Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Group Buy on Hartge STYLE Splitter for M-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='646029' date='Aug 13 2008, 02:33 PM
A couple things:

(1) make sure the bodyshop puts some sort of nut on the other end of the screw or else the splitter will get loose over time
(2) i had my shop add screws in the middle to prevent sagging
Okay yes i forgot to mention screws with washer then nut to tighten down the splitter from sagging and over time loosening of the bolts. Thanks michael
Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Cwest and Michael - Thanks for the pix and info. Those holes on the bottom are pretty big. Do you plug them or leave them like that? If not plugged, water can get in and do damage over time. no?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

leave them like that. there shouldnt be any issues at least i've never had any

michael

Originally Posted by theXman' post='646043' date='Aug 13 2008, 02:52 PM
Cwest and Michael - Thanks for the pix and info. Those holes on the bottom are pretty big. Do you plug them or leave them like that? If not plugged, water can get in and do damage over time. no?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theXman' post='646043' date='Aug 13 2008, 02:52 PM
the hamman splitter i have on now are the exact way i've made my hartge splitter, so as for damage in the long run i dont know till the long term effects take place. The holes are sorta big due to the fact of fitting the washer and the socket to screw into the splitter.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Get a lock washer too, it'll help keep the nut, washers and bolts tight over time through vibrations etc.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Members

My Ride: Standard: 05 530i A36w/ Beige interior: DVD/mp3 player, Exterior: M-Tech, Breyton trunk spoiler , AngeliBright, HID 6000K foglight, 6000K headlight bulb, 19" M Double Spoke 167, Michelin PS2 245/35/19, 275/30/19, Hartget rep splitter Performance: Bilstein PSS9, GroppeM intake, Supersprint pipes, ECU remap, Brembo front-380mm, back-345mm

Originally Posted by theXman' post='645722' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:04 AM
To those who have done the install,

What did you use to install the splitter? Screws, bolts, silicone glue or all the above. I guess you should drill holes and fit the splitter first, then remove it for paint. Some pictures of screw/bolt locations would help too. I just want to have an idea before bringing it to a shop (which might not have done it with E60 before). TIA

my body shop use screw/bolt and nut on the other side to tighten the splitter, i think 4 or 5 on each side and one in the middle, but they did not recommend to use any silicone/glue to hold them together, the splitter and our M-Tech are made of different material, and the splitter is not as flexible as the M-Tech, once we hit the splitter with something hard, it'll break, in this case the splitter will also rip off/damage our M-Tech if they are siliconed/glued, IMO i can take off the splitter if it's damaged, but i don't want to break my front bumper at the same time.

hope this helps~~~
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

I finally got everything installed! the fitment was excellent! Sorry for the dirty car and the low quality Blackberry pix...
Thanks again to Pete and Michael for putting this group buy together!! you guys rock!! I love the look of this splitter, it changes the whole look of the front end of the car!... and for you young bucks... Don't bother telling me to lower my car... I'm very happy with the ride quality and ride height.. I'm probably gonna scrape the sh!t outta the bottom of this splitter as it is.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Now I'm almost ready for Mfest... just a few more things to do before then....
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by leggomysakyo' post='646229' date='Aug 13 2008, 07:53 PM
I finally got everything installed! the fitment was excellent! Sorry for the dirty car and the low quality Blackberry pix...
Thanks again to Pete and Michael for putting this group buy together!! you guys rock!! I love the look of this splitter, it changes the whole look of the front end of the car!... and for you young bucks... Don't bother telling me to lower my car... I'm very happy with the ride quality and ride height.. I'm probably gonna scrape the sh!t outta the bottom of this splitter as it is.

Looks great, congrats . Way to kill the "droppin" comments. Happy and scrape-free motoring
Old 08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by leggomysakyo' post='646229' date='Aug 13 2008, 07:53 PM

drop it....the Denali i mean!lol

looks good, but i miss Nina!! i see you!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Contributors

looking super!!

Quick Reply: Group Buy on Hartge STYLE Splitter for M-Tech