Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Group Buy!!! AFE Cold Air Intake for the 545i @ $276/

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

It's about damned time...

http://www.afefilters.com/productrev...81/5411081.htm

Old 05-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Can you notice any difference ?
Performance, not sound .
Old 05-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='582595' date='May 17 2008, 09:57 AM
Can you notice any difference ?
Performance, not sound .
Not yet...but I will once I buy it! Hehehe
Old 05-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interesting in hearing the sound of it with a stock exhaust. Wish BMW would give the V8 little more growl sound from the factory when the motor is pushed. Heard nothing buy good things about AFE air intakes. Might have to get me one of them.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

As I live and breathe............I thought this day would never come!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='582637' date='May 17 2008, 11:02 AM
As I live and breathe............I thought this day would never come!

LMAO..yea, its been kinda like waiting for the eternally 'soon to come' VF Engineering N62 supercharger. But, aFe has come through. Now if they can actually add it to the shopping cart so I can buy it, I'll regain my performance mod bug..
Old 05-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

It seems interesting.... How about Group Buy for this? (for all 545i owners of course) If you do, I am in!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Oriental Metallic Blue Sports and Premium Package L7 Sound

I am going to assume you would loose your warranty if you install this after market mod correct?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by my545jjes' post='582651' date='May 17 2008, 02:49 PM
I am going to assume you would loose your warranty if you install this after market mod correct?
Why would you think that? Putting an intake on a car will not void your warranty.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by my545jjes' post='582651' date='May 17 2008, 11:49 AM

Only if a failure arises, and only if the manufacturer can prove that said part was causal in the failure. In other words, if your i-drive screen goes blank and you put in the CAI, you cannot be denied warranty coverage. However, if you forget to oil your aftermarket filter, the element gets brittle and deteriorates, fine particles get sucked into the engine causing cylinder bore scoring and bearing failure, then you're SOL.

Warranties and Modifying Your Car

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that a manufacturer cannot deny a warranty claim because of an aftermarket part, unless the part in question actually CAUSED the problem that the warranty claim is about.

That means that if you install aftermarket shocks, and then your turbo blows, the manufacturer cannot deny you warranty coverage on the turbo. (Unless the shocks somehow directly caused the turbo failure, which defies reason.)

But if you install an ECU chip upgrade that increases turbo boost, and then your turbo fails, the manufacturer could probably deny your claim. It is reasonable to think that increased boost could lead to a turbo failure. (That doesn't mean it does...we have not seen a single turbo failure attributed to an ECU mod.)

Of course, that's just the law. Reality is that the dealer can make life awfully hard on you if you pull in with your lowered car and they decide they're not going to cover your turbo failure just on principle. While the law is on your side, the dealer service department may or may not be. For that reason, we suggest you get to know your local service manager. Be honest with him or her; ask what is the department's policy on aftermarket modifications and warranty service. You'll find a range of stances, from super-conservative ("We don't work on modded cars, ever") to liberal ("Yeah, we even install turbo upgrades here at the dealer!"). Find a service department you can live with.[/font]

Quick Reply: Group Buy!!! AFE Cold Air Intake for the 545i @ $276/