E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My Velocity Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed my velocity unit and I am extremely impressed. When I pulled out of my garage, the level indicator light that was lit was on one end so I figured it was level 1. Well my car toooooook off. Unbelievable torque hit me immediately. I quickly realized I was on the other side of the level indicators and on level 4. I would concur with others that sprintbooster falls somewhere in between level 2 and 3. Level 4 put a huge smile on my face, but I would advise having a clear path ahead of you to use that level because it will pull very quickly and I promise you won't be able to react as quickly as needed if there is a car nearby in front. I am astounded at how easily thing operates and how it can adjust on the fly as you drive. Very intelligent device. Took literally 2 minutes to install. I unscrewed the right leg side panel to get a little give and tucked the wire inside that panel. Double sided 3M tape for the controller.
Attached Thumbnails My Velocity Installed!-img_0037.jpg   My Velocity Installed!-img_0038.jpg   My Velocity Installed!-img_0039.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Did you have a sprint booster before? Looking for ny differneces between the two. Good job on the instsall!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A fast one!

Wow, u got it installed already? I wonder where you got it from? Good job on the installation.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by jherm' post='979970' date='Aug 17 2009, 08:20 PM
Just installed my velocity unit and I am extremely impressed. When I pulled out of my garage, the level indicator light that was lit was on one end so I figured it was level 1. Well my car toooooook off. Unbelievable torque hit me immediately. I quickly realized I was on the other side of the level indicators and on level 4. I would concur with others that sprintbooster falls somewhere in between level 2 and 3. Level 4 put a huge smile on my face, but I would advise having a clear path ahead of you to use that level because it will pull very quickly and I promise you won't be able to react as quickly as needed if there is a car nearby in front. I am astounded at how easily thing operates and how it can adjust on the fly as you drive. Very intelligent device. Took literally 2 minutes to install. I unscrewed the right leg side panel to get a little give and tucked the wire inside that panel. Double sided 3M tape for the controller.

Nice iPod install. Can you provide specifics on it?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Nice clean install.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NextLevel530xi' post='980002' date='Aug 17 2009, 08:51 PM
Did you have a sprint booster before? Looking for ny differneces between the two. Good job on the instsall!
I did have a sprintbooster before. Obviously, the major difference is the level of control that Velocity allows the user. Sprintbooster is plug and play and never mess with again. It does a great job of what it does. However, you have to have an almost superhuman smooth foot to replicate the comfortable ride of stock. It is just a bit jerkier due to the increased response to the accelerator. I have no problem with this when driving alone, but it can be a tad uncomfortable for passengers. So the velocity allows me to completely turn off the boost with several passengers in the car or for to me set according to how crazy I'm feeling. Level 4 is a ton of fun, but is by no means for everyday driving.

It is more expensive, but in my opinion is well worth it.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Good work Jeremy
Old 08-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

Great review, this will definitely make others want to get this over the sprint booster.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com' post='980008' date='Aug 17 2009, 08:55 PM
Wow, u got it installed already? I wonder where you got it from? Good job on the installation.
Yep. Fedex called me at 10 to say they were leaving it at the office. I went home to pick it up 12. Installed it 7. Thanks for all the help Eric. It was a very smooth transaction.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wolf' post='980038' date='Aug 17 2009, 09:19 PM
Nice iPod install. Can you provide specifics on it?
iPod Dock. Very clean install and you control your ipod through idrive. Just so happened that these guys are about 15 minutes from my house so they did the installation.

Quick Reply: My Velocity Installed!