Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Group Buy for ED, less than $1000 over invoice: SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks,

I?m getting ready to put in an order for my 4th BMW European Delivery (others were 2002, 2006, 2007) and was wondering if there were any other members interested in getting a great deal along with a great buying experience. My plan is to get a list of interested forum members, and with the rough numbers, approach the CA who did a wonderful job for my last 2007 525i European Delivery (John Wolff, East Bay BMW, Pleasanton CA).

What I am pretty confident of being able to do is get a starting price less than $1,000 over ED invoice, and hoping to drop down to say $500 over, with significant numbers. This is with no markup with lease MFs and acquisition fee, and only a $50 or so documentation fee (other state and licensing fees apply). I?m confident, since that was the deal that John gave me for just my single lease on my current car. What you won?t get is a lot of salesmanship and BS from John, from my personal experience.

So, if you?re interested, about ready to place an order and in Nor Cal, shoot me a PM (with your email address) and leave a short message on this thread and I hope to be in touch shortly. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Chris.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:04 AM
Senior Members

I have understood that there is far less (i.e. very very little if any) incentive for a CA to give a "group buy" price on European Delivery than in other situations in cases where the price is already in the lowest rung (i.e. $1000 or so over invoice).

This is because
1.) the customer is going to purchase a car and do European Delivery regardless (i.e. it?s not like a part that?s optional and they would purchase if the price is lower)
2.) there is very little markup
3.) the amount of work is the same, there is no scale in European Delivery

Since you haven?t gotten the CA?s buy-in on a group buy, I would suggest you enquire first before gathering a group.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='512190' date='Dec 31 2007, 06:04 AM
I have understood that there is far less (i.e. very very little if any) incentive for a CA to give a "group buy" price on European Delivery than in other situations in cases where the price is already in the lowest rung (i.e. $1000 or so over invoice).

This is because
1.) the customer is going to purchase a car and do European Delivery regardless (i.e. it?s not like a part that?s optional and they would purchase if the price is lower)

Since you haven?t gotten the CA?s buy-in on a group buy, I would suggest you enquire first before gathering a group.
Jonathan, you raise some good points. I've actually given this some thought, but didn't want to share in a long post and clog up the board. I will provide details on how this is a win-win for all to those interested through PM after there is interest, and I contact my CA.

Directly in response:

- Perhaps, but my idea is that John will be incentivized since he will get the sale, and not some other CA or dealership.

- Correct.

- Incorrect. I plan on having all the group buy use similar forms, answer a lot of the questions through direction to postings etc., so that there is less selling and negotiation for John. Bottom line - if there is anything that the group buy can do for him to make things easier, it would be considered. (PS - one of my ideas is that everyone orders a 2008 528i Black/Black with a pickup date of May 1, and leases for 24months with 24K miles .

Finally, I don't want to work with the CA and his SM for there to be no interest in the buy, sort of the we built it, but they didn't come situation. If there is no interest, that is perfectly fine, I'm going to get my own car regardless, and the dealer will be none the wiser. There isn't much in it financially for me, other than the lower price by say $300 or so, but if it helps other forum members, and John gets a few extra, easy sales, I see myself saying why not try it?

Cheers,

Chris.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Members

Group Buy has been confirmed - <$700 over invoice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be closing the buy by the end of the month. If you want in on the deal, post a message here and pm me some details on what you are after, and contact email address.

<$700 over invoice is with a doc fee of about $50, and buy rate money factor and acquisition fee ($625) - no other dealer fees, for those who want to lease. Other TTL fees at cost apply.

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Members

The original group buy has been closed. All offers and orders submitted will be processed as agreed.

John has provided me pricing that can be used on an individual basis until the end of January for those interested. PM me for details, and let me know if you are purchasing, leasing or financing.

Thanks everyone for your attention.