Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Special Brake Effect (Ricky Brake) for LCI cars!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

any update on this?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

This is gone into the first production run. I will be getting a sample out to a couple of folks before I start taking orders and payments.

Any UK guys on the list who want to get their hands on the first few?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

.. I don't mind being the first one in the U.S. to get my hands on this
Old 03-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

Put me down for this too.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

The real reason for the delay in rolling this out:

After a lot of consideration and having just produced the first batch of these I have decided NOT to sell this product. I know this will disappoint a few people but the fact that there are so many instances of LCI car's tail-light wires and plugs burning out doesn't help.
The last thing I want is for my customers to blame my product for causing the burn outs and BMW will be only too happy to point a finger in my direction should this happen to your car even though it has absolutely nothing to do with my product.

Having said that, if you are willing to take the entire risk on yourself and still wish to buy a set from the first and only batch that has and will be produced please contact me. The product has been tested and works very well but as I said, you take all the risks.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

So what exact can happen to our wires?
If the price for your kit & " fix it" ( burning wires, etc.) = <few " hundred".
I will go for it!
Respect. Steli
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Have you not read one of the several threads like

https://5series.net/forums/topic/117...d-mild-damage/
Old 03-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Bruce,

Sent you a PM about the cables
And regarding the burn issue, did you ever hear it happen to anyone with any of your cables or to the other people it happened with factory LCI lights only?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
Hey Bruce,

Sent you a PM about the cables
And regarding the burn issue, did you ever hear it happen to anyone with any of your cables or to the other people it happened with factory LCI lights only?
So far all my cable versions have gone into pre-LCI cars where, touch wood, we don't have the burning issues. The burning issues surfaced only on the LCI car with factory fitted LCI lights. The new kits were meant for that car and that's why I am staying clear of them.
It's very tempting to sell a product when you know you have waiting buyers. But I'd better be safe than sorry, BMW would love to blame me for the issues.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

I sent a pm for the cables bruce .. I did the LCI retrofit conversion so my car is pre-lci the "dealer" did do the conversion though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Special Brake Effect (Ricky Brake) for LCI cars!