Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006
This is a Group Buy with a slight difference. The reason for the difference is because I often see Group Buys that stall because there is not enough of interest. This won't.

The way it will work is as follows. The Group Buy will run until we have the number of people interested or if the time runs out. That way if we don't make the number of people then everyone still gets a discount depending on the number of people who have joined and paid.

The selling price of the V6 to this forum is likely to be the same as the V5.1 i.e. ?250 GBP or $365 USD or ?280 EURO. This price includes DHL courier shipping.

So starting at ?250 GBP for every person that joins the Group Buy the price will drop by ?3.50 until the price gets to ?180 GBP (20 people) at which point the Group Buy stops. ?180 GBP is about $265 USD, so this is your chance to save a massive $100 USD off the price of the V6.

This kits are exactly as they will go to retail but will not have any fancy labels or packing - all the stuff that you pay for but get no value from.

This Group Buy will end on 31st May 2009 unless the Group Buy has already reached the maximum discount possible because 20 people have joined AND PAID.

The Group Buy is only valid for NON UK members. For UK members I will have a better scheme because the shipping costs are a lot less. I will be invoicing people via Google Checkout and the invoice will be in GBP only, so the price you pay may differ a little bit depending on the exchange rate of that day.

So best to start list and put the current value of the item next to name. The first person to sign up will have to pay the full ?250 GBP but then every person joining after that will start putting the discounts on.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Are there any benefits for upgrading to v6 from other versions? If so, will that be covered in a different post?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

As always, if you are happy with the kit you have you do not need to upgrade. The V6 is just part of the evolutionary process but that does not mean that previous versions are bad, just enjoy what you have.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Do you sell the Euro-version of the LCI tail lights with the amber signals?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='861901' date='Apr 28 2009, 06:13 PM
+1
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Contributors

I personally do not sell the lights because the shipping costs are quite high but if people are prepared to pay the price I can buy the parts and ship them. I don't intend making any money off that bit. But be warned that UK dealer prices can be considered high. I think the lights are about ?240 each at the dealer. Then there is the shipping costs to consider.

Have you tried contacting Alex Neetzel <alexneetzel@web.de> and telling him I sent you to him. He used to have good prices.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: honda accord

The first person to sign up will have to pay the full ?250 GBP but then every person joining after that will start putting the discounts on.

Im confused.....so why would u be the first?....you would have to pay full price?....i think it encourages people to wait it out to the end...

1. Sucker (?250 GBP)
20. nyuballer (?180 GBP)

May I add a suggestion?

wouldnt it make more sense that the first who pays gets it cheaper and anyone after has to pay ?3.50 extra until it reaches 20 ?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Contributors

If I understand this correctly the price will fall for ALL GB participants, but by how much depends on how many people join it before May 31. If there are only 10 of us by May 31, we still all pay the same price but the potential discount opportunity will not have been met and we will all pay somewhere in the middle between the maximum and the minimum figures listed by Bruce.

If he does receive 20 participant requests though we will each be asked to pay the ?180 GBP amount. If someone, or two, or three, etc. back out, it seems he will reopen it for a little while to allow someone else who missed out in joining the 20-member group. Either that OR the 20 becomes 19, or 18, whatever, and we're each billed the appropriate discount amount that will be an additional ?3.50 for each lousy SOB.

IF I understand this correctly, and honestly how could it be any other way or no one will sign up for this, then please count me in on this GB. Thank you.

If I'm going to be expected to pay more than anyone else who is joining this before May 31, however, please do not sign me up. I think I'm right though as it's the only logical course to take ...

Here's hoping I'm right about Bruce's logic.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by EV4530' post='861907' date='Apr 28 2009, 05:16 PM
+1

Get them off of ebay...they ship from Germany and are OEM Hella. Wish these would have been available when I bought mine.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

can you make it 300 shipped and Ill take it!

Quick Reply: LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY