Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Dinan Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, as most of you read already we had a fantastic Meet & Greet over the weekend here in the Bay Area. We were all fortunate to meet and drool over EuroCarFan (Tony's) ride. He just recently added some Dinan goodies which looked and sounded great.

I wanted to see how many members would be interested in forming a Group Buy on a Dinan Package Deal. No guarantees from Dinan as of yet, I want to gather some numbers before I approach them. So far I think we have 5 from the Bay Area, but more would provide a bigger impact.

Dinan Cold Air Intake
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Throttle Body

Soon to come sometime this month, so maybe add these as well.

Dinan MAF & Software
Old 03-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i SMG, silver grey, grey Dakota leather, dark poplar, 124's, Nav, Logic 7, PDC, CWP, xenon adaptive lights, comfort seats, electric rear sunshade, hardwired V1, Bluetooth, Aux input, Progman 25, poplar wood trim front lower dash and rear cente

Hey BRISBMW,

I'm in for the group buy, but you already know that
Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks for compliment BRISBMW. I will also try to talk to my sales guy at Dinan to see what he can do to accommodate a group buy.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 645Ci black/red, Eibach springs, K&N air filter, Wetterauer ECU upgrade, Eisenmann 83mmx4 exhaust, 20" Sportec wheels-Michelin PS2 tires, Hamann front add-on lip

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='254529' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks for compliment BRISBMW. I will also try to talk to my sales guy at Dinan to see what he can do to accommodate a group buy.

I'm in process of getting the CAI from Dinan. But if you guys can get better discount through group buy..count me in
Old 03-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

In for the win.

David
Old 03-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i, 6s manual, Titanium Gray / Black Leather, M AeroKit, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation System, Comfort Seat, Heated and Folding Rear Seats, Rear Sun Shade System.

Sorry for being a newbie but what will these parts do for performance? I would guess that the exhaust system will improve exhaust flow (probably a lot more than this but I do not know) but what is a "cold air intake"? Is this some sort of turbo? Sorry, changing the oil on my previous cars was about all I every did under the hood.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:45 AM
Contributors

The Dinan exhaust, as well as other aftermarket tuner exhausts, improves exhaust flow over the stock system. They are usually also lighter so you get the benefit of some weight reduction. Both aspects improve performance but it's usually not that noticeable (6-10hp depending on manufacturer's claims). Probably the biggest reason why people get an aftermarket exhause is the sporty sound and I think Dinan has one of the best. Not too loud but definitely aggressive especially at wide-open-throttle.

The Cold Air Intake increases the amount of air being delivered into the intake manifold and cylinder head of the engine to increase gas combustion. It's not a turbo or supercharger. Dinan's CAI has an extra inlet port that's routed to the front grill to get the most exposure to cold air (away from the engine bay). This second inlet has a carbon fiber tube but that's mostly for show. The airbox itself is replaced with a new bigger unit from Dinan. It looks like Dinan also removed the factory's restrictive charcoal filter when they replaced the box and this could contribute to some of the 17hp gain claimed by Dinan.

You can always check out their website for additional info: www.dinancars.com
Old 03-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

I would be in, but I just ordered from my BMW dealer (cold air and throttle body).

Dinan has some deals through the end of may - 20% factory rebate. Not sure if there would be much added savings over a group buy or not.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Members

Thanks Tony for the detailed explanation for the guys that are interested in Dinan.

Okay it looks like we have not hit the masses quit yet, so I will wait to get a better feeling from fellow members before moving forward. I think a good round number to approach them with would be a committed amount of 10, with of course adding all the goodies. Retail on 10 vehicles would come out to be around $30k, so this is not a bad for a days work.

Tony keep me posted on the word back from your rep.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Contributors

BRISBMW,
I talked to my Dinan rep today, Felipe Escuton. He said while he can't offer a formal group buy, there's a definite chance he can work with us on something informal, as a one-off deal. In order for him to do that, he wanted to have one buyer who can pay for everything...I'm not sure why. Also, they do have a 20% rebate deal on everything till the end of this month if any of you are interested in going that route. That's a pretty good savings. I had thought it was only for the exhaust and wheels but I guess it's for everything.

I think what we should do is list out who wants what specifically and take that to Felipe and see what he can do.

Quick Reply: Dinan Group Buy