Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

PnP Multimedia interface module + Back up camera kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Another good place to house this is on top of the CDC. I don't know how the LHD cars are, but on the RHD cars, there is a lot of place on top of the CDC.

What I find more difficult is to attaching get these pnp plugs to fit behind the CCC/CIC. There is not a lot of place behind there and it hurts to force it into place.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi

I installed the whole thing behind the iDrive screen. In the space towards the right. Then ran the connectors down.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i 07 SMG M5 front conversion, custom black roof...

I'm thinking about purchasing this product what would you guys rate it from 1-10?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

I would rate it an 8. I have only installed the rearview camera & it works well. The only drawback is in a dimly lit area, hard to see images clearly, but when I upgraded to led license plate lights, I can see much better. I'm thinking of adding the frontview camera & the DVD player. The install wasn't too bad, I never had taken the ccc out before, so it took me awhile to install everything. I like it though. Tha camera is pretty valuable.,.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Ready for another group buy???
Old 04-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Kris do a groupbuy in SOCAL ... ill buy one for sure if you come down here and install it... any other socal members interested?
Old 04-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, it'll have to happen real fast since the guy is moving to Chicago in a month.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i sport

Hello
I've recently purchased the modmynav multimedia interface kit from the WSTO website and just got it installed, and everything works great... except for the SOUND, i dropped my car off at the shop to get the kit installed came back to pick it up assuming it would be done after 5 hours and the installer said that the video works just fine but you have no sound because my stock harness rums threw fiber-optic cables so the modmynav harness that was given for the sound is not compatible!!! So i called WSTO asked them if there was a way to get the sound to work he said kris from modmynav would have to help me because he had no idea what to do... So kris emails my installer and tells him that the kit is only meant for video and dose not work for the fiber-optic cable systems, on top of all this now that i used it i can not get my money back that i paid for it !!
Dose anyone have this installed in a 2004 bmw 545i e60 with navigation and cd changer?? If so how did you get around this to get the sound to work with the video,

Someone please help any answer will do at this point.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KC Hustle
Hello
I've recently purchased the modmynav multimedia interface kit from the WSTO website and just got it installed, and everything works great... except for the SOUND, i dropped my car off at the shop to get the kit installed came back to pick it up assuming it would be done after 5 hours and the installer said that the video works just fine but you have no sound because my stock harness rums threw fiber-optic cables so the modmynav harness that was given for the sound is not compatible!!! So i called WSTO asked them if there was a way to get the sound to work he said kris from modmynav would have to help me because he had no idea what to do... So kris emails my installer and tells him that the kit is only meant for video and dose not work for the fiber-optic cable systems, on top of all this now that i used it i can not get my money back that i paid for it !!
Dose anyone have this installed in a 2004 bmw 545i e60 with navigation and cd changer?? If so how did you get around this to get the sound to work with the video,

Someone please help any answer will do at this point.

Thanks

You need to route audio-out from the modmynav console into the aux-in in your idrive (assuming you have that). Otherwise, you will need to get the aux-in installed. Routing the wire will depend on where your aux port is.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
I would rate it an 8. I have only installed the rearview camera & it works well. The only drawback is in a dimly lit area, hard to see images clearly, but when I upgraded to led license plate lights, I can see much better. I'm thinking of adding the frontview camera & the DVD player. The install wasn't too bad, I never had taken the ccc out before, so it took me awhile to install everything. I like it though. Tha camera is pretty valuable.,.
+1. 7-8/10 for me. Backup camera is good to have. I have my iPhone connected to the iDrive for navigation/youtube use. It's not a very clean setup, but it works.

The MMN kit really shows how crappy the iDrive screen is - wish we could upgrade that too.

Quick Reply: PnP Multimedia interface module + Back up camera kit