FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC - Page 2 - 5Series.net - Forums

Go Back  5Series.net - Forums > Classifieds > Group Buys
Reload this Page >

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 AM
  #11  
Senior Members
 
NavarroOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 467
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT
Default

I'll check the link with great interest. I am interested in a harness, so I can plug and play as well as amp-up all the other speakers as well, provided it is relatively easy to run the wires from front to back and get to the HU to plug it in. Haven't yet seen any DIY description on running wires all along the vehicle!

As to my amp, I plan for a TNT T1000W/2 amp where the description reads "high level and low level rca" input so I take it it can also handle 8V..!

with this set, I take it no coding is needed from bmw to make it work?

oh, one more thing, do you have a set of connectors I could solder to the sws-8's so they can plug into the existing cables if i end up buying the above harness?
NavarroOne is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
  #12  
Contributors
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 330
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017
Default

Originally Posted by NavarroOne View Post
I'll check the link with great interest. I am interested in a harness, so I can plug and play as well as amp-up all the other speakers as well, provided it is relatively easy to run the wires from front to back and get to the HU to plug it in. Haven't yet seen any DIY description on running wires all along the vehicle!

As to my amp, I plan for a TNT T1000W/2 amp where the description reads "high level and low level rca" input so I take it it can also handle 8V..!

with this set, I take it no coding is needed from bmw to make it work?

oh, one more thing, do you have a set of connectors I could solder to the sws-8's so they can plug into the existing cables if i end up buying the above harness?
The specs of the TNT T1000W/2 are in the Internet... google T1000W/2. Running the extension cables is easy once you remove the seats, so you can tuck the cables under the carpet on the left side of your car.

No coding needed as you will be using the existing output signal as is.

You need to find out first how your woofers are connected to your system. In the 3-Series the 6-speaker Stereo system has the woofers connected in parallel to the door speakers. So to amplify just the woofers new wiring will be needed once disconnected from the front speakers. I don't know how your E60 Stereo system has the woofers wired.
Technic is offline  
Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
  #13  
Senior Members
 
NavarroOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 467
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT
Default

Wasn't planning on taking the seats out. On reconsideration, think I'll be better off just plugging the amp into the woofer outlet and plugging the woofers in again directly after the amp. Less trouble and expense and still undoable in the future if I want to go all the way.

Meantime, Earthquake's tech dept. confirmst that the TNT 1000 can handle 8V but you need to keep the gain at zero level.
NavarroOne is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 04:38 AM
  #14  
Contributors
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 330
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017
Default

Originally Posted by NavarroOne View Post
Wasn't planning on taking the seats out. On reconsideration, think I'll be better off just plugging the amp into the woofer outlet and plugging the woofers in again directly after the amp. Less trouble and expense and still undoable in the future if I want to go all the way.

Meantime, Earthquake's tech dept. confirmst that the TNT 1000 can handle 8V but you need to keep the gain at zero level.
How are you going to install the SWS-8 without taking the seats out?
Technic is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 04:54 AM
  #15  
Senior Members
 
NavarroOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 467
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT
Default

I was thinking I could get to the cabinet without ripping the seats out.
NavarroOne is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 04:59 AM
  #16  
Contributors
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 330
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017
Default

Originally Posted by NavarroOne View Post
I was thinking I could get to the cabinet without ripping the seats out.
You cannot.
Technic is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 AM
  #17  
Contributors
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,719
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006
Default

Originally Posted by NavarroOne View Post
I was thinking I could get to the cabinet without ripping the seats out.
Depends what you mean by seats out. You can tip the seats back without disconnecting them but otherwise you have no hope of getting a sub in there without removing the seat nuts.
bruce_miranda is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 AM
  #18  
Senior Members
 
NavarroOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 467
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT
Default

that will do it for me, i.e. no need to disconnect with possible airbag problems etc, just undo a few bolts and tip the seats back to get to the enclosure
NavarroOne is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 AM
  #19  
Contributors
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 330
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017
Default

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
Depends what you mean by seats out. You can tip the seats back without disconnecting them but otherwise you have no hope of getting a sub in there without removing the seat nuts.
Thank you.
Technic is offline  
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM
  #20  
Contributors
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 330
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017
Default

Improved harness is now available for Group Buy:



- add a trunk sub and/or power the underseat woofers with a separate amp, no need to cut OEM wires or harness itself
- quick underseat woofers connectors with 12AWG wires labeled for easy connection to your aftermarket amp outputs

New Group Buy price: $75 shipped for 5 or $70 shipped for 10 people...
Technic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.