure those damn vents out, just admit it!

BMW owners will always flame any other car never acknowleging the reality.

My reality is

Every car manufactured today is Junk, Incredible engineering, great performance, but JUNK

Lets be subjective and objective,

I can drive a Bentley and to be honest it is a POS, Im being honest and I am just basing this on my experiences.

I have owned over 18 cars in my life.

Cars today are not meant to last long, the manufactures dont want them too, they would not try make all the money they do, in actuallity they are all LOSING money each and every one of them, why do you think FORD owns so much now, even Ferrari is In trouble and FORD had propossed a plan to purchase it so who knows right?

------------------

2004RType on 2004-10-28 at 23:03:36 (posted from: Host: ool-4577aa3b.dyn.optonline.net IP: 69.119.170.59)?

? ? ? ?
Subject:? ? Re: Get the Jag..... (67 views)?

Message:?? I didnt get any car as of yet, and look at some polls, Lexus, Caddy and Jaguar top three for quality

If you BMW guys swear your cars are more reliable your just kidding yourselves. Statistics and serive shops reveal the truth, BMW buys more cars back than any European Manufacture since 2001.

I am in the Car buisness and a mechanical engineer and know much more than most consumers about things I hear about on these cars.

Lets just say in the Jaguars I owned prior, in 3 years not a single burnt lightbulb, fault code Nothing. What I did get, a few rattles, worn out leather, brakes, tires and bent wheels, thats about it.

Every Benz, Porsche etc had issues from day one, and everyone else I know the same,

I see E60 and new 745's being towed all day long in NYC,

Drive your cars hard and start racking up some real miles, Like 35k- 65k, they will fall apart and cost $$$$$$ to keep.
I mean why are there so many BMW 5 series and 7 series cars prewoned for sale if there are so Great?
I found this website, swapalease.com, there are guys who own MB and BMW who will give someone up to 4k cash to take there lease over they hate there cars so much, Wonder why?
then come back on the board and tell us what has failed in those months/years of use.

I never said a Jaguar was a better car, it is better looking and more reliable in most areas, not all but most and I am being very fair in my statemnts.
[snapback]64639[/snapback]

Well I didn't want a PM from Lomag. BUT all it takes is one inconsistency. In one of his posts here, he said he was going into surgery. So either he has blatantly lied about his profession or he has had someone put the knife to him.

As much as we love our cars, all of us will accept its deficiencies. Even Iceman was ready to sue BMW. But I am finally convinced that 2004RType is just playing with us to get a reaction. His post about NAV for EG. Is he stupid? Or again does he just want a reaction. I took the trouble to provide him with answers. No longer! I question the basic intelligence of a poster who claims to have
1. driven at 140mph in NJ on the first day in his new car.
2. Lost control of an E60
3. Is a Surgeon.
4. Also a mechanical engineer in the car business.
5. An audiophile with a $10K home system who cannot get the L7 equalizer tuned.
6. Has an Aston Martin on order
7. Finally prefers his JAG.

Why post? Unless your motive is to be a nuisance.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Not sure guys ... if you don't like him, ignore him. I too think he's full of sh*t especially after the last post I read from him but ... he wants to stir the pot.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 4 2004, 09:22 PM
Even Iceman was ready to sue BMW.?
[snapback]64641[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm still p*s*ed. But the car is GREAT! ((Dunno about how safe, that's all...).
Old 12-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I personally am dissapointed because his first story about the fuel problem was something I believed.

I feel so stupid now.. This guy is a wanker and should stay home with is 15 year old age and drop the hand on himself..

sorry, but I am very dissapointed on the integrety of this stupid pr*ck....
Old 12-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Members

He is a blithering idiot and needs to be parked in an asylum. What an imagination ...
Old 12-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 E90 M3

I call for a ban!! I never really even bothered to look at his threads...nothing but complaints of problems.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

He's weird to me. Somehow...
Old 12-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Members

I find this one interesting. His previous car 2004 Jaguar Stype R was a dealer buy back. He sued Jaguar and won. Got his cash back. Perhaps a young guy (assumption based on the way he writes) like him owned 18 cars already by getting dealer buy backs with the state lemon law.

He could be driving Aston for several months for free!

------------------
Author: 2004RType on 2004-10-18 at 16:36:01 (posted from: Host: cache-rtc-ad08.proxy.aol.com IP: 152.163.100.202)

Subject: E60 Owner Feedback Please,I may buy but READ (789 views) (4328 thread views)

Message: Ok I just got out of my car last week and I have been shopping for a new car. I have driven everything litteraly.

I had a 2004 Jaguar Stype R, sweet car but I had too many problems to list and I sued them and won, got my cash and dummped the car last week to them.

I love the E500 but it drives terrible , I am a performance freak, the Mercedes Cars feel like sponges with unconfident steering feedback.

I drove the Audi but Im just not an Audi guy.

I even test drove the 2005 Jaguar S type R, I like it since Im used to it but it lacks refinement in certain areas. And I hate to deal with the corporate bastards if something goes wrong.

Now Last week I drove a 545i it was ok but when I pushed it was nervous.

Now this Morning I drove a 545I Sport and I freaking love the way this car drives, Its unreal I didnt want to get out. The cars dynamics are 100% of what I want. The Sports makes a big difference.

Now I would Like to lease a new one but I am concerned for several reasons:

The car I drove has some electrical faults already, airbag, check engine etc, why???

My good friend had two 745I and BMW bought both back, too many problems.

Have any of you guys had many problems with these cars?

I have to say the Interior is cool but I drive I freaking hate, how can you play with that when your driving I simply dont know.

The E60 styling to me is hit or miss but In Black or white its forgiving I think.

What are your suggestions?

If it was based on Looks Id get the Jaguar over the Mercedes any day but the 545I sport drives so great I think I can try and deal with I drive.

I will take the plunge this week so Id like to hear comments.

Oh and in the back of my Mind I even have been thinking of a 2004 M3 Cabrio SMG, its fun but I dont think its practical for long driving everyday, bit it sure looks nice, and I just heard the body styles are changing next year.

Quick Reply: 2004RType problems