5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Group Buys (https://5series.net/forums/group-buys-28/)
-   -   Feeler: Body Kits Group Order from Fty (https://5series.net/forums/group-buys-28/feeler-body-kits-group-order-fty-136187/)

naiza3k 12-08-2013 06:10 PM

Feeler: Body Kits Group Order from Fty

#1 Report Post
Old Today, 08:09 PM

Mein Auto: Acura Mdx and Acura TL
View My Garage
Feeler: Body Kits Group Order from Fty.
Hey All fellow e60 owners, I just recently picked up a 2008 535xi and am really in love with it. I have been in the import/export business and have been manufacturing/working with direct factories overseas for various different items.

I have decided to work with a factory directly for either m5 or the mtech body kit and wanted to see if there is a interest amongst the group for orders at a deep discount. I'm also looking to order the angel eye LED bulbs and test all the fitments of the body kit on my car as well as the bulbs to make sure that it doesn't draw any error codes.

Currently discussing pricing with the factory and wanted to see how many people may be interested so we can all get a group discount at the manufacture price.

If we can get a minimum of 5 people we can all get very good prices and obviously all benefit from the savings.

I will keep everyone posted once I have the prices and keep everyone updated but in the meantime just want to throw a feeler out.

EvanMitch 12-08-2013 08:27 PM

Ive been in the market for an mtech jit so if we get enough people count me in

naiza3k 12-08-2013 08:50 PM

sounds good EvanMitch.

Boost7 12-09-2013 01:47 PM

Thanks for taking on this task and helping out the 5series community. Just so you have an idea of what these aftermarket parts go for:
ebay.com
trinity autosport
umnitza
All of the above places have the aftermarket Mtech and M5 style bumper for around 349.99 and the entire kit for a bit more. So unless you can get a huge significant price discount, then I think people might be interested. Otherwise, they'll just go through the already establish channels for the parts needed.

naiza3k 12-09-2013 02:56 PM

I agree and I have looked at all their prices and so far it looks like I'm able to to give everyone including myself significant savings. I'm in the process of negotiation with the factories and I have a trip coming up in 3 weeks to China to visit one of my factories and during that same trip I plan on visiting the factory for the body kit as well to review the quality and see fitments.

I will keep everyone posted.

FaintReality 12-09-2013 03:53 PM

China kits are garbage fitment wise. I would be interested but only for a Taiwan kit.

Price wise, the Chinese front bumpers go for $250 vs $350 for the Taiwan bumper... Same for rear but unsure of side skirts.

naiza3k 12-09-2013 03:57 PM

you would be surprised as the quality from China has improved quite a bit in the last few years. I'm sure the ebay/Umnitza are all from China... I will look into Taiwan as well.

Thank you FaintReality.

FaintReality 12-09-2013 05:16 PM

I'm not sure on umnitza but Trinity is Taiwan. On the front bumpers, the Chinese kits will have a gap between the hood and top of bumper as well as underneath the headlights, where as the Taiwan kit fits nearly flawless. Material wise I believe they are identical, so it's more so a fitment issue.

BRKracing 05-19-2014 02:47 PM

What happened to this thread any update??

naiza3k 05-26-2014 08:40 AM

not enough interest and I decided to purchase this set from another member on here.