Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Euro Lci tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

1. Skeeter
2. Nelson29
3. 06530-6M
5. M-Powe|2
6. EV4530
7. brabuse430
8. turboawd
9.BuDdyLe

Ok here is where we stand...We need 2 more people to commit to the lights...One backed out because he found lights already in the Us...
Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='866821' date='May 3 2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry for doing this but I just need to get this off my chest.

If you look at teileguru-de 's feedback you will see that the last person that left a +ve feedback (or any feedback for that matter) related to the LCI tail-lights is bauer-tech, who BTW is Heiko the previous seller that Ryan has been dealing with. So why would Heiko buy from teileguru if he can himself get such good prices. Could it be that Heiko saw a business oppurtunity when he bought the lights from teileguru and so decided to start selling them himself.

Wow...This is crazy... Maybe Heiko gets them from him....Like I said guys let me know for sure what you want to do...I have not commited with any seller at this point...Heiko gave us a 5 day promise on the price...That is all...
Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='866821' date='May 3 2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry for doing this but I just need to get this off my chest.

If you look at teileguru-de 's feedback you will see that the last person that left a +ve feedback (or any feedback for that matter) related to the LCI tail-lights is bauer-tech, who BTW is Heiko the previous seller that Ryan has been dealing with. So why would Heiko buy from teileguru if he can himself get such good prices. Could it be that Heiko saw a business oppurtunity when he bought the lights from teileguru and so decided to start selling them himself.
Good observation.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by skeeter' post='866829' date='May 3 2009, 07:10 PM
Wow...This is crazy... Maybe Heiko gets them from him....Like I said guys let me know for sure what you want to do...I have not commited with any seller at this point...Heiko gave us a 5 day promise on the price...That is all...
This is actually the worst explaination if it is true because then you are not resolving the doubt of the quality issues that the other seller has. Lets hope there is another explaination, I've asked Heiko whats going on here. All I know is I've deal with Heiko before and have had no problems. Ofcourse that was when he was buying cables from me, I've never bought anything from him.

5 day price promise...We're in a recession, any sale is a good sale these days.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i, Full M-Tech kit, CF Hamann front lip, M5 trunk lid, 20" iForged swift, LCI Tail Lights, Remus Quad Exhaust.

IMHO I think we should go with the original vendor, before the group buy i was gonna buy from them anyways, so I pmed one of the recent buys on ebay and they said they are official OEM that come in bmw packaging and everything. So...for a few more bucks i would rather play it safe.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

OK, I got a response from Heiko. He admitted buying 2 sets from teileguru. He said that he wanted to check what the competition was like. Apparently he got only 1 set and found out that teileguru sells Hella seconds. That explains the cheap prices and poor quality.

Hope this has been helpful. I would go with Heiko but see what better price you can get from him.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BuDdyLe' post='866885' date='May 3 2009, 02:41 PM
IMHO I think we should go with the original vendor, before the group buy i was gonna buy from them anyways, so I pmed one of the recent buys on ebay and they said they are official OEM that come in bmw packaging and everything. So...for a few more bucks i would rather play it safe.
+1
Old 05-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535xi Platinum Gray. M sport, Premium, Cold, Logic, PDC, Sirius, and Bamboo.

I also saw that Heiko has bought them from Teileguru.de.

Mine came form Krah und Enders who also sells them on Ebay.de They are German BMW Dealer. They list them for 340 Euro's which includes 19% VAT.

Listed in their feedback for these very same tail lights is our friend Heiko. It seems to me that he is snatching these up from other ebay sellers and selling them for profit in the US ebay market.

My dealings with Krah und Enders were entirely in Goolge translated German. They do not usually sell outside of the EU. I was enough of a pest that they agreed to sell to me. Unfortunately, my tail lights included BMW OEM useless conversion cables and I also got charged VAT.

What was most interesting was that my package included an actual BMW invoice. The price of the taillights alone was something like 128 euro's per side. The cables were 30 euros then 19% VAT. which gets you to 340 as listed in their auction. The 255 Euro price is not cheap, but rather the actual retail price. Heiko seems to be buying them at retail, paying VAT, paying for shipping to him, then upcharging on top of that. The price if you walked in off the street to Krah und Enders and paid VAT would be 303 Euros.

If anyone here speaks German and would like to contact Krah und Enders directly, you will be getting the real deal like I did. I have passed on their contact info to Skeeter.

Heiko is not doing anyone a favor at $520 shipped. My personal feeling is that Heiko is has not told the truth.

We have no idea whether or not there is any truth to Teileguru not dealing in first quality parts. In the Audi and VW forum, he gets good reviews.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Contributors

If we all decide to go with Heiko the orignal seller, he will guarantee the lights for 3 years..I just emailed Heiko and asked him if that was the best deal he could give us again...I also mentioned the other ebay seller...I'll let you know what he says...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Contributors

Unhappy

I'm sorry but I have to put this out there: I'd like to be assured that I'm not receiving some other vendor's 2nd class lights that he purchased from somewhere else. If they're not official, 1st run, 1st class, absolutely perfect BMW OEM Hella, Made in Germany, lights, I don't want them at any price. Yes, I like the idea of these lights, with their "I'll be unique here in the States" amber turn signals, but I'd also be fine with the regular US model lights and can get them from an extremely reliable vendor, Garry from Newport.

I'm just concerned about a few of these posts. I'd like for him to be made aware that this is an opportunity for him if we, the users of probably the most popular E60 forums on the internet, are very satisfied with our purchase. We'll definitely spread the word, but that can work both ways ... We are aware he's purchased lights from other Ebay vendors, instead of directly through Hella or BMW, and we don't want those lights.

Skeeter, this is not a criticism of you in any possible way. I appreciate everything you're doing to secure these lights at a fair price.

Quick Reply: Euro Lci tail lights