E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Orion v2 installed pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

So I am just going to copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread because I am lazy =)

Hi all, sorry for the delayed update.

Due to missing that first initial weekend when my buddy had time, we weren't able to connect and work on this until yesterday.

We started working on this around 2PM today, and worked leisurely... and finished around 9PM with dinner thrown in between.

Overall, I have to say that it was not difficult to do, just tedious and lot of work. Well, that and balls of steel. I was pretty nervous ripping apart the housing with the soldering gun, especially since it was really cooking it. The melting smell of the plastic, and the way it looked -- it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

After taking the housing apart, we ran into a problem. The big ring(s) for the low beam, the size is off -- it's not as big as the stock ring. Maybe it's because I have halogen? At this point, I wasn't about to turn back. We decided to align it to middle, as much as possible, hoping that it wouldn't look like shit, lol.

Long story short -- it was a success!

It is uber white, and I can't wait to see how it looks during the day! I would take pics, and actually did try earlier with my iphone while I was out there, but it's actually insanely bright that iphone can't capture it correctly at all.

In addition to having awesome angel eyes now, the low beam rings actually has modified the look of my hid kit a bit. It now looks like a bright white gigantic projector when I have low beams on. It's kind of hard to describe... think of it as xenon projectors on steroids.

I will post pics tomorrow, stay tuned!

edit: I forget to comment on the sizing issue for the low beam rings... as it turns out, though it's not the right size, it looks okay. It would be ideal to have it be the same size so it actually fills up the entire outline, but when it's lit, it's not very possible to tell, so it's acceptable. I will post pics to illustrate tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I didn't get to take many day pics today like I originally planned. It was a busy day at the office, so the only day pic was when I drove my car to the highest level parking lot, and snapped it with the sun shining on it. Don't mind the parking, as I was in a hurry, lol.

The night time pics, I took them a few minutes ago. In the pictures, the AEs appear blue-ish, but that's a camera issue. In person, it's awesomely white!

Anyway, pics!

(160 is a bad pic, goes to show how bright they are)
Attached Thumbnails Umnitza Orion v2 installed pics-dsc00155.jpg   Umnitza Orion v2 installed pics-dsc00160.jpg   Umnitza Orion v2 installed pics-dsc00161.jpg   Umnitza Orion v2 installed pics-dsc00163.jpg  
Old 12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
CCS
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535XI

Those are some of the brightest AEs i have ever seen!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Damn sick!! How many hours did it take? I wanted to attempt this but reading some of the posts kinda talked me out of it.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i 6spd

the middle picture is just AE's?

looks like HID's are turned on?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributors

tex_phil: well, excluding dinner, I would say it took about 6 hours. It might have gone faster if my buddy's "good" soldering tool was not acting up. About another 40 minutes or so was due to waiting for the sealant to dry (enough). Now that we have experience, I am thinking it's definitely possible to do it in lesser time.

richard313: nah, it's just the AE's. it's really a bad picture, but I threw it in there anyway. It doesn't look like that at all in person, you see the AEs nice and clear. It was due to the camera, that's why it look like that. I will take a picture to show what it looks like with low beams on, you guys will be amazed at the spherical white ball of light, lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

sorry, but i hate people that put hids in a standard halogen reflector, and shoot light out everywhere and blind oncoming traffic.
hids are meant for projectors.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Contributors

^okay.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='1066760' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:42 PM
^okay.
eh, dont take it personal, but if you're ever driving towards me on the road, i wont be saying how nice those lights look....
Old 12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Contributors

^again, okay.

in case you're missing the point, but this is a thread about Umnitza's Orion v2 AEs.

So okay.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Contributors

so sexy. so jealous. so do not have the guts to try this. AMAZING!!!

Quick Reply: Umnitza Orion v2 installed pics